Rejected by friend for being Satanist

Hello,
I usually don’t post but I’m going through a situation where I keep wondering if anyone else has had to deal with. I have a friend that ive known several years and recently she started to ask me to read her the tarot which I only do for myself but said ok … it became very much a almost daily ritual so I noticed she would base her reactions to the situation she was asking about according to my reading this concerned me so I advised her it’s energies and it’s a guide things can be changed or guided differently do not take it as the absolute truth… fast forward she has basically ghosted me overnight because during our last convo she was upset the relationship wasnt going the way she wanted I advised her to stop doing and workings and just focus on herself but she wouldn’t listen so one day I refused to do more reading because it got to the point where she would get upset if the reading wasnt what she wanted to hear anyway she basically has been ignoring me despite me txting her to find out why she’s upset with me if I’ve hurt her… she just ignored me said she needed to be alone and proceeded to block me everywhere… im shocked now but I do recall her saying to me “but you told me he cared” after a reading … she also said to me from this day on Im no longer going to do anything related to the occult craft tarot etc I said ok good just take a break … but she also said She didn’t want to talk to me … im stunned … she knows I’m a Satanist it didn’t seem to bother her when I was useful but as soon as things went differently she’s ghosted me …
I feel somewhat hurt as I would consider her a good friend… anyone else have this kind of shunning happen ??

6 Likes

Often times some people can become dependent on readings, even to a point they want people to tell them what they want to hear not what they need to hear be it tarot, runes, scans, etc (even happens on the forum)

Personally I’d leave her alone and let her process things, she might not of known that tarot or any readings like it can change based on the feelings, actions, and such of those involved be it her, the guy she likes, etc.

I’ve had something similar but after a while they grew up and out of it, so it was a good ending for me.

7 Likes

this has already happened to me, that’s why I no longer read for others who are not adept at the arts

2 Likes

No true friend would dump you for having a different point of view from them. They obviously were not a true friend and as much as it hurts you that they rejected you your are better off not being friends with them because they wouldn’t have your back when you needed them if something like your choice of religion, sexual orientation or political persuasion can cause them to stop being your friend. A true friend is someone with whom you can be yourself openly and they accept you as you are even if they disagree with your choices. Anyone dumping you for being you was never your friend sorry to say and your better off without fakes like that. All that said my sympathies are with you as I know how it hurt to lose someone you thought was a friend (probably everyone goes through it at some point in their life. I did. It was for a different reason but I know how it feels. It hurts. It will eventually become a dull ache with time though where it only hurts when thinking back on it and the rest of the time it won’t hurt anymore unless you go retrospectively thinking about the past.)

7 Likes

Welcome @Ihave4 It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves, so PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

intro3

1 Like

I normally say “no pearls before swine” an never tell anyone about my private thoughts, but t sounds like you didn’t get a chance to know this person would turn on you. They sounded open minded, and were happy to get free readings until you didn’t tell her what she wanted to hear.

At this point, I think this is more about her not taking personal responsibility for her life and blaming you instead.

This seems to imply something happened, she maybe took the readings at face value and made a bad decision. So she feels bad and she’s lashing out.

Most Tarot readers aren’t Satanists so I’m not sure it’s that, and if she’s citing that as a reason, it’s might be just an excuse, since you didn’t even say you talked to her about your religion.

3 Likes

None of this has to do with you, she had her own problems and has to deal with them, she’ll return to you if she truly cares

1 Like

heh…to be honest…she sounds a bit spoiled. Not someone worth your time anymore. You could be doing magick for folks that are in desperate need of help over some brat. I’d just take the loss and call it a day

4 Likes

Actually, I was someone who at one point didn’t want to get into the tarot, because I worried if I did too many tarot readings, I would become dependent on it and not get anything done (haha, I never get anything done, but that has nothing to do with tarot.) I think really the only way to do it is to set limits as a tarot reader, how many readings and on what you will do within a specified time period, so say, ok, I will only read on that topic for you once per month, because telling a person what they want to hear is not the purpose of tarot (I mean, yeah, sometimes you are pleasantly surprised, but other times, yeah, like uh no, and no amount of reading is going to help) There are plenty of people who will always tell you what you want to hear to get something out of you, but that is why the tarot has value.

Not for this since I am not a satanist, I am a polytheist, but for even dumber reasons. For me it was false accusations that I easily disproved, but the people were spoiled and wanted me to be their servant and didn’t have anything to offer me for in exchange so I grey rocked them.

1 Like

It sounds like maybe she was using you a bit and she doesn’t really appear to have an understanding of the occult. I hate to say this but if she doesn’t accept you for who you are and your beliefs then she’s not worth having you in her life. Most people have a really screwed up notion of what Satanism is fueled thanks to the media.

4 Likes

Right on Wednesday1313. Well said!

Id say cut your loses, she didnt seem like a genuine friend from what youve shared here. But if you want to change things, you can do a ritual to restore the friendship.

1 Like