Questions About Solomonic Evocation

As those of you who read my previous topic know, I am heavily interested in Solomonic Evocation. I have recently aqcuired a sword with which I plan to turn into a sword dedicated solely to Solomonic Evocation, but this is where the facts get foggy. I have questions about the size and shape of the sword - does it HAVE to be the same shape as the one shown in Mathers' books? Does it HAVE to be a typical 'sword' size? Furthermore, the books depict other tools that are used to engrave, cut, draw, and sharpen, but I'm unsure as to whether or not all of them are required. I read that the most ancient ceremonial magick never required the practitioner to actually separate all of these jobs into separate tools, and rather that this factor was created from the European grimoires. For this reason I am wondering if these tools are actually all required. I understand that all the items worn, other than the shoes, must be of silk or of linen, and that the shoes must be of white leather, but must shoes be worn? I was told that all of the tools must be created by the magician. Is this true? My final question about Solomonic Evocation and it's material side is, do all of the tools have to be dedicated to their jobs and Solomonic Evocation, or can they also be used for other magicks?

My curiosity about the magick and rituals themselves, however, is an entirely different story. Must those creatures evoked be demons of Goetia, or can they be any spirit? Must the creatures invoked in the crystal be the Angels, or can they be other spirits, or even Gods? Is the evocation process always that of commands, or are there ways for one to evoke spirits to physical appearance in a warm, welcoming way, on equal terms? Finally, will these angels and demons appear before you even if you hold a different religion?

Finally, in what ways could Solomonic Evocation be used in conjunction with psionics? I plan to learn about and delve into psionics as well (I'm a major fucking geek) and I want to know what ways I could used technology with Solomonic Evocation. Could I use a psionic tool in place of a solomonic tool? Could I create or learn about new technologies by attempting to create a Solomonic technology? If I do so, would the evocation still work? I hope to find the ways Solomonic Evocation is hindered or amplified by the use of psionics.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Solomonic evocation is generally frowned upon in this forum, because the general gist is that you force demonic spirits to do stuff for you by invoking godnames.

Generally, most of this forum practices Demonolatry, which literally translates to the worship of demons. Basically, the people on this forum have a fond respect for demonic spirits and many possess working relationships with demons. For example, arianna has a submissive/dominant relationship with Azazel, Lady Eva had a demonic child and her uncle apotheosized into a demonic entity named Varnaskis after his death, these are only a few of the crazy stories youā€™re going to be hearing around here. So, while this forum is open to anyone and everyone, Solomonic magic, especially evocation, is frowned upon; though certainly not taboo.

Ultimately, Iā€™m basically a chaos magician, if you believe that a certain system is going to work, then itā€™s going to work. If Solomonic evocation is what gets you to witness first hand your inner divinity, then by all means, go ahead. We are all free to find our own path.

Ultimately, if you want to combine Solomonic evocation and psionics, as long as you believe it, it will work. I, personally, donā€™t use any ritual, generally, for my evocation. I just intone the entities name like a mantra until I hit rapture. Then I communicate, thatā€™s how I do my evocations, and Iā€™ve never had a failure.

2 Likes

No and no.

Simple distinctions such as this rarely have any sort of magical effect.

Furthermore, the books depict other tools that are used to engrave, cut, draw, and sharpen, but I'm unsure as to whether or not all of them are required.

Only if you want to waste your money on something that you may evolve out of within the month. Talismans can be duplicated, enhanced, and copied astrally.

I read that the most ancient ceremonial magick never required the practitioner to actually separate all of these jobs into separate tools, and rather that this factor was created from the European grimoires.

Pretty much. The body is the primordial tool.

For this reason I am wondering if these tools are actually all required.

They are not.

I understand that all the items worn, other than the shoes, must be of silk or of linen, and that the shoes must be of white leather, but must shoes be worn?

Iā€™ve evoked in Halloween costumes before. In fact, I would argue that if you wear anything during ritual, it should be a costume of some sort, as appearances are just energy patterns and if you wear a resonant costume youā€™ll increase the intensity of the ritual.

I was told that all of the tools must be created by the magician. Is this true?

Generally better, not necessary.

My final question about Solomonic Evocation and it's material side is, do all of the tools have to be dedicated to their jobs and Solomonic Evocation, or can they also be used for other magicks?

Depends on how deep you intend to dive. If youā€™re going to be using the tools to the letter of Solomonic evocation, you might want to invest in other tools for other systems.

My curiosity about the magick and rituals themselves, however, is an entirely different story. Must those creatures evoked be demons of Goetia, or can they be any spirit?

While Solomonic evocation focuses specifically on the Goetic spirits and their corresponding angels, you can evoke anything, however I would be careful what you threaten. If you try to command Shiva or Set in the name of Yahweh, theyā€™ll swat you like a fly and get on with their day.

Must the creatures invoked in the crystal be the Angels, or can they be other spirits, or even Gods?

As long as you know how to properly invoke the type of creature, you can put anything in the crystal.

Is the evocation process always that of commands, or are there ways for one to evoke spirits to physical appearance in a warm, welcoming way, on equal terms?

It is generally better to invite the spirits rather than command them. For some spirits commanding them works, such as subordinates or spirits that are controlled by a system youā€™re operating, but you can call the spirits as an invitation and proceed to speak with them on equal footing.

Finally, will these angels and demons appear before you even if you hold a different religion?

Spirits donā€™t have religion, they have superiors and subordinates.

Finally, in what ways could Solomonic Evocation be used in conjunction with psionics? I plan to learn about and delve into psionics as well (I'm a major fucking geek) and I want to know what ways I could used technology with Solomonic Evocation. Could I use a psionic tool in place of a solomonic tool? Could I create or learn about new technologies by attempting to create a Solomonic technology? If I do so, would the evocation still work? I hope to find the ways Solomonic Evocation is hindered or amplified by the use of psionics.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Brother Moloch of molochsorcery.com discusses this, he fused these exact practices together. he evoked using a radionics box and setting rates for the spirits and targets, if I recall.

