Regarding worship, arrogance, ego and fame seeking in magick

Consider this: if you were given conscious control of how your own liver works, you’d find it a full time job and probably fuck it up and end up ill or dead.

Same if you had to be a shark for five hours or a bat.

Everything that exists excels at being itself, nothing more, nothing less, so if anything truly below, or above, in the way you mean/

Could Belial really handle having sick parents, 2 special needs kids and a third who’s started taking drugs because of their friends, a boss who only ever criticises, and his car breaking down on the way to work?

Humans handle this shit all the time and manage to remain functional within the remit of what it means to BE human.

12 Likes

LOL, thinking of starting a forum called – ‘’ Becoming a functioning human first ‘’ . BAFHF.

Believe me, many need that kind of guidance also.

4 Likes

Worship is honoring a deity and giving homage to that spirit. Many respect noble ideas or desires and some less noble. Setting your own rules or code isn’t disrepect or arrogance.

It is up to the deity to decide whether to accede or not to various castings. A deity does not expect servitude, blind obediance or observance. Show respect and you will not be enslaved but enlightened and gain the knowledge to over come your adversaries and to success in business and life.

1 Like

The irony here is not lost on me: The OP has arrogance through every tine.

Sure, You can grovel and worship if you like, I’m suspicious of any entity that ask for this - it’s much too human and of-the-Earth. I would automatically treat it as a trickster or lesser entity and dismiss it.

Respect though, it’s a thing. I value it VERY highly, and it is earned… both ways. An entity like this loses the possibility of my respect out of the gate.

There’s a MASSIVE difference between being humble, which I think is a good thing, and abasing yourself, which is giving away your power and absolutely unforgivable.

I walk my talk too - I don’t accept submission or worship for the same reasons I don’t give it, and I will teach those trying to fawn to me to respect themselves first. How CAN I respect them if they don’t respect themselves enough to stand in their power? How could an entity respect me if I don’t do the same? Standing in our power is the entire reason we exist, to be sovereign and free willed. To give that up gives away the reason to exist.

Don’t really see where ‘placating’ comes in either - you can’t be responsible for oter people’s emotions, so if you piss someone off, that’s on them not you. How dare they make you pay for their feels? This is again a low-vibrational pattern and highly suspect. if I did someone bad I’ll apologise as I should. After that, you do a deal or you don’t. There’s no reason to whine and wheedle, they’re not that fussed about what we think.

You could do with learning how to respect and be respected OP, imo.

Yeah, starting with that equally-arrogant patron of yours who’s playing you like a lute.

4 Likes

Well, your patron never demanded anything from me except studying. Yea he can be a pain if you slack on your studies, you’ll end up listening him scolding you a lot, but he never demanded to be worshiped. I’m afraid that’s all you. He merely picked up what you want and he gives you exactly that. It’s common among all entities. Better luck next time? :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

To no-one in particular/everyone in general:

I know there’s some heated language in the OP but just a friendly request to debate the topic, not the person, we’re all trying to figure things out, so please go easy on trying to share what you believe, people tend to close down when attacked which stfiles debate. :+1:

3 Likes

Um…
We all believe certain things. Are we to stifle our thoughts just because there might be a snowflake in the crowd? Or is it just certain trains of belief that must not be spoken of here?

That’s kinda harsh, none of us really fit in anywhere . A forum of black magicans can find better things to do than label someone.

We are all at different places on our journey, a few years ago I felt much like the OP does. It was only through working with Azazel and most of the goetia that I moved past this and into a phase of discovering my God self.

2 Likes

I wasn’t referring to anyone on this thread, but the censorship in general. Sorry you misunderstood. :wink:

Ah I see

1 Like

No, I was referring to language used not sharing of ideas and opinions, the “debate the argument not the person” thing. Nothing to do with snowflakes. :laughing:

2 Likes

21 posts were split to a new topic: Removed posts

Some people just understand respect for higher powers.

Certainly a valid point, though what people report and what they actually do are often two very different things. It’s the same as someone talking big in front of their friends and colleagues to build a reputation and alter the way people see them. In reality who they are, what they believe, and how they conduct themselves in private often contradicts what you see. The internet especially is a grand stage where you can claim to be anything or anyone you’d like.

3 Likes

I feel that people should be free to do whatever they want.

If you want to grovel before a shrine and sing praises and hymns and the deification of whatever being you believe in, feel free.

If you think that you are on the same level as the Demonic Gatekeepers, and you call them across the veil to work with you, so be it.

If you think you are the embodied Creator or creatrix of absolutely all, by all means, give us your wisdom.

But nobody on this forum, this school of thought, this school of magic, this side of this world, this corner of this universe, or this plane of the multiverses has any right to tell anybody else how and what and where they can interact with the being they choose.

2 Likes

Most here have a lot of respect for those Spirits they work with. The difference is just outside observation.
The more you read and talk to others you realize the level of respect people have.

The idea of prostrating oneself is not big here and honestly the Spirits don’t like it either.

If you read what @Anassa wrote,

This is very true
For example Belial would Not be pleased with me graveling, whinning, crying or begging to him. He’d most likely not help me and tell me to get my act together.
So to judge a whole group of people without understanding their personal relationships is harsh and unfair.

There will always be those who have no respect but not the majority.

5 Likes

I don’t prostrate or worship. But I definitely have a very high regard. :blush:

1 Like

Trust me others do too it just may seem odd at times and I personally get that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Deities, spirits, God’s, etc are honored merely by being remembered. If you create something be it writing, a memory, a dream, a fantasy, or something more physical then you do more. It’s not always a huge temple with hundreds and thousands to millions and billions.

Entities can defend themselves quite well. I Recall the people who urinated in a naga sanctuary written in some blog. They got very sick. There are trolls in all manners of life that seek to disrupt and cause chaos. They feed on it. One wonders how much they realize this. Maybe they themselves have some chaos energy or a parasite attached. Dunno.

Free will is what it is and adversarial beings won’t do what others demand or even suggest. In fact they might challenge it to the extreme. When it come to the question of why self has awareness and what’s the point of existing in infinite eternity, different souls will react differently.

So will challenge like a rabid honey badger and others will prostrate like some abused lap dog. And there’s those in between. One should work on self and not worry about others paths unless it crosses their own.

3 Likes

oh there is NOTHING wrong with chaos in my tradition.