Reincarnation

Like a seed we grow into a tree in our life span, its experience and knowledge will be compressed into a synthesis of the whole tree that sprouts a new seed, which will grow then again, but connected to the tree it comes from and the tree before that an so on.

If you look at how the gene pool is pass from one another, then living organisms cant be truly separeted, even though its conscience experience itself within the cycle as an individual that has its own experiences, beliefs and memories. Perhaps thatā€™s how we get in touch with our past lives, as well as those of others, but you are still YOU, or at least thatā€™s how I feel it is.

Its purpose? the direction to which life itself aims, the improvement of oneself. Why? I do not know, it seems to be a matter of free will.

Yes I want to be a Dragon

That is a good point, but it has an effect on your life, whether or not you believe. If you donā€™t believe in reincarnation, then your lust for experience can be enormous, while if you do, you are probably not in a hurry to gather experiences into your ā€œone lifeā€.

im a little suprised that someone with an interest in shamanism is questioning reincarnation :smirk:.

I am asking if people believe in it or not. Do you have anything else, constructive, to add to this thread, or did you just come by to poke to me in this rather odd, passive-aggressive fashion?

Hey, you donā€™t need to write a novel-long answer back to me.

i was just genuinely curious why that would happen but you cleared my confusion, sadly lost my input to this ā€œgeneral discussionā€ though ā€¦ well im sincerely not sorry for thinking before i speak!!! some things take alot of dedication like ā€œbecomingalivinggodā€ and not snapping at people because you do not like what they are saying :+1:.

1 Like

I will truly mourn that loss all day. :joy:

Not accurate at all from what Iā€™ve seen of myself and others.

This is the only lifetime that I will be who and what I am in this time and place. It is incredibly valuable because they are each a unique individual lifetime. THIS lifetime is the most important because it is the only one that we can change.

3 Likes

You have a valid point there. I still think it will affect you, if you believe you will live again, because the belief is about not being completely mortal then. If you think you only live once in any way, you will live differently. But it should not divert your attention away from this life, you are right about that. To get obssessed about past lives, or maybe future lives, is not the way to go.

1 Like

Aaaahhhhhhh but I donā€™t believe that the soul is eternal. Let me elaborate:

Look at the natural world around us. Everything comes into being, it has a certain amount of time that it lives, and then it decomposes. The atoms of that thing are broken apart from each other and mixed up with other atoms from other decomposed things and used to build something new. A rotting tree becomes grass, flowers, etc but the atoms in those flowers and grass are those that were once that tree.

In my view our souls are similar. We come into being. We have a certain amount of lifetimes that we can live, some might last longer than others. Nothing is uniform. And when the soul reaches itā€™s lifespan limit it breaks down into itā€™s core elements and those mix up with the core elements of other souls that have broken down, and it creates new beings that are new identies. Just like everything that happens in the world around us, it is a cycle of birth, life, destruction, new birth, repeat. But the elements that make up ourselves are eternal. Itā€™s the forms they take that arenā€™t.

So everything is both mortal and imortal at the same time in a way.

Granted this isnā€™t the typical view of reincarnation but thatā€™s pretty much the point. We canā€™t say that everyone who believes in reincarnation has the same ideas about it or it has the same effects on the way they live their lives and vice versa.

I mean no disrespect. Iā€™m just enjoying this conversation. :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, I donā€™t think I have ever met someone who believes in reincarnation that didnā€™t fear death just as much as those who donā€™t believe in itā€¦and both groups seem to value having comfortable lives, good food in their bellies, making the world a good place, having beautiful experiences in this lifetime, finding good companions, ECT. So I donā€™t really know if we can say that a belief or disbelief in reincarnation or how one views reincarnation can have a drastic effect on peopleā€™s lives. How they THINK about and FEEL about their lives maybe. But what they do and how they liveā€¦ seems pretty much the same to me. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

i sense no disrespect at all. I find your contribution very interesting, and I have no rigid, carved-in-stone, view on reincarnation. I think some of it explains gifts of some composers for instance, who composes amazing pieces of music at a very early age. Some people believe reincarnation is a process towards being part of the eternal by letting go of your soul. What I meant by ā€œnot being completely mortalā€ is, as you point out too, that you have to change, you have to die, transform, and be part of nature, and I believe nature recycles consciousness, so I think we have a very similar view on it. There is the paradox between the aesthetic and the anti-aesthetic of it all because clearly there is structure in the known universe, but nature is, also, truly wild. And some souls certainly seem wilder than others.

1 Like

Oh absolutely. Everything seems to be one big blob of contradictory dualities holding each other up. You canā€™t truly have one without the other. Without structure there would be no chaos and if there was no chaos there would be no structure. Just like if we didnā€™t have a concept of good we would have no concept of evil. Existence by nature is entirely paradoxical. Otherwise nothing would exist. Even the concept of nothingness requires a somethingness to exist in the first place. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes, life is a mystery. More a mystery to explore than to try to solve, because the ā€œsolutionā€ is a mirage, if you ask me. I often think of life in musical terms, composition and improvisation and the impossibility of separating those two. When you feel stuck you can do either depending on the situation. Sometimes a little structure, a little routine like watching a movie for the third time, is needed, At other times dancing in ecstasy naked on top of a pile of burning memories is more like it. If I truly found out, what ā€œthe meaning of lifeā€ is, why should i bother living anymore? Riddle solved, case closed, coffin put in the ground, finito.

1 Like

Personally I donā€™t think thereā€™s any ultimate reason for our existence or a divine plan for why Iā€™m here but thatā€™s getting into my complicated concept of fate and probably best to save for another conversation. :slightly_smiling_face:

Iā€™ve enjoyed the talk. :black_heart:

1 Like

Yes, for another conversation. I enjoyed it too. :green_heart:

1 Like

I believe in reincarnation. I have had a discussion on this with Archangel Azrael about this, and according to him, souls reach past the sephirah Kether and are then prepared for rebirth. Then when itā€™s time, they are sent back down to live their next life.

2 Likes

Ooooo thatā€™s interesting. Glad you shared.

1 Like

I do not believe that reincarnation is real. When we die we die. Our soul doesnā€™t come back in flesh in this world.

1 Like

Okay. Fair enough. But you seem to not rule out that the soul might come back in flesh in another world, or is that just me reading too much into it?