Rejected Petition?

How can I tell if my petition was rejected?

It was a VERY freeform petition with Lucifer just to improve things about myself and to ask for his help and guidance, I was a little vague in it, I included a few drawings even.

I chanted his enn and lit a candle, which I had used previously in another petition with Sallos to cancel a different one, and that’s where things began to go wrong. The candle went out, making it so I had to relight it three times, then the whole thing doesn’t burn even after maybe ten minutes (it’s raining which didn’t help), so then I did what I normally do which is flush the remains but it didn’t flush so then, and this is where it gets gross, I had to pick it out of the toilet and bring it outside to instead bury it. Sorry.

It is again, raining, but I live near a park so I begin trying to pick at the soil and it’s rock solid. By this point my hands are super muddy but I finally manage to (shallowly) bury it and go to head back but then the keys to the main door of my building don’t work. The upstairs neighbor lets me in and say’s he’ll show me how it’s done so I don’t get locked out again and he opens the door without issue. I go to my flat and yet again the keys aren’t working. The neighbor comes down to try to help and it works without a problem.

TDLR; I think my petition just got rejected. Is it better to be more specific with wording? Should I not use the same candle to burn petitions with different spirits (probably not)? Is there anything I should of done differently or is it better to not take it personally?

2 Likes

I’m thinking this is where your problem is.

Get a fresh candle and dedicate it to Lucifer.

After the petition let it burn down completely, or burn it over the course of some days and center yourself and thank Lucifer Everytime you light it. Maybe meditate on the flame as you do and see what comes to you.

5 Likes

I would say yes. Petitions are best when specific, not vague, or too general. Wishy-washy ideas of what you want will give you wishy-washy results, or no results at all.

This shouldn’t matter unless the candle was consecrated to a specific spirit. I generally use the same candles for everything, but I have a specific set dedicated to King Paimon, so I only burn them when evoking him, and would use them to burn only a petition that was addressed to him.

I think the problem lies with your petition, not the candle.

7 Likes

You’re going to struggle to get far if you keep a mindset of “Did they accept my request?”. You’ll have far more success if you just trust that your will will be done and trust it, completely accepting that it will work. With that mindset, you’ll find that your requests are almost never rejected as long as they are within reason.

5 Likes

Thank you. I’ll be more specific in my writing next time. At least it was an adventure

2 Likes

I’ll keep this in mind next time too. Thank you

1 Like

Any tips for how to get out of that and move toward a more positive mindset?

Normally I’d try to move on, I have had really positive petition experiences but this was an entire series of mishaps

2 Likes

It’s not really something that you move towards, just something that you accept, that you surrender to. You simply know that what you ask for will be given to you. You don’t expect otherwise. You only trust in the spirits to bring you what you asked.

It doesn’t have to be authoritative either, it’s simply trust. When I pray to the Gods (Norse) I do it as well, I simply trust them. The thought of it having been rejected doesn’t even cross my mind, but it’s not something you try to suppress or try to not feel. You simply trust, and be relaxed in whatever you feel, this is just for the future.

1 Like

Yeah…

When I do a petition, I draw the spirit’s seal at the top of the paper, write out the petition as instructed in DK’s petitions tutorial, and once I read it out loud three times, confident that the petition was heard, I light a candle, one that was never used by the way, and place it right on the spirit’s seal. As it burns, I meditate upon my desired outcome…not how it will get done, now when will it get done, just the desired outcome, the feelings I feel as if it already happened. Once the candle burns out, I read the petition one more time, thank the spirit and burn it then forget about it…

It works for me…it’s what works for me & I usually get what I asked for on the petition.

Follow the instructions given in DK’s petition tutorial and use a candle that’s never been used. Have some respect for the spirit and don’t give them a candle or offering intended for a different spirit. It’s the same as saying, “I have this ring I would love to give you. No, I didn’t buy it for you, I bought it for someone else, but it’s a ring, ok? Just wear it.”

Good luck.

3 Likes

I never do any rituals on rainy days, I feel low energy inside or outside my house

1 Like

I’ve never had an issue with it. I’d imagine the same is true for a lot of Wiccans.

2 Likes

I really don’t know why.
I feel weak and I can’t feel any presence, I would really like to know if there’s any basis for this.
Thank you for reply

2 Likes

A lot of people view rainy days as sad or have negative emotion or experience attached to it. I find rainy days to be very enjoyable instead. Similarly, wiccans tend to see rain as very special. So might be association?

2 Likes

Thanks for your help, water for me represents cleaning and removal. I think you hit something here.
I’ll try again and see what happens.

2 Likes

Sometimes Lucifer does stuff like this to fuck with me. It’s just what they do. Why? I think it’s to stir up my feelings over little insignificant things like this so that I recognize those same feelings in other areas of my life that are more important and substantial.

3 Likes

Hey so do you use a taller candle to light your space and then a candle for the spirit?

2 Likes

No, I just use a chime candle, light it after I say the petition out loud and let it burn down. It’s just the one candle.

2 Likes

Bookmarking this and I’m gonna give it a go tonight. I’ve been looking for a simpler way to do this. The ones in the books, DOM, CH’s Pathworking, etc…are good but they’re a little rigid.

2 Likes