Re: Occult blog

[quote=“Deathcore, post:830, topic:3232”]Hello to all,

I’m a Magician in the Western Ceremonial tradition and discuss my workings in my blog here, feel more than free to ask any questions:

https://morinoravenberg.wordpress.com/[/quote]

Kinda funny lad that you’d just leave a link to your blog here and not even post an introduction first. At least I waited a year. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m also pretty certain it’s against forum rules to not have it on your profile instead.

Your blog is ok, color scheme is a bit boring and from what I can see your content is uniform with western magic, but ceremonial magic and evocation are hardly the interesting parts of magic.

Your problem here is that it’s all very… ordinary sorcery. Your work is not unique based on what I’ve read and anyone with a Google can find similar, different, or better-recorded accounts.

Mix it up a bit! Try something new!

Drop the book and grab a hook.

You’ve clearly had some magical practice before, but hey, odds are you just posted this here to get views and will never return.

I actually made a blog on WordPress this morning. Before I logged on

I will be honest and say that I am surprised you responded. Usually people that do such things do it as a “hit and run” and never return.

Unique? What have you done that is so special?

Me? Nothing. I’m saying that the field you have elected to write about is very one-dimensional.

If you want to attract more readers, show them something that they have not seen and did not expect.

For instance, ceremonial magic can sometimes tie to shamanistic methods. So if you project out to, say, the Arctic, and find a spirit or a group of spirits that are willing to be known, and describe them- now that is a read that you can’t find anywhere else. Comparatively, if you project out to say the underground of Central America, and learn how to work the spells of the creatures there- that is also worthwhile.

Do you see?

It’s not about me, it’s about introducing novelty.

Please enlighten me and better records, I want to see those too if you are able to show me.

Ok, here’s an example of a type of record you can keep for an evocation if you want to get very detailed. I put this the way it is because this makes the most sense to me, but the general idea should translate.

So-

Spirit(s) Name:

Date:

Astrological Conditions:

Weather:

Time:

Temperature:

Previous Intake (for the day, say you had a glass of water or were tripping):

Participants (Human):

Tools:

Base:

Procedure (pre-summoning):

Results (including manifestations, what the spirit says, and actual results of the evocation):

I personally don’t include that much detail, but the way your blog had it made the information seem somewhat disorganized. Granted, that could be the way you want it or the way you write, but categories like what I posted above are often good indicators to readers that have lost their place in the report.

You must be the living God embodied.

Not yet.

Did ot

Hey, and welcome to the forum. I’m no moderator, but it’s mandatory to make your very first post HERE, and then you can start your own threads and write posts on topics of interest. And your own blog should stay within your profile info.

Now, when that is mentioned, I can say it’s a well written blog. I’m a blogger myself, and if your blog is about magic with an “educational purpose” to it, you have to catch the interest of beginners and advanced practitioners to widen your reading audience. Keep it up. :slight_smile:

I will be honest and say that I am surprised you responded. Usually people that do such things do it as a “hit and run” and never return.

Unique? What have you done that is so special?

Me? Nothing. I’m saying that the field you have elected to write about is very one-dimensional.

If you want to attract more readers, show them something that they have not seen and did not expect.

For instance, ceremonial magic can sometimes tie to shamanistic methods. So if you project out to, say, the Arctic, and find a spirit or a group of spirits that are willing to be known, and describe them- now that is a read that you can’t find anywhere else. Comparatively, if you project out to say the underground of Central America, and learn how to work the spells of the creatures there- that is also worthwhile.

Do you see?

It’s not about me, it’s about introducing novelty.

Please enlighten me and better records, I want to see those too if you are able to show me.

Ok, here’s an example of a type of record you can keep for an evocation if you want to get very detailed. I put this the way it is because this makes the most sense to me, but the general idea should translate.

So-

Spirit(s) Name:

Date:

Astrological Conditions:

Weather:

Time:

Temperature:

Previous Intake (for the day, say you had a glass of water or were tripping):

Participants (Human):

Tools:

Base:

Procedure (pre-summoning):

Results (including manifestations, what the spirit says, and actual results of the evocation):

I personally don’t include that much detail, but the way your blog had it made the information seem somewhat disorganized. Granted, that could be the way you want it or the way you write, but categories like what I posted above are often good indicators to readers that have lost their place in the report.

You must be the living God embodied.

Not yet.[/quote]
Thanks Velotak, I needed this information :slight_smile: