Removed posts

Hello @Noel616 , please click this link New Magician Help & Introductions - Become A Living God and make an introduction post, as it’s not optional.
Here’s some helpful Ideas for your intro:

And make sure also to read the forum’s rules

2 Likes

This attitude is completely ignorant for someone who hasn’t even been on this forum for a month.

Every long term member here will remind newcomers to post an introduction as per the rules of this forum when they encounter them, no matter what thread they make a post in, including yours. Doing so is not a “lecture,” nor does it have anything to do with the quality of the newcomer’s post. It is simply making sure all new members know the rules.

Whether you “want to see it in your topic” or not is completely immaterial. This forum practices member moderation, so it will happen any time a new member makes a post without introducing themselves first, regardless if you approve or not. You have no say in the matter.

3 Likes

i know.it’s not my personal forum,i don’t own it,and i’m not giving orders here.and i respect the rules here.
i don’t know why are you so upset i know what i can do and can’t do very well and i’m reading here and visiting every day for the last 2 years.
i am very respectfull to pepole, like you have seen in my former posts and not treating them in a bossy way. nobody owes me nothing!! i opened the topic to get help.so no need to get angry.i respect the pepole in the forum and the rules.
and the “you have no say in the matter” wasn’t nice at all.

Yet, you sought to chastise @Anassa for simply bringing the rule regarding introductions to the attention of a new member who happened to comment in your thread. Your post literally says that you “were really on edge right now” about it, and that you “don’t need to see this right now on your topic.”

So why be rude to a Regular member who was not derailing your thread in any way, but only greeting a new member? @Anassa and I are the most prolific when it comes to reminding new members to introduce themselves, so your comment to her was also a comment towards me, and I found it quite ignorant for someone who has only been a member here for a less than a month.

Well, your comment makes it seem like you thought you had the right to dictate when and where members can let newcomers know to introduce themselves, and you don’t. Silent was not rude, and she was not doing anything we haven’t done a thousand times before in dozens of threads. However, you are the only person who has decided to call her out about it.

1 Like

@DarkestKnight

1 Like

ok first of all i’m apologizing for offending you and silent that was never my intention or meaning.
and i’m apologizing for being rude.
“you sought to chastise @Anassa”…O___O!!!
i really don’t know what to say abot this it’s completly yhe opposite of me daily,not who i am.not my character.not who i am in my daily life.if you knew me better you could known that.i’m not barking,insulting,cursing i was just upset that a new member was trying to help and the way seen it instead of saying to him something like: “howdy and way to go for your help” he got little hello and a cold shower. from my point of view. so i found it offensive for him/she. someone trying to help and get a flush…and i wasn’t very peacefull myself so i snapped.and yes i’m apologizing again for offending silent and you i don’t know i would have acting twards him diffrently.
but to even say something like sought to chastise her???
excuse me but this is not me at all.

@thechsb this forum is unusual in that members actively moderate things (instead of waiting on just one or two people to notice a problem or help someone out), and Regular members especially are committed to helping and making sure that no-one gets left behind or falls into accidentally breaking rules, or anything.

This suits the responsible nature of black magicians seeking ascent better than top-down moderation. :+1:

Having undignified battles over this when someone (@Anassa) is plainly doing the right thing is not a good look for the forum and I have removed this section of the topic for that reason.

To avoid further contention, what I will do is chase up @Noel616 for his intro, he’s only been on 11 hours and has not yet had a PM from me (though he will have had at least one automated PM), to take care of that issue. :thinking:

In future, please remember that members on here, especially Regular members (as I explained in the PM I sent you after you signed up) are part of this forum’s “immune system” and that arguing in this manner gives the wrong impression to newer members as to what is permitted: there are no exemptions to the forum’s rules, and we look to all members to be a part of keeping the forum running smoothly, including you.

Also, rudeness is never a good response. If any post upsets you simply flag it and if necessary it will be split out from the main topic shortly afterwards, there’s no need to go in, fists swinging, text-wise.

Please bear that in mind in future. :+1:

1 Like

I don’t get it why my “please make an intro” post was removed, just because the OP didn’t like it. I didn’t knew I have to be amazed and type down a whole novel praising him as the OP wants…

Excuse me, but by removing my intro-poke it feels like I did something wrong like he said and it really stops me from doing it again in the future.

1 Like

Ouch, that was not my intention at all: sorry.

I removed “the incident” so to speak, I could have left your post in but I intended to get right onto @Noel616 in order to let him know that argument about this is not acceptable, because experience shows me people take their cue from what they see happening more than written rules, therefore, I took all the associated posts.

I would have done the same had the in-topic reminder been my own, in fact on the old forum I routinely dropped in in-topic reminders, and then deleted them as soon as the intro was done.

So I saw your post as a moderation item whose purpose had been served, albeit by the OP having a bit of a bad reaction that necessitated me chasing the member via PM so that he understood Regular members and global mod are saying the same thing, and took it off on that basis: it did not occur to me that would seem to you to be nullifying your excellent work as a member-moderator (and no, I am NOT just saying that to be polite!).

Sorry if it seemed that way!

1 Like