Reincarnation with no purpose

A baby chipmunk died Today, A mother killed her infant baby with bare hands. Do we animals included reincarnate with no purpose?

1 Like

:sob:

Sadly, yes!

The child served it’s purpose, monsters belong behind bars. Life is sacred.

The chipmunk - it will come back as human to experience life.

I’ve lived over 25 times in-between a flower and an elephant.

Don’t ask.

2 Likes

Who knows, some think coming back is punishment and their end goal is going to the great void. I know that isn’t my personal goal, I like existing.

2 Likes

The animal could reincarnate back here as a human or another animal or elsewhere as another race, it could even be in the otherworld in the process of becoming a guide. Who knows but a psychopomp.

3 Likes

Reincarnation is part of the natural order, much like being born and dying. Some people may be reborn as something else for specific reasons, but not everyone.

2 Likes

According to the doctrine in The Tibetan Book of Dead, reincarnation may simply happen because the soul was not capable of blocking the “door to the womb”.

3 Likes

I’m in agreement with everyone else. I mean I’ve recently been looking into my past lives and two or three were just statistics to war…

:thinking: elaborate

The text says that, after death, one must be able to (so to speak) be disgusted by the womb i.e. by reincarnation, and possibly use a mind attitude/reaction learned by spiritual teachings received during life.
(Before this there are other stages, for example the dead sees strong lights; if these aren’t recognized as him/herself, then what follows are visions of pacific and angered gods etc.)