Ritual Attire

Hey All,

I am curious about what others here wear for their rituals. Does anyone feel robes are necessary? I do my rituals a la Works of Darkness, wearing simple black pants and no shirt, but am not sure if it would be appropriate for angelic or elemental works so I thought, why not ask the forum?

So I pose the question: What do you wear for your rituals?

1 Like

Black is a neutral color for most forms of rituals. I can’t remember the exact reasoning behind it, I think it helps create an internal barrier for energy or something along those lines.

Angels and elementals can be evoked just fine while wearing black as well. The color is for the operator, not the evoked, generally speaking.

I have a black ritual robe with dark purple lining I like to wear

A key part of this is that he “likes” it. Your ritual attire, among other attributes, helps get you in the mood and mindset. This isn’t the only attribute it brings, but a very useful one.

I have a black changshan that I wear as a robe. I think its pretty important to have some specific ritual outfit, it does really put you in the right head space, also considering that my robe gets covered in chalk, candle wax and perpetually smells of incenses it is good to have that protective layer over my regular clothes (or body depending on the temperature)

Eh mine has blood stains and smells like cherry because i get my red candles at walmart

I don’t wear anything… It saves me the mind trouble of worrying if I’m catching something on fire pr knocking things over with loose fabric. When i transition into a rapture I start rocking and moving… If I must wear clothes then a comfortable pair of pants like black yoga pants and a tight fit top for the same reasons stated before about catching on fire from candles. Even if I am outside I don’t bother with much on knowing that I will begin to sweat shortly after the evocation begins…

I keep it simple. I usually wear black jeans and a black hoodie. I always pull my hood up when I’m evoking. I’d like to get a black robe with a hood and a gateway of pacts on the forehead part of the hood. I like having my hood up, something feels right about that.

In my own personal rituals, I usually follow Crowley’s advice: “With naked breast and feet unshod, I follow the wizard way to God.”

If you haven’t read the poem “Wizard Way,” it’s really one of his best (seconded by Leah Sublime… but that’s just the fetishist in me!)

He had learnt the elvish sign;
Given the Token of the Nine:
Once to rave, and once to revel,
Once to bow before the devil,
Once to swing the thurible,
Once to kiss the goat of hell,
Once to dance the aspen spring,
Once to croak, and once to sing,
Once to oil the savoury thighs
Of the witch with sea-green eyes

Gotta love poetry that incorporates gonorrhea.

I’m a jeans and t-shirt guy myself usually barefoot. Something comfortable that lets me focus on the task at hand.

For meditations I rock the sweats and and t-shirt. For full on ritual it is fifty-fifty nude or my 1%er riding gear, depends on the reason for the ritual and my mood.

1 Like

I usually wear Tai Chi slacks and a T shirt…just so I can feel comfortable and not worry about flames as mentioned. I had been considering getting a robe though to get more into the ritual…

And EA I didnt know you were kink… Rock on!

Purple robe, bare feet. No hood. Black sash(belt) when indoors.
Black hooded robe. Purple sash(belt), black Danner boots when I’m outside.