Regarding the altar...need some advice

I have a pair of plastic tables from Home Depot. I have been using them as altars with black cloth. I wish to consecrate these tables and cloths. That said, there are other LHP ways that do not require a wooden table or glass, like the Draconian. Can I use these two plastic tables as altars ? Thank you

3 Likes

Yes you can use them as alters as long as they are cleansed and dedicated to whatever said entity you choose. Yes there are some paths that call for very specific items to be made of special materials and in that case it is best to go with what is requested. But in most cases it is the intentions not the material used.

3 Likes

Its just that I read the Black Magick training for beginers and adepts and it said wood and glass. I have been using plastic tables. I was wondering if they are ok for that purpose.

1 Like

The reason materials like wood or stone are preferred for altars in magical traditions is because it is believed they are able to hold energies better than synthetics like plastic.

However, while it might take a bit more energy to charge plastic, you can still charge it, so use whatever you have handy. My current working altar, for example, is what they call a “tv tray.”

6 Likes

You can use anything as altar. In palo mayombe our altar is the bare floor dirt is even better. I just depends on your style and your budget. Just consecrate them and focus on doing magick not in the tools.

3 Likes

Thank you for your replies. I am on a tight budget. Thank you again. Take care

I was thinking about bare floor idea, and think I should consecrate my entire bedroom floor as my circle and altar.
Right now my working altar us the end of a dresser, but soon will be a checkers board, wooden silverware box or metal box, do as to attract and work with energies.
Once I consecrate me bedroom floor as my circle and altar, I will still use another circle cloth and a triangle for evocation.

Hello Torillo1290,

You don’t need much. What I use a slate plate and calk. Slate was used for blackboards in the past. So, blackboards can be used too or whiteboards for that matter. I will recommend slate although for its quartz content. This will allow you to put any sigil you want on the board. If you want to write a sigil in blood, you can make your own calk and infuse it with blood.

Zen