Quote From the Egyptian Book of the Dead

There are those who live in the boundaries of guilt and fear, the limits of imagination. They believe limitation is the world. You can not change them. There is work of your own to do. You will never reach the end of your own becoming, the madness of creation, the joy of existence.
  • Egyptian Book of the Dead
1 Like

what is the referance? would like to read more

[quote=“Dagon, post:1, topic:5129”]

There are those who live in the boundaries of guilt and fear, the limits of imagination. They believe limitation is the world. You can not change them. There is work of your own to do. You will never reach the end of your own becoming, the madness of creation, the joy of existence.
  • Egyptian Book of the Dead[/quote]

Yep, pretty true. Fear and guilt are fairly potent forces that society uses to keep people in line. Enough evidence can be seen from those organizations thriving on “converting” willing gays into heteros. Participants of such programs (whether one goes through it alone or according to a specific organizations program) are guilty because they have ‘sinned’ according to their conservative Christian upbringing. They fear being ostracized from their religious communities and families, and burning in Hell for all eternity.

Take a look…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmvBkA_aUjc

To be honest, I couldn’t sit through the entire video. That level of self denial, hatred, fear, and guilt is just too much. Someone tell me how it ends.

The heavy heart that outweighs the feather of Ma’at and which therefore leads to destruction by Amut is a powerful symbol.

All this stuff repays doing astral journeys to explore its meaning for you, personally, as part of “assuming the wisdom of the dead” that was mentioned in another thread.

DM, [URL=http://www.bellevuecollege.edu/ArtsHum/materials/art/Tanzi/Winter04/201T/EGYPTIANBKOFDEAD%20.htm]this[/URL] has the longer passage.

I’m doing a working with the book of gates and this quote absolutely helps. Thanks guys. We are all children from the darkness

I had no idea the egyptian book of the dead would be so poetic and profound. Any other passages you know rival that one? Im enjoying digging through some books you qoute. Didnt know about thd Azoetia till you posted about it. Might I suggest having one thread where you compile your findings?

PS: if anyone is looking for a great read and a boost in love magic Song of Solomon is where its at.

Have you listened to Kate Bush’s song :heart:

Wow, I need to get this book. Very inspirational. Is the whole book this way?

For the most part, but even the parts that seem like “Well, duh!” or mundane can, upon further reflection, reveal a multitude of notions, feelings, sensations, awakenings, etc.

Here are a few book suggestions if you’d like to learn more:

[URL=http://www.amazon.com/The-Egyptian-Book-Dead-Integrated/dp/1452144389/ref=dp_ob_title_bk]1[/URL]
[URL=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0806926597/ref=nosim/clavicula]2[/URL] - and with pictures!
and [URL=http://www.anathemabooks.com/egyptian.shtml]3[/URL] - tons of other Egyptian-related books.

[i]The Egyptian Book of the Dead[/i] is a magical text supposedly written by the god Thoth himself. It is designed to give the newly deceased man or woman a fighting chance of hanging on to his or her individual consciousness center by projecting it step-by-step through each phase of the death experience to arrive intact at a higher level of existence.

The basic idea is this: If a dying person can keep the mind focused and occupied on series of particular ideas and images while the physical body dies, the “self” of the individual can separate from the physical body and take up residence in the “mind.” The preoccupied mind literally becomes an escape pod that will rescue the self from its attachment to the dying body and brain. At each step along the way, the deceased is required to identify with higher and higher aspects of the mind-a process that continues to create new and subtler escape pods that will keep rescuing the self until it is finally delivered safely (and intact) to realm of the gods.

The Egyptian Book of the Dead ingeniously organizes this journey of ideas and images to match the landscape and nature of each of the progressively higher levels of consciousness and requires the deceased to perfectly memorize and rehearse each leg of the trip prior to dying.

Every level is guarded by a gatekeeper who must be identified by name and forced to allow the deceased to pass. Even the furniture has names that must be carefully memorized and identified with constant chatter-everything that can be done to bolster the deceased’s confidence and keep their mind minutely focused on anything but the temptation of allowing oneself to dissolve like the untrained into the sweet oblivion of death.

• Lon Milo

Thought I would add that in there while I still remembered it.

I still haven’t read this, but I highly regard the Bardo Thodol as it lines up nicely with some of my experiences. Have you read the Tibetan Book of the Dead; are you in a position to compare/contrast the two?

I recommend reading both. Fantastic, life-changing stuff.