Raining after thinking about the Gods

I’ve noticed every time I think about the Norse Gods, or read the poems in the Poetic Edda and have a sort of connection to the Gods, it tends to rain the next day and sometimes the same day, even when there hasn’t been any rain in a long time.

I’d say this has mostly happened when I was thinking about Freyr, and he is associated with rain, but it’s also happened when thinking about other Norse deities. Do any of you also experience this?

1 Like

When my familiar died, there were thunders, like when my prophet died. The Gods of this Aeon took both home with equal honors

1 Like

I do have weather related occurences. After a certain kind of work I noticed that a thick fog would follow through the entire city. It happened each time, so far (five times) and its quite something.

1 Like

It’s really interesting. I remember after that one group ritual on here many reported rain that day or the next.
I wonder why certain rituals seemingly cause changes in the weather.

I remember this one time after I did a prayer to Freyr or another Norse God, or my mind was just focused on them, I had a synchronicity where I decided to play Saints Row III again and on the radio in the game part of the dialogue said something strange like “rain purifies the soul”. From what I’ve seen from Wiccans, it seems some of them have a similar belief, so interesting synchronicity. It was also raining at that time.

1 Like

This is a good song to meditate on such things

And for me, this one too, as it’s the one I sing when I’m on the street and it’s raining

1 Like

Thanks for that!

Ahh Grendel is one of my favorite Aggrotech groups, great stuff.

Lyrics actually fit what I was going through at the time as well… I guess the message I keep getting is that rain is purifying.

1 Like

Have you checked the weather prior to these things to make sure it’s not coincidence?

Sadly I did not, so I’m still skeptical on this, but I remember once it did rain when nothing was predicted the day prior, and I remember once there were rain clouds the whole day but it only started raining when I started talking to some of the Norse Gods in my mind, pretty much just a few seconds after I started talking, and it rained hard. It’s happened enough times for me to notice it and it’s strangeness, so there may be something to it but I’ll have to keep check of the weather in the future.

1 Like

I think it’s a result of synchronicity more than you summoning the rain. I know for me, the first time I invoked Thorr I experienced rain, thunder, and lightning. Synchronicity works best if you don’t know what the weather will be that day. It’s more about timing than anything else.

1 Like