Raising our children with magick

I have a 17 mth old baby (little human I would rather call him) and one on the way, neither of them will be going to school and will be taught the trivium method (basically free thinking) I am fairly new to magick but am already devising my own system, it seems so natural to me (acknowledgements to EA and Bruce Roberts). My children have to know their capabilities, is anyone else in the same situation, if it’s possible can we sort out a community for parents of new children of magick?

1 Like

I think it’s funny new magician are always jumping on “I can teach this!”. Not really. Wait for a few years, decades even. You’ll look back and think how silly your ideas were.

We home schooled all 5 of our kids. it was the best there could be in many ways. Only after they left home did i find some gaps which really bothered me. But they were mostly in one area. i found a copy of Rich Dad Poor Dad- ( I was king of one and nothin of the other!)- i really could care less what a kid learns in school oor anywhere- but in my new world, letting a kid leave home without a serious proficiency in the Rich Dad Poor Dad curriculum, is the cruelest of mistakes in our world. Raised to be a slave- or raised to …well… own the slaves (with enough Left leaning mindset to help them free themsleves ).
2 of my five got pt jobs; paid for the entire High School course, and finished them in 9 months- with solid A’s. at 15, one was in college @ 16 (then found ‘love’ and derailed the hell outta that!) but the other is the glowing pride of the clan- luckily he is money wise; mostly due to my money dumb and hatred of poverty; staying in the army with 9 years left to retire.
none a this has magickal meaning; but if you don’t learn money magick in your youth- you likely will learn it too late. at least in my experiance.

1 Like

You are totally right in not sending them to school to make them even with the others. Keep this up, dont let socially integrated let you downtalk.
They simply havent seen through what school really is. To really make them slaves. 99% Of people take nothing out of school but a big bad brainwash and a little writing and a little mathematics. Maybe a little second language. And a whole lot of bullshit from other kids/teachers trying to raise their little egos on the cost of your kids. It is poison for kids literally. They learn what to think rather than how to think.

Albert Einstein: education is not the learning of facts but the training of the mind to think.
The only thing that keeps me from learning is my education.

Fuck school seriously. If the supposed to be smartest man who ever lived say something like that, why in gods name is school still like that?! One answer: brainwash. Providing doubt. Make your kids watch over to the others and think 'oh look, he is better than me, before i deserve a better job he does. So i keep standing towards the god damn machine that sucks out my energy.

It is so much more bad than good for a child. If one has the chance - dont put the kid in the school. Maybe get a private teacher for teaching the basics, the rest the kid will learn on its own. Raise them with magic, dont ever provide them with any kind of doubt and everthing the kid wants will happen.

Take thoughts of others and you automatically install dogmas. They will change your very own few on things.

Anyway i could go on like that for hours but i think you got my point of view :smiley:

I think kids learn from what they see their parents do, not what they’re told in words (or not as much) so let them see you practicing and learning, when they’re older share details if they ask about it, but don’t try to push it on them or they’ll end up pushing back.

Also, make sure they have access to lots of books about magick, even stuff like Harry Potter because although that has some dubious messages, it makes magick look like something it’s okay to do, and if you really want to get them into it, try telling them some books are “too grownup for them” or something, that’s a surefire way to get most kids to read something!

But yeah I do understand your question and it’s something that interests me as we’re hoping to start a family very soon, and with respect I don’t think you need to be a super-magus yourself to stir that same interest in your kids later down the line.

You don’t need to teach them actual magickal skills at a young age, just show them by example that magick can be part of life, that it’s okay to be a lifelong student, and that these worlds and abilities are humanity’s natural brithright and not something to fear or feel like they’re only for an elite. JMO. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[quote=“Epsilon, post:4, topic:5464”]You are totally right in not sending them to school to make them even with the others. Keep this up, dont let socially integrated let you downtalk.
They simply havent seen through what school really is. To really make them slaves. 99% Of people take nothing out of school but a big bad brainwash and a little writing and a little mathematics. Maybe a little second language. And a whole lot of bullshit from other kids/teachers trying to raise their little egos on the cost of your kids. It is poison for kids literally. They learn what to think rather than how to think.

Albert Einstein: education is not the learning of facts but the training of the mind to think.
The only thing that keeps me from learning is my education.

Fuck school seriously. If the supposed to be smartest man who ever lived say something like that, why in gods name is school still like that?! One answer: brainwash. Providing doubt. Make your kids watch over to the others and think 'oh look, he is better than me, before i deserve a better job he does. So i keep standing towards the god damn machine that sucks out my energy.

