Ramblings from the depths

Making this journal to try and keep things somewhat straight for myself. One hurdle in exploring multiple avenues of power is that power seeks to express itself. Differentiating between which is which can be…complicated when a wave of information crashed upon you.
That said.

Things brought into focus and thoughts after invoking balam.

A world is supported by four things … the learning of the wise, the justice of the great, the prayers of the righteous and the valor of the brave. But all of these are as nothing … without a ruler who knows the art of ruling. Make that the science of your tradition!
a recollection of Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam by Paul Atreides

Thoughts on the matter.

• What is not mentioned about the art of ruling is one must first know how to rule ones self.

• To be wise one must know how to learn and realize one can learn.

• To know bravery one must know fear and realize it is the gate one passes through to grow into power and valor.

• To be righteous one must know HOW to pray. It is often referred to as ones “temple” for a reason.

• And to be “Just” one must know the way of things. Be it the political, social, economical climates or ones own mental and emotional climates.

"The mind can go either direction under stress — toward positive or toward negative: on or off. Think of it as a spectrum whose extremes are unconsciousness at the negative end and hyperconsciousness at the positive end. The way the mind will lean under stress is strongly influenced by training."
Bene Gesserit axiom

With training ones mind opens to its experience and embraces the whole of reality under stress instead of trying to flee from it, burying it in the unconscious to bubble up later. Be this the stress of life or the stress of ritual operations.

Prophecy and prescience — How can they be put to the test in the face of the unanswered questions? Consider: How much is actual prediction of the “wave form” (as Muad’Dib referred to his vision-image) and how much is the prophet shaping the future to fit the prophecy? What of the harmonics inherent in the act of prophecy? Does the prophet see the future or does he see a line of weakness, a fault or cleavage that he may shatter with words or decisions as a diamond-cutter shatters his gem with a blow of a knife?
Private Reflections on Muad’Dib by the Princess Irulan

With this in mind the tool of divination becomes the tool of change. As practitioners we use various method to collect data on possiblity and probable outcome. Yet some fail to take advantage of this info once collected. Other take the information divined and use it as an integer in the formulae of ritual to narrow probability and possible manifest reality to meet their vison.

"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
from The Sayings of Muad’Dib by the Princess Irulan

Most past the need for logic and embrace experience when seeking understanding of this or any universe. Ground this experience in the flesh and in your world but do hope to ground it in logic. Hope in this regard clouds observation.

10 Likes

download%20(45)

Bubblings from many angles. Multiple currents crashing together in one concept. The 3 lobed eye.

Passage for meditation on awareness. “Nexus cave”

“There was the sharpened clarity, the inflow of data, the cold precision of his awareness. He sank to the floor, sitting with his back against rock, giving himself up to it. Awareness flowed into that timeless stratum where he could view time, sensing the available paths, the winds of the future . . . the winds of the past: the one-eyed vision of the past, the one-eyed vision of the present and the one-eyed vision of the future–all combined in a trinocular vision that permitted him to see time-become-space. There was danger, he felt, of overrunning himself, and he had to hold onto his awareness of the present, sensing the blurred deflection of experience, the flowing moment, the continual solidification of that-which-is into the perpetual-was. In grasping the present, he felt for the first time the massive steadiness of time’s movement everywhere complicated by shifting currents, waves, surges, and countersurges, like surf against rocky cliffs. It gave him a new understanding of his prescience, and he saw the source of blind time, the source of error in it, with an immediate sensation of fear. The prescience, he realized, was an illumination that incorporated the limits of what it revealed–at once a source of accuracy and meaningful error. A kind of Heisenberg indeterminacy intervened: the expenditure of energy that revealed what he saw, changed what he saw. And what he saw was a time nexus within this cave, a boiling of possibilities focused here, wherein the most minute action–the wink of an eye, a careless word, a misplaced grain of sand–moved a gigantic lever across the known universe.”

1 Like

Finished Preforming a gate ceremony with all 9 demonic kings. Head is still a tad dazed and body slightly chilled. Preformed invocations of all nine followed by evocations going around the circle. During most of there was a sense of pressure around me as their sigils flashed. Occasionally i saw a hand on my shoulder announcing their presence.

After the last king was summoned i opened the Ancestral gate through portals of blood, smoke,water, fire and stone. I called to the kin of my blood, those that were slain by the ignorant and those kin of magic. As i opened this gate the room grew colder as i could feel waves of energy coming from the circle. I closed my eyes as i continued the call and within my minds eye i saw rings upon rings people of many cultures some in simple clothing of their age some in cermonial garbs.

