QVAREIA quote related to the new-systems and what Spirirts&Energies may connect

Below is quoted, at some length, from writings by one on the subject- that addresses the issue of what-one is Contacting.. the structure (and concerns to keep in mind in these experimental-ages)...   for thought

[this may relate to draining-contacts that don’t seem to give the info or development, or outer-world results desired…] -vs just lead you on…

re Contacts- to learn from, that have/are given ‘personalities’ to relate to… (whether contacted through Evocation, or Soul-Travel, or some in-between exchange… dream or association)… ~“Inner-Teachers”

"It is wise to keep in mind that their human element makes them fallible: they are not all-knowing and all-wise, but they do know things we do not, and if they are worked with magically and within the system that they operate in, they can become useful allies in magical work.

If the magician attempts to work with them outside of their system,

then problems occur, such as parasited contacts. It has become fashionable in certain quarters of magic to work with this type of human contact in an often out-of-context and near whimsical way. This exposes the magician to a whole host of problems, and because it is becoming such a widespread magical fashion, it is an area of magic that you need to be aware of as an apprentice.

In earlier times, these contacts were worked with only within their
own system, and as a result were not problematic contacts to deal with. But when you form a connection with any being out of its context or system, you disengage all the protective magical patterns within its structure. This makes you fair game for any being who wishes to feed off you, amuse itself at your expense, or, more dangerously, manipulate you for its own agenda.

We are in an exciting time of magical experimentation. With access to

the internet, we are exposed to all sorts of cultural, religious, and magical
systems that only fifty years ago most people were unaware of. This brings great benefit and expansion to magic, but it also brings trouble: it is good to be mutable, but it is also good to approach that mutability with foresight, intelligence, and care.

The first step in this experimentation and expansion is an understanding that not everything is as it seems, and not everything in magical fashion is real or stable. Magical fashion, which is often seen as the latest ‘in’ deity, saint, or spirit, is a sharp, two-edged sword. On the human side it is often fueled by a wish to sell product, and on the inner side it receives a parasitical response."    -Josephine McCarthy

How evaluate what is within-system, vs outside of their system?

(relating to traditions that have a real-energetic structure, not just "history")... previously worked for hundreds of yrs(?) vs a couple of yrs (yet longer ago, harder to decipher and be clear what they did- ex Egyptian, mythos and action-patterns from Hieroglyphs and Icos ~neteru)

Can one just assemble whatever seems to work?  Then if there is no inherent Energetic Pattern behind it, then no such response (wisdom- coaching/assistance) can return (?) 
 if there is an Intelligence and Power(s) that respond..  then it is something that has a structure (thus one either follows/resonants with it,  or is dis-connected from it)..  not really both  (whatever the nature of that "structure"  is one's "sub-con mind"; an Outer Energetic form; something worked upon in the past; Still supported by InnerContacts out there- that respond in the same way that one may respond to this post via the internet.   -issue being the response = 'works')

I respectfully disagree with this part - why did so many spirits get such a bad reputation for possessing people, or making them obsessed, if all the older systems were good and safe?

All the classical systems of demonic evocation operated from fear, even loathing, of the spirit and I believe that caused more problems, not less.

I respect Josephine and I think she’s sincere in her beliefs, but if we applied the same standards to car ownership & driving licences that I infer from her writings she applies to interacting with spirits (and cars do, after all kill tens of thousands of people every year - far more than magick), only one in ten thousand of us would be behind the wheel, and the rest would be all be left traipsing through the mud - no buses either, since that would be “for profit”! :o)

The alternative to that is to return to closed initiatory systems where you have to know the right people, be born into the right families, and kiss the right asses to stand a chance.

I paid to train in healing & core shamanism, and that gets slammed sometimes for being about the money (even though, knowing some of the people involved, I know they barely make an income) but whatever people may think of selling magickal trainings to anyone with the money to buy them, the alternatives seem to all be far more problematic, placing magick once again back in the hands of the elite few and their chosen heirs.

History has seen a steady progression away from that, escalating each time there was an upgrade in transportation (horses, then boats, then rail, then cars) and mass literacy - which is a fairly modern phenomena for ordinary working people.

Those two came together with the internet and are the reason any teenager can now download the Goetia and many other documents right onto their PC or phone, and like it or not I don’t think that genie can be put back in the bottle - nor do I think it ever should be.

It is wise to keep in mind that [b]their human element makes them fallible[/b]: they are not all-knowing and all-wise, but they do know things we do not

True.

Indeed- mainly for the consideration- but I’d only qualify as “InnerContacts” doesn’t mean (in her context) any spirits- as could be interpreted by below comment…

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:2, topic:4615”]- why did so many spirits get such a bad reputation for possessing people, or making them obsessed, if all the older systems were good and safe?

All the classical systems of demonic evocation operated from fear, even loathing, of the spirit and I believe that caused more problems, not less.[/quote]
Also the system, isn’t actually imitating or following a recreation of an older tradition, but rather being in contact/connected with the actual-spirits/energies whatever that are intended (which are open to teaching/guiding)… and “InnerContacts” implies those Entities that are/were human-personality-based (or developed an interface) vs those that, were not…
just to add clarfication, as I understand…

[to be honest I was conflicted whether to contrib/add the above quote, as it could be misinterp’d as well as seem preachy… but in terms of recent, ‘why things don’t work’ … or different types- of results… and actually “inner-prompting” -I kept getting jabbed-nudged to do so… once I posted the 2 quotes, I could finally rest and focus on else… subcon or part of the current- not sure. it is what it is/was.]

Hopefully like Billards ricochet ..  dominos, or another indirect-triggered reaction, it might arise some insight.. beyond just agree or not.   -just my thought