It is so much more bad than good for a child. If one has the chance - dont put the kid in the school. Maybe get a private teacher for teaching the basics, the rest the kid will learn on its own. Raise them with magic, dont ever provide them with any kind of doubt and everthing the kid wants will happen.

Take thoughts of others and you automatically install dogmas. They will change your very own few on things.

Anyway i could go on like that for hours but i think you got my point of view :D[/quote]

I know this is an odd notion,as everyone is entitled to their own opinion.So let me start by saying,I support home-schooling in every way,because tailoring one’s own educational system is like tailoring one’s own magical system.I mean,in real life,I’ve learned a lot of cool stuff,and many of it was outside of schools…

However,I will tell you that I’ve appreciated my education to no end,and that while I know the majority did not remember everything they learned,I will say that a lot of things were in there.

So,I did not come out of even grade school knowing only a little bit of maths,a lot of writing,and some foreign language stuff.

I came out knowing world history,national history,English in it’s fullness,Bosnian in it’s fullness,as well as the literature of both and grammar,a tad of German,French to it’s fullest(although,I did change from a French school to a public one),Zoology,Botany,Ecology,Human Anatomy and Physiology,Dynamics,Vectors,Kinematics,Thermodynamics,Electrostatics,Electrodynamics,Magnetism,Acoustics,Nuclear Physics,Stoichiometry,and a hell of a lot more.

Admittedly,there is content here that was shoved down my throat,with facts,facts,facts,(hmm…kinda makes me think of Hard Times by Dickinson),but I will tell you that my skills in mathematics had majorly improved when I could learn to think like a mathematician,through repeated mathematics.I used to excel in biology(a bit of an understatement,I had a strong obsession with phylogeny and taxonomy),not because I memorized facts,but because I had learned how to visualize,identify,etc.

So,I don’t know if I just had a knack for picking up things,but I know that the knowledge I was presented with,had blessed me to no end,and that I came out of my education with a lot more than ‘‘the basics’’.Sure,Administration,Law,Economy,Business,or whatever it is people with real jobs do is something I have NO experience with(besides knowing laws,and those basic things :P),and something that disinterests me so much I am genuinely disgusted at the thought of working in it.

Which is why,I duly emphasize,that raising a child with the want to know,and offering to teach them anything and everything from as many professionals as possible(after all,I mentioned Biology,but I’ve had 8 different professors in my lifetime,each specializing in a different area),and learn what they love,and love what they learn.

On the topic of magic among kids…

I agree with Lady Eva(sorry Euio),in the sense that one’s experience-level does not matter when trying to show someone magic.Indeed,because by the time that baby is old enough to understand how to use a look gaze into a scrying mirror,the mother may be completely fluent in it.And that anyone who loves magick,can show that fascination to the child.

As has been stated many times,by many cultures and many people,children are born wizards!So,IMO,the best thing the challenge with raising children with magic wouldn’t be to show them how to make their powers progress,but show them how to not let them atrophy.

Yes,society is gonna instill in them a belief that magic doesn’t exist,and that skepticism is the way to go,as well as that anything awesome about the universe is a lie.Alternatively,it may instill in them that magic is evil,a sin,an atrocity beyond atrocities!

I think these are both things to fight about,and this is also where homeschooling seems such a good idea,if one can manage to make a great education out of it.

I think one should simply tell the child in question that adhering to what others believe isn’t something they should do unless they believe in that,and just convince them to find it out for themselves:get them to perform spells of good intent,and when the results come,the odds of doubt are certainly lesser.

Another big thing is imagination.After all,imagination is what makes our world,and our spells.It is the basis of the Operation.And in many children(if not most) it is assimilated into the reality.Fantasies are vivid,and dreams are possible,so I genuinely believe that this is where adults will struggle and children have it easy.

Ergo,there are a lot of benefits to being a child magician,and that all that happens with their magical abilities is that they weaken.It’s your job to make sure it weakens as less as possible.

I believe that if you wish to go down a path of homeschooling,perhaps try to work through a system that nurtures imagination at an early age,and then decides to teach more serious stuff at ages 8 or so or up,like the Waldorf system.