I welcomed them and asked the 9 kings to help guide any here to where they needed to go to help guide other so those of this age need not endure the sufferings they have. At this a waves of emotions hit me as i saw many of them depart. Most of the spirits left but some remained.

Most that remained seemed dressed in cermonial garbs of different cultures of priests, priestess,shamans wise men and women. Emotions of pride and gratitude rolled through me as many of them placed their hands on my shoulders, these emotions seemed to go through me rather then come from me.

The conversations that happened with them was one of offering and accepting of teachings.
I sat and mediated in their presence for a time untill the hand of an armored figure i knew to belong to Asmoday rested itself on my shoulder. I was told it was time to close the rite and to remember to continue to honor those before me.

2 Likes

And ancient figure in robes with short salt and pepper hair and a hawkish nose. A deceptively small and wirey frame. A cane and shuffling gate. Yet power pulsing off the form more than enough turn tides in many ways.
Scaled skin covers the revealed skin, talons of the hawk in place of fingers and taloned toes tapping with each step.
eyes the sparrowhawk calm calculating
A wry grin flash of teeth, fangs of the crocodile fill the mouth. A husky voice older than the grave echos from the mouth in arrival full of ritual formulae.

After ritual contemplations of Agares

Pondering the nature and mechanics of various types of rituals and this is some of what is bubbling up.

When affecting change chaos/movement is introduced in order to stimulate change on a potentially static aspect of life.

These various areas in life having a sympathetic counterpart in most systems that are wprked with to stimulate the area in one way or another.

For example the current of ones financial life can be effected by the planets in various ways.

New flows and rivers added by venus
Existing flows expanded jupiter
Obstacles to the flow being removed or restricting the flow with saturn
Destroying a flow with mars
Confusing or hidding the flow with the moon.
Transforming it with pluto.

Another is with the elements
With single elements some examples are
The earth to grow to seeds of finance or to bury existing ones slow but with potentially more permanence.
Water to feed an existing flow or wash it away.
Fire to cause explosive growth or torch the financial woods.
Air to carry the pollen of new opportunity or raze the soil it’s planted in.

Then you have the mixing of energies. I find examining nature to get good results. One of the most potent ive used was earth/fire/air/jupiter applied to my financial life.

One manifestation of earth and fire being magma, the introduction and expansion of air resulting in volcaning eruption. While highly destructive and chaotic it also produces some of the most fertile soils on the planet. As such i used to to expand my financial foundation a few years ago.

Another example use would be with bindings.
A common one being binding someone’s actions/speech or movement.
A freezer spell seems like a good example of this as it freezes and binds the person out of ones life.

But this form can also be used for potential benifit for example binding a business in prosperity and success. With this type binding the business itself may be of more benifit as binding a person in prosperity and success could result in personality shifts in of workaholic nature.

Where as polarizing a person to prosperity and success draw it to them instead of them chasing it. Binding a business could have effects from both as those involved my become more driven to succeed while involed with the business. :thinking: as such precision on the exact nature of the intent would be a good idea.

Then you have rituals ment to polarize rather than bind such as love spells to draw love to self and thus polarize one’s self more to the love side of love/hate.
Casting a love spell on an enemy, an example that got brought up on a recent fromtheashes podcast is a creative use for this method.

:thinking: i may expand on this rant as more musings arise.

1 Like

Nice to see there’s a fellow Dune fan on here​:+1::blush:

Exploring or rather being drawn to explore energetic and cultural links. Random dot that has cropped up so far is surtr being involved in the processes of purification and how this is manifesting in my life. :thinking:

images%20(1)

May end up doing a ritual with um :thinking: we’ll see what else comes up :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Random ideas bubbling together.

Personalised Rune talisman.
Open circle
Rune carved into wood, steel or stone.
Talisman aligned to planetary direction.
Talisman consecrated with element aligned to chart.
Hold talisman in projecting hand and chant galdr for rune 108 times breathing energies into aura at end of chant.
Breath the energies of the rune into the talisman.
Ground the energies into navel.
Close circle.
Repeat for 40 days. For rune wheel talisman repeat with each rune 1 per 40 day period.

Use at own risk.
I guarantee nothing except transformation if used as this is untested but the stuff dropped on my skull results in at least this and it isn’t always plesant. :alien: