Questions From a Newbie

Hey All! I’m very green on the whole Magick thing and have a few questions.

Firstly, I have heard that casting curses can either invoke the rule of three (what you send out while come back to you thricefold), weaken your powers or even both and i was wondering if these statements hold any truth.

Secondly, I have only invoked Lucifer, and i feel that the first time I did so, I upset her. I repeated the ritual two more times, the second time I begged her forgiveness, to which i received an answer along the lines of don’t do it again. I was wondering if there are ways to get back in her good graces. Perhaps an offering? And what should I ask her for? I know that certain entities may become offended if asked for certain things and wanted to keep on the safe side.

Any answers are appreciated.
Cheers

2 Likes

conquer your fear, my friend :japanese_ogre:

3 Likes

No. Whoever told you that is, well, fearful, to keep worse words silent.[quote=“KingOfHearts616, post:1, topic:14368”]
Secondly, I have only invoked Lucifer, and i feel that the first time I did so, I upset her. I repeated the ritual two more times, the second time I begged her forgiveness, to which i received an answer along the lines of don’t do it again. I was wondering if there are ways to get back in her good graces. Perhaps an offering? And what should I ask her for? I know that certain entities may become offended if asked for certain things and wanted to keep on the safe side.
[/quote]

What exactly did you do?

4 Likes

She chose to speak to me through my own inner voice and I believed that it was my tired brain playing tricks on me, so I told my brain, and accidentally her to shut up. Not a good idea as I’ve learned.

2 Likes

You got The Fear, my friend. It’s like . . . don’t be scared in front of certain dogs because your fear hormones scare them. Of course, with evocation, the spirit mirrors the fear in your head.

4 Likes

Yeah, you need to learn to distinguish between you and the spirit you’re communicating with.

5 Likes

It’s like . . . if you’re about to take LSD, you need to promise yourself you will not get The Fear, or you’re in for a world of shit. Practice maintaining your cool in altered states.

6 Likes

Magickally, in a general sense, you have nothing to fear by sending out a curse. I personally feel that the 3 fold law is utter BS and is greatly revealing in terms of the Western misinterpretation of balance and karma. You CAN get yourself into trouble if you send a curse at another practitioner, though. Reversals and reprisals are SOP for us, so just be aware of the possibility. Your greater danger lies in the psychological. You can become dependent on the curse to solve problems when a more creative approach may actually aid your assent far more. I am talking about stagnation. Also, running around cursing everyone who pisses you off is little more than the metaphysical equivalent of an idiot with a gun who points it at everyone who does something they do not like. This kind of behavior can lead to a lack of perspective, which can and usually will lead to stagnation. But seriously, no fear is needed, just discipline and discretion.

5 Likes

You just need the right mindset. Other magicians believe that whatever consequence you perceive will be placed on you will happen.

4 Likes

I would only ever do two curses unless the same circumstances arose. I have only considered curses for people I truly despise. It isn’t my way of solving my problems, just rather enacting what I feel to be just. Also, the two idiots I have my sights set on are too ignorant and stupid to comprehend magick, never mind practise it, but thank you for the heads up.