Whatever you want to take out of this is entirely up to you,but the bottomline is:children are awesome with magic,and they grow less awesome when in contact with society,so one should make sure the contact with society that they get is not something that will motivate them into abandoning their own beliefs and becoming less awesome,but rather,to show them how to prove to themselves the reality of what they’re doing.

Again,do not discriminate,or condescend your kids,and improve their lives as much as you can!

Blessingd and giggles on you!

I am not anti schooling- or anti public schooling. but sadly adults see ‘school ’ as something to baby sit their kids while they struggle for a so called income in the cotton fields of our continuously less productive economies.
What is needed is not only the regimen and as much of the topics and experience as possible, but also to teach the will to search think and find for oneself instead of being spoonfed.
i remember when i was so dis’ed by everyone teacher and family alike when i ended my junior year of high school with a 0.1 cumulative gpa. noone could believe any kid could be that stupid and not be in an ‘institution’ ( as if school was not an institution!) and all guaranteed everything from me dying on skidrow, to being the first person the teacher ever taught in the driving class to be killed in an auto wreck; (because I traded my 10 speed for private lessons and got my license while I was suspended from school[sadly my friend and neighbor grabbed that trophy- so much for his A in the class!]) 11 months after dropping out, I took the 6hr GED while in the army (against the procters demands of classes first-) and took it in 2 hours, landed a B+. It is not the schooling, but the person wanting to learn. in school if asked to write a 500 word paper, I brought in 50 pages- how the hell can you possibly have a decent transmission of data with 500 words? no extra credit- just a big fat F. So I was punished and being told i was dumb for not living in the run(enter judas Priests Run of the mill)
EA’s last youtube vid perfectly explains real education- in my life i have had the pleasure to "work with’ High school grads- and college grads, and could never see how not strangling them would not promote higher intellect in the area. Most, honest to hell could not read! I am talking at a 3rd grade level- I had to take orders from College grad officers, who I had to read to and explain shit.
make a kids hungry and straving for “Input”, like the little robot on “Short Circuit”, they will always out work and produce the 'Dr.s who created them.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0TaYhjpOfo inlike these products of rutrunner ‘magick’.

[quote=“Frater Dark Matter, post:3, topic:5464”]We home schooled all 5 of our kids. it was the best there could be in many ways. Only after they left home did i find some gaps which really bothered me. But they were mostly in one area. i found a copy of Rich Dad Poor Dad- ( I was king of one and nothin of the other!)- i really could care less what a kid learns in school oor anywhere- but in my new world, letting a kid leave home without a serious proficiency in the Rich Dad Poor Dad curriculum, is the cruelest of mistakes in our world. Raised to be a slave- or raised to …well… own the slaves (with enough Left leaning mindset to help them free themsleves ).
2 of my five got pt jobs; paid for the entire High School course, and finished them in 9 months- with solid A’s. at 15, one was in college @ 16 (then found ‘love’ and derailed the hell outta that!) but the other is the glowing pride of the clan- luckily he is money wise; mostly due to my money dumb and hatred of poverty; staying in the army with 9 years left to retire.
none a this has magickal meaning; but if you don’t learn money magick in your youth- you likely will learn it too late. at least in my experiance.

The worst thing in school teaching is they learn how to believe in things without questioning it (they have to to get good grades. nobody questions anything, also the teacher who teach their stuff have been told what they should teach and never questionen it. The teeth doctor is only telling his patient what he thought to be right. But is it right to provide amalganfillings or telling that fluoride is good for the teeth and etc? How can you believe history for example is right? It give you an entirely wrong view on the real history… and people then think they know it all. They get taught the illusion of confidence that what they think is real. And what every other think must ergo be wrong. The matrix is being installed that way. It was the reason i was in a mental/mind prison for most of my life. I didnt even know i can change my feelings with my thoughts in every moment. i let my feelings and my thoughts drive my entire life just like every usual human does. Like you are in a trance and let work and media drive your life.

A very few things in school are good but the most of it is plain wrong and dangerous to even teach. They get a wrong view (or view of another person [if it is even a view or just to emprison your mind] on every thing in the universe.

School overall was the very top reason (plus teachings from my parents who also believed the crap they have been told in school and media) that i was mindprisoned. And the more you have been taught the more wrong confidence you get and the more brainwashed you are. To be able to work so the matrix can be held together.

