Racist gods

Is this true that North gods and goddesses are racist as some say that they are ?

5 Likes

Maybe some of some of their devotees :wink:

7 Likes

No

13 Likes

While I won’t rely on the words of koetting, or any other human, as they do not speak for the gods, I will agree. They aren’t racist.

12 Likes

gods and spirits, no. Sects within certain groups, yes. find the current that works for you and fuck what anyone else says.

8 Likes

Only humans obsess endlessly on race.

13 Likes

True. Human questions: “are you poor class, upper class middle class? Are you short, fat, skinny, tall?” Sorry I’m just stuck somewhere I don’t really wanna be.

6 Likes

Doubt it, most likey some of there followers are.

I would disagree. I hold by the view that humans can and do act as conduits for gods.

[quote=“TheStorm, post:9, topic:19714”]
I would disagree. I hold by the view that humans can and do act as conduits for gods.[/quote]
I do hope you don’t mean that in the same way as the followers of the Abrahamic religions do it, when they speak for “God” or in his name.

There’s differences between using our Personal Gnosis as a way to “represent” our patron and matron deities, as well as being perfectly clear about it being our own interpretation when communicating with them.

There’s no right or wrong with that, as long as we keep it outside the contamination of dogma.

3 Likes

@succupedia If we accept that these beings are absolutely real, then transmissions directly from the gods should be universally consistent. There is no reason why it should be different for other people. Transmissions form a fundamental basis of magick as we know it. It’s how the BMoA was written, and it’s how Spider and the Green Butterfly was written. These are the directly transmitted words of divine beings. EA says he doesn’t believe in the idea of UPG. I agree.

2 Likes

If you “don’t believe in the idea of UPG”, then please explain why there’s a lot of misinterpretations within our ways of communicate with the same spirits. Sure, there’s a lot of ways to find the connection we have to these spirits, but it will always be different from one practitioner to another.

@succupedia Let’s not have this argument. I was just stating a viewpoint. Unless you insist on it I would much rather not. Constant debate wears me out.

For the sake of an answer though I will give two words: Incompetence and Ego.

1 Like

Isn’t generally a belief that “my god is bigger than your god and because most people who worship my god are purple and yellow tartan they must be better than you with the polkadots and stripes”?

Just leave me to believe what I want and you will live another day to believe what you want…

1 Like

For starters, don’t make a non-personal debate personal. There’s no need for threats, either. I can feel the energy of it, and still do.

I happen to have a different view, so let me have that, and that’s the end of my argument.

1 Like

I was not trying to threaten anyone…

1 Like

No but it looks like you called him incompetent and egotisical

1 Like

I did not mean it that way. He asked for an answer. I provided it. [quote=“succupedia, post:12, topic:19714”]
then please explain why there’s a lot of misinterpretations within our ways of communicate with the same spirits
[/quote]
It was an answer to that. Nothing more.

2 Likes

It just didn’t feel good about that statement above, that’s all.

1 Like

@succupedia Okay. I did not mean any of that comment personally. Sorry.

1 Like