Repeated dreams of Valknut

It’s appearing as an extremely shiner silver pendant,
Always feels like something I don’t deserve to hold or be near,
But admire and desire it.

2 Likes

Intriguing
What really fascinates me is your description of your emotion.
The symbol is often associated with death and workings with the dead. Often many (today) associate it with or focus on it’s connotation with a “glorious death”

I would say maybe it’s an expression of confronting your own mortality or rather your desire to live a life that you find meaningful.

2 Likes

Tricky Valknut has a few meanings, yes it is a symbol of Ódhinn and a reference to him. It has meaning something along the lines of a warrior in his prime who sacrificed himself for the sake of the clan.

You wanting and admiring the symbol. Could mean you other want to join with Ódhinn, or you may have to sacrifice something for the sake rising to power. Just a suggestion. I’ll have to take a look later to be sure. Perhaps there are others who have a more in delta take on this.

Here’s a link to good info about the Valknut:

2 Likes

Thanks for this response.

Odin is my main deity for practicing Norse magick.

I have realizations of my own mortality a lot, divine purpose, and also aware of certain ways I have been taking that avoid any open allegiance to the Germanic path.

It’s not warrior like to simply fly a flag for my beliefs, but it’s not warrior like to remain secretive.

I think this may be what it means

2 Likes

I DO agree

I do want a more meaningful life and all these things…

Welcome @Hexe. Please introduce yourself in the NEW MAGICIAN AND INTRODUCTIONS area, and tell us about yourself and any experience in magick you may have. It is a rule of this forum.

1 Like

Ah yes! Will get on that now
Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi there I promised I would get back to you. I’d love to direct you in a more concrete way you could pathwork the Norse system, but I can’t since I began very recently myself.

You said the symbol was shown in a silver hue? Well that sort of implies alchemical or lunar properties to your dreams. In case you didn’t already know silver is connected to the moon, dreams and the “other side”, modern interpretations seem to attribute silver to feminine. I sort of agree, it’s irrelevant. But the moon has reflective function. So in terms of your dream I would like to view it as a summons a direct invitation to you to meet with Odhinn. That’s just a interpretation of mine it may not be true.

FYI - as a general rule: dreams are a great and potent way to get in touch with entities. A book that I’ve been trying to use other than questing after visions is: The Lucid Dream manual. And I have been having some results which are gradually showing. One trick I found from the Lucid Dreaming Manual thatbreally helped. Was setting the alarm with 5 min interval while you go to sleep, walking up enough times will eventually put you in a very special state, where you wake up middream. Once you experience that wrote them down. And meditate on the meaning. This will eventually likely lead to Ódhinn showing himself in your dreams but more frequently and consistently.

And if that doesn’t work there are two more resources one book and a video course. The book: The Heathen by Asbjörn Torvol. Video course: Viking Magick byn E.A or Book: Futhark by Edred Thórrson. And of course for the sake of building devotion - which is what I am still doing (4 months in and still counting), by either make prayers or about a short paragraph long writing, including titles; attributes etc. or as I will do soon, getting an idol of the god or godess and beer meed poured on the ground first to Ódhinn, Freya and Lókki. While thanking them for the prescence and asking for the guidance on your Journey through Yggdrasil.

1 Like

Very interesting.

2 Likes

I can’t stand him

1 Like

:laughing:

Why’s that?

I’m going to give you a different take on what you’ve seen.

The valknut can also represent Yggdrasil, as a representation of how to view the cosmos. There are nine angles and sides, each one representing one of the nine worlds. The top triangle are the three celestial worlds, Ljusalfheim, Asgard, and Muspelheim. The middle triangle represents the three terrestrial worlds, Jotunheim, Midgard, and Vanaheim. The bottom triangle is then the chthonic worlds of Svartalfheim, Helheim, and Niflheim.

With that in mind, I would ask, did the valknut move when you saw it? Did you desire a certain part of it, or did you desire the entire pendent that it was engraved upon? Was there anything else in the dream? What was the color of the background beyond the pendent? Were there sounds? Smells? What was your impression upon waking up (as opposed to in the dream)?

2 Likes

This is the best answer - the 9 worlds, 3 x 3 triangles. Excellent description.

1 Like

Thank you. :blush:

1 Like

When I woke up, I wanted to feel that way again, how it felt was so surreal and it was beautifully bright. Like light from the moon was illuminating the pendant.

Sort of how Indiana Jones feels upon discovering the ark of the covenant.

2 Likes

Why don’t you get yourself a cheapie Valknut? Perhaps having one will be good for you to focus on or wearing one may be of value, kind of like wearing crystals?

1 Like

In the dream it was a powerful relic that I didn’t deserve to touch…

1 Like

I also feel that the “Norse pagan” culture is overran with consumerism and materialistic stuff… shirts and necklaces… not so into that

1 Like

Have tried to meditate on it? Or a pathworking?

1 Like