You learn to believe what the authority says. Blindly. Because you have no time to question everything and you want good grades. Why? Love is the reason. You want to be loved by your parents who say ‘ohh nice job, good grades’ rather than ‘oh fuck, what did i do to deserve this, others can do good grades too, why cant you’. It is all fuckin pervert in my opinion. The kid is getting strangled so it will be happy with a bunch of crap when hes grown. That he let his life be driven by society and what the thinking factorys want. Totally disconnected from nature. Not believing in his imagination and let it die literally. Never using it at all but in dreams they forget even before they woke up.

I only learned a few words in english in my 5th class. The rest ive learned online while talking to peope in a game. Everything i know about quantumphysics, physics, buddhism, human anatomy, how to eat to being healthy, how to be happy, how to live a good life, i have from the internet and myself.

The kid when born knows literally everything. And with the time when it raises the brain sets filter to blinding out a lot of the knowledge so the kid is able to focus only on the reality around it. And before its able to draw own conclusions it gets bombarded with information/thoughts of other people instead on letting it have their own views. Almost every view it has a own view it will be dismissed and taught different because the parents have been thought this different. But if you trace back the information, where does it come from?! A lot of the information you cant trace back to the human who said it and why he said it. Maybe just to manipulate.

Most kids dont want to go in the school because they are forced to do so. By that their will is getting broken. They have to do things they dont want and from my point of view dont need. They have every information inside them and could access it at any time. He just has to focus on it.

Albert Einstein: ‘im not smarter than anyone else, i just stay with problems longer’.

The filters set by our brain are only giving you what you believe in and want to access. Its the same filter that blocks out the clock ticking. You can only hear it again if you focus on it. Its to keep the brain from overloading.

And our focus when looking at things you get taught is put to the wrong direction (or to the direction of somebody else) So literally the more you ‘learn’ is the more illusion or the more is taken away the ability for you to get your very own picture about the thing and by that really can say you know the things instead of just guessing that what you have been told is true.

And big societys and politicans know about all this but still keep teaching the old bullcrap. So think about it, do you really want to take information from people who know better and teach you crap to hold you down? I dont. And i wouldnt want this for my kids.

They keep away every finding in quantumphysics. Nothing of it gets to the public. Maybe mentioned in a seemingly total uninteresting article in the newspaper. And then real uninteresting stuff is getting repeatet over and over in the newspaper to make it look interesting.

The newspaper is so dirty, they use crossword puzzles with things the readers have read a few days before in the same newspaper. To again fool them with a wrong confidence and sense that they know something/everything.

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/newspapers

You know nothing that you have not experienced yourself and have your own view on. You can only guess that what you have been told is right/true.

There is a cool thinking game for this:

Albert Einstein (Autority and supposed to be smartest man in the world, who can you believe if not him?) sits infront of a cup of tea. He says: ‘this cup of tea is hot’. Do you now know the tea is hot? You dont. Only if you go there and try it yourself. Until you do that you can only guess that what you have been told is right.

Thats sheds new light to me on the meaning of ‘knowing is power’.

So if you cant just blindly believe what einstein says, who else can you believe then?! There is only one answer: You.

That is what buddha means when he said something similar to:

‘Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.’

Or:

‘I cannot teach you anything, i can tell you my way but teaching you can only to yourself’

Another deep thing is: Your 5 (6) senses decide what you think, what you think decides what you feel and what you feel decides what you will experience in the in and outside.

Now think about what your senses are getting filled with to disconnect you from your nature.

You smell parfums, you taste suggar (things that usually taste shit now taste lovely), you hear music/radio/TV (, you see advertisement/TV/Newspaper, you feel vibrations from unnatural sources, ie only touching manmade things rather than nature. You dont even eat with fingers you use forks and knives. Thats for the majority of people. After work they are tired, energy is sucked out. They want to put up their feet towards the tv with a beer and a cigarette and let the brainwashmachine flash their unconcious mind so they know what to buy next when the wage comes.
Ie Overloading the senses with things nicer than what nature is like to our brains. So to make nature seem uninteresting.

And to learn what a ‘normal life’ is like. Look in almost 95% of movies in the background people always working/studing. You dont get it conciously but the unconcious mind gets everything you sense with your 5 (6) senses. You only realize what you focus on.

And we because we are getting scammed of hour whole energy day by day, 9 hours work, sometimes hard work… And then going energyless home, just want to relax the rest of the day.

