Rider Waite Smith tarot is not the best type of cartomancy or divination. Fact. Unless you’re exclusively LHP. And small rant at the end

I don’t know about predicting events outside of my personal life. But I KNOW that the RWS deck has given me tons of insight into myself and helped me made personal decisions that have brought benefit to my life time and time again. In fact when I look for input on decisions I am considering and do the opposite of what I feel the RWS cards are giving me insight about due to lust or ego I’ve always regretted it.

There are so many variables with that, not to mention that PCR tests just went from being the marker of a “case” to being pretty much irrelevent:

Not got much else to add right now, just thought this was important - the more variables/moving parts in s aituation, the more agendas brought to it,. the harder it can be to read accurately - by ANY system. :thinking:

Can you maybe expand upon why you think the imagery inverts the Bible? Also, which Testament - Old, New, or both?

Adding meaty info gives people more to consider, and research. :+1:

1 Like

The cards definitely have a Satanic vibe to them. Mixing Bible imagery with Golden Dawn and Masonic symbolism. For example the Hanged Man is inverted/upside down and his arms and legs are folded, in comparison to Jesus Christ who had his arms and legs spread out when he was nailed to the cross. The man who is in the picture has a halo around his head showing that he is divine. Jesus. Then in the High Priestess the first thing you see are the two pillars, one back the other white. Masculine and feminine. The Sun and the Moon. The priestess is wearing a Christian cross in contrast to the Masonic symbolism. On the floor there’s a moon and she’s wearing a sun shaped hat. For the Lovers Gabriel is blowing his trumpet, but Gabriel is supposed to blow his trumpet when the Great Tribulation will happen. They are both nude and look like Adam and Eve. After the events in Garden of Eden they started wearing clothes because they were ashamed of themselves. There’s another contrast. If you were to analyse each card you can find this in every card. In the Two of Cups that’s actually Buer flying above the man and the woman.

1 Like

Most tarot decks available don’t follow the RWS format because the symbolism and individual card meanings for each deck is different. You could say that each deck has its own personality. The purists don’t want to acknowledge this and always refer to RWS.

The querent is the one with the agenda because they’re the one whose asking the questions. The cards are meant to act as a guide or give you advice on your current situation. Also nothing is set in stone with tarot because most spreads only tell you what’s going to happen if you continue moving forward in the current direction you’re moving in. Moving forward in this direction means moving forward without the knowledge you’ve gained from your reading. So you can utilize tarot as a tool to tweak your path and set your trajectory to meet the least resistance when you go out to accomplish your goals.

It’s one of those things where if you believe this to be true then it’s going to happen when you encounter spirits with your deck. It’s kind of like when a christian dabbles with tarot and ends up possessed (it’s happened). It’s because they approached it with the mindset that this is devil worship and that mindset opened the doorway for them to get possessed. In other words if you had a different perspective you would encounter different things.

You’re taking that out of context. Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law. Love under will. Essentially meaning only you are responsible for your own life. Taking responsibility over yourself isn’t a satanic thing.

All forms of divination are considered blasphemous to the bible. Also all magick is black magick. From a biblical point of view you’re in league with the devil as soon as you started to show an interest in occultism.

That’s very Satanic or lhp from a philosophical point of view.

It can be described as a selfish path but this is taking it out of context. The lhp is about understand where you’re at in relation to everything else in this world. There’s no sky-daddy whose going to grant you wishes. It’s about accountability and taking responsibility. Knowing that it’s only you who holds the keys to your happiness. Your happiness v.s. everyone else’s happiness can be a selfish pursuit if you’re not surrounded by like minded individuals.

1 Like

People wouldn’t be individuals without labels. Plus labels help us discern things. And if we didn’t apply labels to people you wouldn’t know the difference between some creep and a decent human being. There’s a lot of sick things being normalized in this world because people are dropping the labels that used to describe certain people with particular proclivities. Regardless of the popular opinion it’s okay to judge and label people.

2 Likes

Cards work much more by feel than memory or form as many other forms of divination do, and Rider-Waite is the most ubiquitous deck. There are other types and it never hurts to check with multiple, but I’m not going to teach a newbie on some psychedelic ahegao cat people deck I don’t recognize fuckall in nor am I liable to start them on any other form of divination that requires either a lot more study or very strong natural divinatory sense to start effectively. Moreover, the best divinator is the one who’s right. They can be using anything. An ideation of “best” which differs from that mark is a crock.

1 Like

Certain decks attract certain people.

1 Like

That’s true. Divination and witchcraft are forbidden in the bible. But being in league with the devil is an exaggeration. There are some Christians that say things like that but it’s not true. I don’t like this whole use his religion against him because he looks like a Christian.

Taking responsibility over yourself isn’t a satanic thing. True. Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Do what you will as long as it’s not hurting anyone. Love is subsidiary to your will. I think that’s perfectly in context.

I don’t understand this forums obsession with putting people into categories. People are much more than what they appear to be at face value.

Runes can be learnt in 5-10 minutes. Just read the meanings on the Internet. It’s enough to get accurate readings immediately. Same with Lenormand that has 36 cards which is less than RWS’s 78.

Correct. RWS isn’t the be all end all.

When I was asking for advice on a situation RWS told me the wrong thing to do. 10 times with months apart. In one reading with Lenormand I was supported in my goal, whereas RWS was trying to undermine it.

Read about how tarot cards, runes and divination actually work. It’s a spirit that guides the reading. Someone’s subconscious can’t tell them what they don’t already know.

People take this left hand path stuff too far. They become egocentric and can’t accept any criticism without getting angry because their ego is hurt. Their opinion is law and they are always right and they look for people to just echo what they think in their heads. And they spend their days plotting revenge and what curse they’ll use today. According to the bible Satan wanted to be equal to God because he became proud. He created a rebellion in heaven and was thrown out along with his angels. I’ve read a conservation between a magician and Lucifer in a post. When asked where do demons come from he said “from the source”, “you humans would call it God and we were thrown out of Heaven”. I rest my case. Just because someone is interested in occultism doesn’t mean LHP style theology and divination is the correct and only way. The Golden Dawn was definitely a left hand path organisation (let’s use these terms again). Waite was a Golden Dawn member therefore their symbolism and everything was translated to the cards.

Not really. The Bible tells it’s followers to execute people who practice that stuff.

Labels and categories are important. Without them life would be pretty meaningless.

Most mouth breathers are what they appear as. A waste of time.

You missed the point in my first post.

I know how they work. And the subconscious can tell you things you don’t already know. It’s obvious that you don’t understand how the subconscious mind works. Maybe you should research it sometime.

Projection.

Shill.

Okay I think this has run its course, it will remain visible and available via search for those who want to research the topic, and thank you to all who contributed. :+1:

2 Likes