Quick question re: blood offerings

Someone mentioned to me that when they gaze at or open sigils, they sometimes use blood to charge the sigil. Since I’m still a neophyte with limited ability I think that making an offering of blood might really help. I bought a diabetic lancer to prick my finger, so that’s covered. The problem is that the sigils I’m using are in a book and they’re not really something I can draw myself, and obviously I don’t to drip blood on my book. Of course I could use a copy machine, but before I do that… Can I just drip a few drops of blood on the ground like you would do with offerings of libations (alcoholic beverages)?

I recommend going and buying a pad of tracing paper and just trace the sigil from the book. The time, energy and focus you put into tracing the sigil onto the paper is part of preparatory immersion. This will help solidify the sigil in your mind and help with visualization development as well.

3 Likes

I’m not sure how much of an option that is. I guess it’s possible… But these sigils are all in Hebrew, written in a calligraphic style. There’s also writing in the outer border/ring. I’m not sure tracing these would be immersive.

There is one neat effect though - instead of flashing and turning 3D (the words do seem to come off the page at some point but it’s slight right now) these sigils get a halo tracing the outer ring and the name written in the center!

What are they from? Which grimoire? Perhaps if I see the sigil I might be able to help you more.

You could write “For (spiritname)” on a piece of paper and use that, then burn it?

Blood offerings are NOT something to give lightly, or frequently, and I would really be concerned that dripping the blood to the floor might attract astral scallywags instead of benefitting the spirits to whom it’s offered.

JMO though and I take a more cautious approach with anything concerning blood than some other members. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They’re from Damon Brand’s book, “The Angels of Alchemy.” I’ll try to take a photo and upload it, hopefully the file won’t be too big. They’re angelic sigils though, and it seems they are different from the common varieties of angelic sigils.

A little extra info: the alchemy referred to in the title is the Hermetic kind, dealing with personal transformation. I’m starting with these because I’m aware of a few weaknesses of character that could prevent me from utilizing magic to my/its full potential. There are 42 Angels and their sigils given, and they all work on some aspect of character transformation or growth, whether it be a one time boost in confidence or something long term like unlocking your imagination.

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:5, topic:8934”]You could write “For (spiritname)” on a piece of paper and use that, then burn it?

Blood offerings are NOT something to give lightly, or frequently, and I would really be concerned that dripping the blood to the floor might attract astral scallywags instead of benefitting the spirits to whom it’s offered.

JMO though and I take a more cautious approach with anything concerning blood than some other members. :)[/quote]

I like this idea, although it feels a bit like leaving milk and cookies for Santa, lol. Speaking of which, should I leave the offering out for a period of time or simply burn it at the end of the ritual, as a way to signal the end and close out the ritual?

Another thought - would it be acceptable to prick my finger before I begin the ritual so it doesn’t break my focus? Maybe I could place the offering in front of me and verbalize the offer along with tasking the angel (or other entity)?

Lastly, if I use blood sparingly and only on the most important tasks, can you recommend something else I can use to feed or energize the entity I’m tasking?

Alcohol is what I use for almost everything involving offering. Wine, liquor, spirits for the spirits I always say! Libations to the Gods!

2 Likes

glass of water / glass of beer / glass of wine / chocolate,that’s what i gave in my first ritual to lucifer 1 month ago …
along with sandalwood incense …

i gave the things thats i enjoy…

the one that i gave to paimon,cup of ginger tea with lemon and a drop of honey and a chocolate bar

To Belial,a pile of grounded meat ( not raw ) i made it to me and to him,i did the ritual ( in my manner because i am still a student ) i put the meat in a silver recipient,2 glasses of fine beer and 1 glass of water …

well i do in my manner i try to follow my extinct…

now i want to do one to Lucifuge Rofocale,no ideia what to give but i will figure it out in the process

Well… I give blood offerings regularly and frequently since almost every spell in the grimoire seems to recommend them. A few say you outright have to use blood. Necromancy and blood seem to link very closely together.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be fair to say you work within a specific current, and are dedicated to serve, to some extent, the beings within it? :thinking:

2 Likes

@Lady_Eva Yes. It would be fair I think.

1 Like

So, you wouldn’t sacrifice blood to say some random angels, then a god, etc?

The point I’m getting at is that blood can bind people, you’re cool with that but not everyone would be, so discretion while learning the ropes is good.

2 Likes

Of course not[quote=“Lady_Eva, post:12, topic:8934”]
The point I’m getting at is that blood can bind people, you’re cool with that but not everyone would be, so discretion while learning the ropes is good.
[/quote]
Yes, I see what you mean.

2 Likes

I was going to say the same thing. Sometimes I look at the sigils and say, damn! Did you have to get so friggen fancy and complicated!? It is beautiful for sure, but they are intricate sometimes.

This part of the response is to those who are learning and don’t necessarily know.

I think part of the reason some sigils are so intricate and complicated is to weed the serious practitioners out from those who are just dabblers and not committed. These entities are busy, and gods and kings/queens. They do not have time or inclination to deal with the insincere. If you are not serious you will not bother with all that detail and keep looking for a simpler one. Also the act of drawing it and the effort and concentration and energy that you put into creating it charges it and empowers it. It binds your energies with theirs so to speak. It is the immersion and preparation necessary to make the connection. Blood, sweat, and tears… There may not be literal tears shed but it is the effort a and time spent on it… The sacrifice of yourself and your effort and time. It may just be me, but I always learned of you are going to do something do it right.

1 Like