Make kids, grow them the way we teach you, die quick after rent, because you will work your fucking ass of and if you worked 30-40 years and get sick because your body is sucked out of energy, you blocked alot of energys out of tension because day by day your doing something totally unnatural stressfull because deep inside you dont want to do that. You want to live like a billionar. Do whatever your heart pleases. Not what your boss pleases. Bosses dont need good grades.
Instead of putting so much energy on writing applications better put energy on a idea and a businessplan for it. Its the same amount of energy. But its something for yourself rather than for a boss. Terence mckenna said ‘you need to have a plan, or you will become a part of the plan from somebody else’.

Anyway, why would one believe people who know better teach us shit, why would we believe that what they are teaching us is any good for us?

I think the one who sees through the illusion should see this clearly. And it is pretty hard for one who have kids himself and send them in school.

Its hard to break free from the society teachings but its possible certainly and its freeing. Else your are attached to the things you have been taught aswell. You attached a specific view to specific things others want you to have a view like this.

I also studied psychology quite a bit and most people would be surprised at how easy they/we can be manipulated and be 100% sure its their own thoughts. It is shocking. I was even thinking for quite a long time cuz i was aware that they want to fool me, i took extra long thinking time and still it came the thing they wanted me to think.

They can do this with serials or movies or whatever, and they not only can - they do.

We always get a specific heartz number through the tv which is destructive. 528hz is the love frequenzy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUiSMPHRrhc) and they could provide us with it to feel good. But they use a heartz number that makes us feel bad.

Anyway i cant make this look good to me, no matter how much one praises his experiences about it.

We could reach every information in this universe in the akashic records. Learn about it in our heads. Why would we need other people to tell us what we should think?! Nonsense.

Everyone can learn that and govs know it. The top world leaders know it. Why dont we?! Because then noone would be a slave anymore. So they teach us something to distract us. Not to make us learn something.
Sure it feels good what they provide us. They need to make it look somewhat good, other than that they couldnt hide the truth for so long.
But not everything that looks good is good.

Better make someone (specially yourself) cry with the truth than laugh with a lie.

See the things as they are rather than make it look good to you.

So much good stuff on this post I could write a dissertation on it! As an educator and a parent, when it comes to raising them up many factors come into play. Model, model, model is how they learn. But, presentation is everything. Often less is more, especially when it comes to magic and having them experience things for themselves.

Unfortunately, children are bombarded with the culture and the media at an incredibly young age and that has to be counterbalanced, but you can not isolate them, or you will be dealing with a complete set of social problems.

I have found that exposing them to concepts and experiences without naming them and going I to details that are over their head extremely effective. It illustrates to them the importance of an open mind, empowerment, and even critical thinking skills.

All good stuff here, very interesting thread. In my experience today’s schools are an outdated concept, it does not produce thinkers, but workers. To learn to take orders and be a productive member of the society. If a child dares to think in a different way, they says hes a daydreamer or worse, slaps him with a diagnose for adhd and cram “medicine” down the child’s throat.

But i think that schools are a good way to learn to interact with others, but it should not be your main source of information. It’s the parents job to teach their child, and prepare them to take on the world, it’s not the governments job, they suck at it. Sadly as mentioned above most parents are brainwashed themselves thinking that they can neglect the child, not teaching them anything cause they already gets an “education”.

My parents didn’t teach me shit, not the value of money, not about girls, not about how to get a job, not about how to cook or clean the house, nothing important. Everything useful i know i have thought myself, my parents did fail cause they where ignorant and they have no right to be proud of me when i do conquer the world so to speak.

If i ever have kids my sole goal will then to prepare them for the world physically and spiritually, and on my own ascend. They will surly go to a public school and get a shit education. But everyday i will teach them myself, i will ask their teacher for their exact curriculum, and then i will cut the bs out and teach them the real version, not the watered down version, i will expand on every topic.

I will teach them about social programming, and propaganda, i will teach them how to play along with the right words but keeping your intelligence. This will be hard and demands that i will become a master of really advanced topics in order to provide top notch education, but i will gladly do it for my future children.

In the end they will graduate with the highest score, get their paper be able to work any job they desire, or learn anything they want. But their real education would have been home, and before they finish high-school they will have almost phd level in their chosen fields. Of-course they will also learn allot of greek, egyptian, and many others mythologies. And many prerequisite for magic so when they do show interested they already have a good foundation to build on.

How will i be able to teach them all this and many other life skills you may ask, simple i will make it my priority to spend many hours with them everyday, and make sure they still have time for play and stuff all kids should do.

Let the dreamers dream and the drones work.