Rein it in, guys

It’s up to the mods to decide who is a nuisance and needs to be banned. That’s how forums work. If you take it upon yourselves to gang up on people you don’t like, you’re just going to poison the social environment here and make people afraid to express themselves. Remember who owns the forum and is running it for your benefit. The best thing you can do for yourselves and everyone else is ignore people who annoy you and don’t respond to them. That means not baiting people to start a fight with you because they said they were gay and you hate gay people or whatever the hell “problem” you think you have. If you don’t like gay people, don’t talk to gay people. If you don’t want to get trapped in a one-sided screaming match with an awkward kid who can’t take a hint, don’t respond to him in the first place.

Don’t be the asshole guest who starts fights at other people’s parties. When you derail the thread, everybody loses.

If you don’t think a user belongs here, PM Timothy. This isn’t YOUR forum to tell people to fuck off of. Defer judgements like that to the people who are ponying up the money to run the site.

Finally, now that everyone who wanted to has had their chance to post their diatribe about why various demographics are inferior and ought to be exterminated or made to pay reparations or forced to wear funny hats or whatever, you’ve had your say and proven our community tolerance and been politely ignored. I don’t think we owe you people anything else and I’ve personally come to the end of my oceanic reserves of tolerance. If you are menacing or berating individual users for being white or black or gay or whatever, you are not returning the respect that has been extended to you. Just because other posters are respectful enough to refrain from ripping your beliefs to shreds doesn’t mean they aren’t competent to do so or that you’ve somehow intimidated them. Let’s cut the bullshit and stick to business.

[quote=“Sultitan_Itan, post:1, topic:350”]It’s up to the mods to decide who is a nuisance and needs to be banned. That’s how forums work. If you take it upon yourselves to gang up on people you don’t like, you’re just going to poison the social environment here and make people afraid to express themselves. Remember who owns the forum and is running it for your benefit. The best thing you can do for yourselves and everyone else is ignore people who annoy you and don’t respond to them. That means not baiting people to start a fight with you because they said they were gay and you hate gay people or whatever the hell “problem” you think you have. If you don’t like gay people, don’t talk to gay people. If you don’t want to get trapped in a one-sided screaming match with an awkward kid who can’t take a hint, don’t respond to him in the first place.

Don’t be the asshole guest who starts fights at other people’s parties. When you derail the thread, everybody loses.

If you don’t think a user belongs here, PM Timothy. This isn’t YOUR forum to tell people to fuck off of. Defer judgements like that to the people who are ponying up the money to run the site.

Finally, now that everyone who wanted to has had their chance to post their diatribe about why various demographics are inferior and ought to be exterminated or made to pay reparations or forced to wear funny hats or whatever, you’ve had your say and proven our community tolerance and been politely ignored. I don’t think we owe you people anything else and I’ve personally come to the end of my oceanic reserves of tolerance. If you are menacing or berating individual users for being white or black or gay or whatever, you are not returning the respect that has been extended to you. Just because other posters are respectful enough to refrain from ripping your beliefs to shreds doesn’t mean they aren’t competent to do so or that you’ve somehow intimidated them. Let’s cut the bullshit and stick to business.[/quote]

These are the most full-of-wisdom words I’ve ever read!
I was going to say nearly the same as you, but I couldn’t find the words to do it! What Sultitan_Itan said applies to all of us, and not to some people.

This thread should be a mandatory reading for everyone.

Thank you, Sultitan_Itan! :slight_smile:

Yeah I agree with your points. I personally have no problem people who are other races or sexual orientations , I have no problem with gay people as long as they don’t hit on me. I even have a few freinds who are gay (if anyone has a problem with that and tries to send any curses my way, try it and see what happens)

Though that being said I think whoever this guy is who keeps switching user names is a troll. I can tell because he sometimes posts contradictory information. I kind of half expect he’s not even really gay and was just trying to get a rise out of NM. But yeah you are right that this is EA’s and Timothys forum. If someones is being a problem I think it would be best to bring it to their attention.

I don’t have an issue with gay people or any race BUT - Are you a mod? Involved in the running of this site or management? If not, maybe you should take your own advice:

He has private messages blocked or atleast he did.

Yeah, EA needs to have a better way to communicate with him regarding issues on the message board. I also wanted to talk to him about the illuminati sorceror incident but havent been able to. Maybe we should go to his FB page about these issues.

It would be good to have E.A. around here, but probably he is busy with the programs he’s designing. And Timothy seems to be also busy.

The best thing we can do is to simply follow Sultitan’s advice. That’s the smarter way to proceed.

All guests are free to state their opinion, notice I say guest and not moderator lol. The best thing to do is completely ignore them… act as if they never even posted whatever it is that is bothering you. You can always go on their profile and click ignore if you wish.

That’s right. And thank you for the advice on the ignore feature. I didn’t know it existed at all :slight_smile:

Oxymorons are funny.

“You guys are not ignoring people who annoy you and that annoys me so Imma post a thread telling everyone to ignore people who annoy them because you’re annoying me so much that I can’t ignore you! Rein it in!”

Jesus fucking christ.

Hitting “ignore”.

I was asking people to please stop derailing threads. I’m not being annoyed at all. I’m not trying to boss you around. I’m not singling out any specific people. I’m asking everyone to please be more mindful of one another for the good of the community so we can stay substantive and on focus.

And please don’t feed the trolls.

Gotta agree with Sultitan_Itan here. I mean are we really gonna chase off every newcomer that seems to have a stupid question or wants to make an ass of themselves just because they think they’re cute? Pretty soon if that keeps up this forum will have a worse reputation than some of the other forums I’ve seen being made fun of on here. They’ll just be like “don’t go there man there’s a lot of hostility in that place” or they’ll just say that it’s just another site for whackjobs. Ultimately we have to keep in mind that while this is a fun place to hang out and swap ideas between likeminded people that this is also intended to put food on the tables of people we have come to respect and admire and if we run off their potential clients/customers then this place won’t be around very long at all.

Everybody is nuts…

Uncle Fester

Agreed

I’m sticking by what I said in my post on the original thread…

P.S. Uncle Fester… Do the trick with the light bulb…

From what I see elsewhere, it draws mosquitos

I can agree with you on that. But you have the good taste and sense not to adopt an odd tone of false authority and use dictatorial language with your peers, so it’s very easy to agree with you. :slight_smile:

Lol…Uncle Fester…Please…I love the sound of them frying on the light… :wink:

That’s actually the way I write. You can check it against all my other posts. It’s not contrived posturing. I’m confidant with my words and unapologetic in their expression. Try reading the post again without projecting emotion onto it.

I know that’s the way you write. I just don’t like it. It puts me on the immediate offense and I’m no longer willing to read your words without emotion. I didn’t say it was contrived posturing, I said ‘false authority’ because as far as I know you’re not a moderator here who’s in a position to tell anyone to ‘reign it in’. You say you’re not telling anyone what to do, but the very title of your thread is a direct order and I don’t react well to those. Anowhoo, you’re free to write how you wish and I’m free to dislike it.