I return to the Lord, and gain strength with discipline (no this is not a evangelical, or conversion topic)

Today is Ash wensday. For a while I was pondering what to do for lent, the 41+ days of fasting (it is a leap year)

I thought about doing a water fast for the time, but that caught alot of flack from my room mates and freinds, so kept that for maybe 21 days or 2 weeka. We will see.

I decided to take a vow of silence. Let me tell you about this, it has got to be the most powerful practice I have done, and im only 6 hours into it.

I feel clear and level headed. Strong and energized. I talk to my co workers through a text to voice app. To make things easier.

Here is why i think silence is so powerful. It is about sacrifice and discipline. We live in a society (yes i know don’t shoot me…) where we are told to over indulge. To consume. To be comfortable. To get what we want and fuck the results.

This behaviour is damaging. It literally kills us, as we have an innate survival instinct that gets weal and withers away with eash bit of laziness.

I have been really looking in to my masculine energy, very very taboo in this day and age, puting myself in uncomfortable positions. Restricting my food intake. Working harder. Taking cold showers.

I feel myself getting more powerful with these practices.

If you have ever stopped doing something, for example, i stoped eatting junk food and sugery stuff. Real food tastes so amazing now. And junk food tastes like shit…

Her body is designed to over come. But it can’t over come if we never strive to do more, to restrict. To discipline. All these virtues are laughed at, at best and called bigotry at worst.

Ill keep you updated on my progress

6 Likes

I did stuff like that back in my RHP days, can attest to feeling of personal power from it. “Back in” does not btw mean “less evolved” or “one day you’ll be where I am” or bullshit like that, just a reference. I went there to get to here, and retained some of the exercises, others I’d find very difficult even now.

Btw I think your topic title doesn’t adequately describe the interesting material in the post, and may cause people to overlook it? :thinking:

6 Likes

Possibly. I did include my disclaimer…lets see if that helps.

1 Like

Tell me more about your experiences

And here I am doing the lame old “no-chocolate”-fast :roll_eyes:

I wish you strength to pull it through :muscle:

6 Likes

Kinda can’t be arsed right now, sorry, handling comedown from some healing work, got a load of planning to do and stuff with my remaining energy. Some other time? :smiley:

2 Likes

The damn company got involved. Hr called me and told me this legal bs. I had to fill out.spme religious accommodation fprm and shit

2 Likes

Sure…tell me how you delt with corperate bs, if ypu experience that as well

1 Like

I am very interested in your experience. Your vow of silence is fascinating. Please do keep us updated.

(I am fasting. One meal a day. Light lunch. Very healthy. It gets easier as the days go by. :slight_smile:)

2 Likes

Silence is indeed powerful because it is the nature of totality.

1 Like

What’s that old saying?

Oh right, “silence is golden.”

1 Like

So my boss tells me, because of the job. I am required to speak and can’t to this exercise. He even told me he was going to fire me if i couldn’t call hr and explain. O regretably had to break my vow and speak because my job required it…

Need to figure something out…damnit

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that.

In most jobs they cannot fire you if it’s for a religious reason, they can risk being sued.

3 Likes

It’s not that silence alone: it is another type of silence that exists even if one speaks and no matter what one does.

1 Like

Ive always fancied going to a retreat - they do silent retreats, where nuns run about doing duties, but its all done in pure silence, noone ever talks - sounds like bliss to me!

One guy whos an atheist millionaire, care not for the ‘fluffy stuff’, cockney wideboy… came back after his silence visit a changed man, he was walking the gardens, bored out of his brain… he then walked with Jesus as if he was right next to him, spoke to him and couldnt believe it.

Tough nut to crck that one but it worked just by closing his gob for a week

1 Like

Perhaps silence for the other 16 hours of the day?

1 Like

I don’t luckily, but I would try Belial, or maybe Archangel Michael, both are concerned with correct use of authority. :thinking:

1 Like

Use their system against themselves. If you were muslim what are your rights.
You have the right to silence.

I have been thinking of that