“Remember, you’re the master of yourself” - E.A. Koetting

How does E.A. know that this is a fact? How do I know that it’s a fact that I’m never out of control in life? Can somebody explain what E.A. meant by “master of ourselves”?

It becomes fact when you make it fact. That’s how he knows, it means you control your life, you control your actions. It’s not something coined by E.A it’s something that has been a saying for quite a while now.

12 Likes

“Be the master of your own destiny” don’t forget, daily meditation! I’m really bad at that one myself. But I plan to do the blue ray meditation.

3 Likes

“You’re the Master of yourself” and you manifest this by listening to and obeying your governments, their public servants and media. If a statement is issued, as Master of yourself you accept and act upon that statement uncritically - no edgelording! Essentially, being a Master of yourself involves subservient compliance with the herd. There are a large number of practitioners on BALG who can help. Just think and do what everyone else thinks and does.

Here are a few handy suggestions:
Trust me. Whatever you do, don’t try to become greater than the mortal you are leaving behind. Why strive when you can be comfortably deluded? And talking of E.A. Koetting, please buy his books and watch his free videos on-line; just make sure you don’t do anything. There’s no point in pushing yourself. Armchair Magicians – love ‘em!

Don’t study, apply or read between the lines of Anton LaVey’s atheistic stuff, because he was a Showman. When you get a Taro deck make sure you study what other people say the cards mean – don’t study the actual cards! And never use a separate deck for active Magick.

A handwritten, coded Magickal Journal? Get fucked! Magickal weapons? No point! Alternatively, if you must get a Magickal Journal; get an expensive one, preferably covered in dead animal skin. You can also equip yourself with a full set of the four Magickal weapons via on-line shopping.

Hope that helps.

Al.

7 Likes

Because you get to choose your behavior in any particular circumstance.

You can learn new tricks, aaaaand the being is the only ruler of matter and energy. You literally move atoms on your will alone.

Why do you think your will cannot move other things?

2 Likes

I haven’t even formally replied to this. I’m not having anxiety now so I ask you: does it help to remind myself that I control my life and my actions, whenever I have anxiety again?

I have no idea sorry

I never know if your serious or yanking everyone’s chain. But either way I enjoy your posts.

1 Like

It is a sales pitch.

Why would I ask myself if I already know I don’t know the answer to the question? That doesn’t make any sense at all.

This but post-ironically aka shepherding.

1 Like

He is just being ironic, trying to use reverse psychology.

I guess exaggerated marketing claims really work. I tend to be skeptical of marketing claims (alright, not as hardcore as some people I know, I had to give up the hardcore skepticism, it was bad for my health.)

2 Likes

It’s possible that the matter is connected to some points addressed in Ur Group’s Introduction to magic. In these books there is a sentence about the common man (i.e. not on the spiritual path) who would say an incorrect thing by stating, for example: “I love”. It would be better to say “The love itself is loving inside me”. In fact one is sometimes almost possessed by sort-of forces.
Especially fear, hunger and sexual desire are a few manifestations of one of them and, by sinking deeper, one would be able to recognize such a force as basically encompassing nature. A (of course hard) task would be to subjugate this force.

1 Like

Not going in to great depth on the possibilities of mastering oneself, but one is indeed responsible for everything in their lives, and thereby their own master. As everything is based on choice/free will, dominance and submission are both natural traits of and in nature, human nature not withstanding. Variable as that may be in an individual, the yes and the no choices of life, versus the opposing outer force becomes strengths vs weaknesses. The choices we make are always our own, the outcome inevitably varies. (Individual free will vs collusion)

1 Like