Ritual clothing and Skyclad

Ritual is often regarded as an intense, personal and intimate affair. Be it part of a group or individual , the connection one feels can be somewhat profound.

When performing ritual, what do you do, what works and what is your preference . Is attire an important consideration for you. Do you just wear whatever, specific jewellery perhaps? Do you have special ritual clothing or robes? Or do you embrace the naturalist elements and go skyclad?

4 Likes

I prefer to be dressed. Even tho what I wear during summer isnā€™t so far away from being nekid :joy: I wear whatever as long my clothes are clean.

But I do have a dress I wear in very special situationsā€¦

2 Likes

Bit of all: I have a black robe, I have various clothing that has symbols (covert or otherwise), I wear a red dress a lot that is just for generally slobbing about and also works great in ritual, but Iā€™ve also done some cool stuff in nothing but my old Care Bears tee or another t-shirt nightie and socks. :smiley:

Most days I am doing several different sessions of communicating with spirits etc so getting changes each time wouldnā€™t be practical. Azazel, Thoth, and King Paimon has all requested I dress a bit more smartly, at least covering from bosom to below the knee, Belial doesnā€™t seem to notice or care, and neither do many other spirits I work with a lot.

I do skyclad sometimes, but I feel the cold pretty badly so itā€™s not my first choice, by a long way, except in heatwaves.

6 Likes

A black robe over black comfortable clothes. Sometimes barefoot.

2 Likes

In EAā€™s book Works of Darkness, he recommends being shirtless and barefoot, with only black pants, so that is usually the way I do it, though, when it is a bit cold, I will wear a shirt. My shirt of choice these days is my BALG one.

4 Likes

Black hooded robe over comfortable black clothes most of the time. For invocations I sometimes dress as much as possible like how the spirit shows itself to me.

3 Likes

Personally, at the moment I got no special clothing or dress for rituals, but I know a good webshop for my cause, so Iā€™ll get my clothing before or after.

My rituals at home Iā€™ve oftenly doing without socks, pants and T-shirt (so yes, almost completely naked, my underwear is always black, but sometimes I avoid my bra). The less dress I wear, the better and easier to doing them, and some Deities are really like it.

Before my rituals, I take care of my neatness, and yesā€¦ my hair is my weak point, so I have to fix it as well. :roll_eyes:

-Iā€™ve just gave an offering to Lucifer and Iā€™m now completely drunk. I canā€™t write, shit.-

2 Likes

My default is dressed in a clean and sweet smelling cotton shit I have that is very long. I have had spirits request I be naked and seemed a bit sad that I wasnā€™t skyclad. Keep in mind this is NOT sexual. Itā€™s a call for complete exposure and vulnerability and the spiritual equivalent of ā€œI really want to know you and would like you to be open to the same thing.ā€ These spirits usually manifest in some manner of undress, but with fading or blurring so itā€™s clear itā€™s about knowledge and not sex.

Because most of the what I do is invocation, I make sure my body is clean and smells like a favored oil. Mostly as a sign of respect when I have the time to do it. Secondly because the thought of anyone having to deal with me when I smell like body odor after a hard workout is not something I would be comfortable with.

4 Likes

I have had spirits request I be naked and seemed a bit sad that I wasnā€™t skyclad. Keep in mind this is NOT sexual. Itā€™s a call for complete exposure and vulnerability and the spiritual equivalent of ā€œI really want to know you and would like you to be open to the same thing.ā€ [ā€¦] itā€™s clear itā€™s about knowledge and not sex.

@Narsonix You described well why Iā€™m doing my rituals without clothes. :ok_hand: Doing rituals and meditating without clothes it is not = with sex or being sexual. But people often think in this way about it.

3 Likes

I usually wear a solid white cotton under shirt and a pair of white cotton pants, I guess it lends to me being clear minded? I put it on after a shower before any ā€˜magickalā€™ practice. I plan on buying some religious style robes, almost like catholic priest frocks but prettier. Both for helping my conscious mind focus on the work at hand and for the aesthetics.

3 Likes

Jeans and a flannel.
Robes or nakedness do nothing but catch fire or freeze you.

5 Likes