Re: Law of Attraction vs Black Magick

Your name reminds me of Jack Canfield, who wrote Principles of success, chicken soup for the soul, The key, among many other and he`s very important to read for understanding the law of attraction.

Personally i do not discriminate between LOA and Magick, i do not see them as different workings. LOA is Magick and Magick is LOA. However LOA is admittedly closer to application with Chaos magick than ceremonial black magick.

[quote=“jackson_caulfield, post:1, topic:7836”]How easily can the proper ritual, transform a magicians circumstances, INSPITE of existing beliefs, and remaining thought patterns?

Can an authentic evocation, (theta-gamma sync, proper sigil, emotional conviction, focused - intuitive flow etc) bring about changes in the Magician’s life, that his conscious self still feels certain of?[/quote]

A proper ritual will alter the conscious bringing it in line with the desired outcome.
However, doubt or disbelief will undermine both the working and the result. Doesnt stop it from working, but it`d most probably be coincidental or a hit-or-miss situation.

What has worked for me, is to stay in the topic 24/7 without dwelling in it. Its like a controlled obsession if you like. I forget the workings but i dont forget the end goal that i`m trying to achieve.

I dont leave any space. Its a constant work for me until the goal is achieved. I do workings every single day. It could not be a full ritual and just a deep meditation with intention plugged in, but nevertheless im on about it every day. It helps me forget previous workings and not dwell in the result. The downside to this is that i usually cant pinpoint which working(s) brought the result.

[quote=“jackson_caulfield, post:1, topic:7836”]I’m guessing belief becomes less of a problem when evocation becomes undeniably physical in the perception and communication with spirits…

But prior to that stage, what’s your advice for (internally heavy) ritual and evocation?[/quote]

As Napoleon Hill said, Desire and absolute faith! I would also say, fake it till you make it.

Until you reach the point where you have conditioned yourself enough to experience manifestation through all senses, consider magick real and all your workings successful.

Hi, I popped this in here as its own topic, just to keep the Q&A tidy. :slight_smile:

Agreed - and, I’ve believed for a long time (since I started to study the definitons for it) that the LoA is a VERY extreme Left-Hand Path philosophy, by Stephen Flowers’ definition of making one’s internal subjective reality manifest manifest as the external objective reality, through an act of will.

Wattles, from The Science Of Getting Rich:

"There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

A thought, in this substance, produces the thing that is imaged by the thought.

Man can form things in his thought, and, by impressing his thought upon formless substance, can cause the thing he thinks about to be created."

No morality, good karma, nor consent from a “God the Father” figure required - more:

"Every man has the natural and inherent power to think what he wants to think, but it requires far more effort to do so than it does to think the thoughts which are suggested by appearances. To think according to appearance is easy; to think truth regardless of appearances is laborious, and requires the expenditure of more power than any other work man is called upon to perform.

There is no labor from which most people shrink as they do from that of sustained and consecutive thought; it is the hardest work in the world. This is especially true when truth is contrary to appearances. Every appearance in the visible world tends to produce a corresponding form in the mind which observes it; and this can only be prevented by holding the thought of the TRUTH.

To look upon the appearance of disease will produce the form of disease in your own mind, and ultimately in your body, unless you hold the thought of the truth, which is that there is no disease; it is only an appearance, and the reality is health.

To look upon the appearances of poverty will produce corresponding forms in your own mind, unless you hold to the truth that there is no poverty; there is only abundance.

To think health when surrounded by the appearances of disease, or to think riches when in the midst of appearances of poverty, requires power; but he who acquires this power becomes a MASTER MIND. He can conquer fate; he can have what he wants.

This power can only be acquired by getting hold of the basic fact which is behind all appearances; and that fact is that there is one Thinking Substance, from which and by which all things are made."

Source: http://www.psitek.net/pages/PsiTekSOGR5.html

This line is especially relevant to those of us in the gap between doing the work, and awaiting the manifestation - “to think truth regardless of appearances is laborious” - current appearances, anyway.

The dead world that exists just to decay, the living world being birthed within… sometimes that gap’s enough to drive a person crazy! But it’s useful to know that people were exploring this idea over a century ago. We’re part of something, a continuum of people striving to no longer be limited by the employer’s miserly wages, ill-health, or any of the other mundane crud that we see crapped out and crusting over around us.

Hail to the Future! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The gap is trial by fire. It filters those who understand from those who don’t. It’s the intermediate between two paradigms, as you said the old giving way for the new.
Most people think they understand the law of attraction but they really don’t. Not until they experience the gap anyways. And even then, through that experience they will most probably go back to the old by dismissing/denying the understanding.
There’s a good reason why Napoleon Hill doesn’t openly give away the secret, the missing ingredient, in his Grow and think rich. If he did it would become obsolete. Instead he hides it in plain sight, because the discovery is what makes it potent at 100% success rate.

Apart from that there’s no single gap. There are several along the way, relevant to the evolution of our goals. They change in form and duration. They flip you over like a burger and test your whole being.
The two most difficult parts within a gap, are: 1. perseverance while faith and desire are tested. 2.Letting go of the old.
The first part is self explanatory and easy enough to manipulate (through auto-suggestion).
The second part is where people usually don’t understand and mess up. Letting go doesn’t mean to desire riches and forgetting you’re poor (that is a different part of LoA), letting go means willingness to have everything taken from you, to disconnect completely from material and immaterial things that exist in your life. Cars, houses, bank accounts, relationships, freedom, literally anything. The old is false, understand this and destroy it if that what has to come down to.

One time Donald Trump upon seeing a homeless person lying down on the street, he turned to his wife and said “You know what’s the difference between me and him? He’s one billion dollars richer than I am!” That was during the 90s real estate collapse in the US, where he went bankrupt, and he had to negotiate and settle with a debt of one billion dollars.
In his biography he said that I didn’t matter to him if it was one dollar or one billion. And for that he was willing to lose it all.