Regarding Foraging/Harvest to-do lists

hey all! I’m about to start undertaking my first annual “harvest list”. I am in a large town in the northeastern usa, so I’ll be foraging in large oldish growth forests, smaller suburban forests, and urban areas. I’m very excited to collect information on the different localities as well as plants themselves :black_heart:

anywaaayyysss
I’ve never been on a forum like this and I am kind of daunted by this task. there are so many things I want! I have identification books, but I know there are special “good times” for harvesting regarding growth, moon cycles, superstition, etc

any help with references I can use? have any of you done this? I’m sure you have. any words of advice?

so so so much love, and thank you all for being here :black_heart:

Only harvest a plant if you are 150% sure it’s the right one. There are so many plants that almost look the same and some of them are deadly.

Angelica archangelica, healing plant:
AdobeStock_242515887-1_600x600
Angelica sylvestris, no healing traits:
angelica-sylvestris-848771_640

Conium maculatum, very deadly:
unnamed

4 Likes

oh yes absolutely! my books are national audobon society, and I am not really aiming to use anything for consumption purposes, but i’m absolutelydefinitely gonna be very careful thank you so much

1 Like

It would be good to practice clairsentience and learn to feel the plants energy.

Honestly its not my place of expertise or practice so I cant suggest anything specific off-hand, but Taoism and Native American spirituality/Shaman people have worked with plants for ages so there should be more than enough documented stuff out there. Celts and pagans too. If nothing else that gives you some direction to start.

1 Like

yeee good places to start thank you

1 Like