This is true. it is looked down upon here because the demons are seen as friends, rather than tools to be commanded.

Generally, most of this forum practices Demonolatry, which literally translates to the worship of demons. Basically, the people on this forum have a fond respect for demonic spirits and many possess working relationships with demons.

I would wager that I am one of the (seemingly rare on this forum) few that is indifferent to angelic and demonic spirits alike.

For example, arianna has a submissive/dominant relationship with Azazel, Lady Eva had a demonic child and her uncle apotheosized into a demonic entity named Varnaskis after his death, these are only a few of the crazy stories you're going to be hearing around here.

That is correct.

By most definitions, I am a demon.

I have been called as much before, sometimes out of fear and sometimes out of respect. It is not far from the truth.

Ultimately, I'm basically a chaos magician, if you believe that a certain system is going to work, then it's going to work. If Solomonic evocation is what gets you to witness first hand your inner divinity, then by all means, go ahead. We are all free to find our own path.

Ding ding ding, ash knows what heā€™s talking about.

2 Likes

Velotak, Im a little confused. You said you are indifferent to angelic and demonic spirits. But then say your practically a demon. Can you explain? Please and thank you :slight_smile:

Iā€™m indifferent to working with them, as I have a large ā€œlibraryā€ that I may access.

I say that I am practically a demon, because by the common definitions, it fits- a dark, generally serpentine entity, that has knowledge greater than the average individual. Demons, in general culture, are opportunistic and have keen business sense, and if people end up on the wrong side of a demon, they are generally subject to a wide variety of ills and misfortunes.

This could be said of virtually any ā€œblack magicianā€, however, I believe that I have demonstrated that I am no ordinary sorcerer. Those that would block my way in particular have been made examples of, that may be traced by the keen-eyed.

Hence my ascription of the term.

Cool, I understand now. Thanks!

I must say I was surprised, even taken aback at how many questions you asked in your desire to perform Solomonic evocations. I thought you should have addressed your question to those on the Right Hand path page hereā€¦ But when it comes to swords, whether you perform left hand or right hand path operations the best sword you can use is the double-edged sword. The one we in the magic world call ATHAMEā€¦ I donā€™t think I even wish to answer the othersā€¦ because if you truly want to do a Solomonic ritual it is best not to ask so many questions which will only end discouraging you, if you happen to be very religiously inclinedā€¦If you want to do it freely, quickly and with an assurance of doing it well. i say, do it without the religion. I mean without putting too much importance in the deist religion you are used to.
You know that all the gods of deist religions are ā€˜jealous godsā€™, as they usually say themselves. As such they never want anyone to mention any other gods when the person working first prays to the god and swears his allegiance to himā€¦
Youā€™ll find that the god,s laws will become an impediment for you to properly work with the demons.
While a demon will not demand that you be not religious when you work with him, the god will demand that you make it known that he is your god, and that you work with the demons,while asserting that you a totally submitted to the Godā€¦ Since in the end, the demons will be those who will be performing and helping you perform those miracles you seek, they wonā€™t thank you for first showing that you consider them as your subordinate employees, instead of friendsā€¦
I am in the religion business, and I know what I am talking aboutā€¦ Do the Solomonic operation by dealing directly with the demons themselvesā€¦ The results will be the same, you wonā€™t have to reject your god, and the demons will be willing to work with you more when you show them respect, and treat them as friendsā€¦

2 Likes

Precisely why I asked for a way to respectfully evoke the demons and spirits. I generally see no fucking point in treating a spirit like shit if itā€™s done nothing to me, and I see no reason to ā€˜commandā€™ a spirit by any means due to my anarchist outlook and ideals.

Although Demonolatry is definitely not what I practice, I do have a respect for demons. They have a lot of power, and it is only through the power and teachings of other spirits that I may ever learn to increase my own power. I currently primarily work with angels, but that doesnā€™t rule out demons, fae, elementals, or any other spirits I may come across. Honestly, the thought of contacting other spirits excites me, and I see demons with no less respect than any other spirits.

Well, i certainly look forward to hearing about them! I myself have a cousin with somewhat genetic ties to Baphomet, practices psy-vampirism, and became a Lich, so those stories donā€™t exactly surprise me. :smiley:

Hm. Iā€™m okay with frowned upon, that describes most of my life. Solomonic magic really appeals to me, due to the powerful nature of most of it. Any way to gain enough power to practice on my own is good enough for me, regardless of itā€™s origin. Iā€™d practice fucking Catholicism if it was the most powerful, but it is most definitely not. Solomonic evocation is very powerful, and I love the ritualistic nature of most of it, which is why I practice. The only thing is the price, which is precisely what I will discuss in response to the next segment of your reply.

Definitely!! I love the idea of a ā€˜chaosā€™ magician, and I think Iā€™d like to take up that prefix now. That describes just about every magick Iā€™ve practiced, and every way Iā€™ve practiced this far, and itā€™s always worked. For that reason, a ā€˜chaos magicianā€™ is definitely fitting. A ā€˜chaos studentā€™ is an even better description.

Iā€™d do that, but I like the ritual part too much. The ritual gets me in the right set of mind without having to use psychedelics, and the only thing I love more than the senses of freedom, adventure, and power that magick gives me, is being able to wave a sword or staff and know that action can and possibly did cause the earth to quake. So I guess that fits with power. :smiley:

Iā€™m not really used to a deist religion, and Iā€™m certainly not religiously inclined. Iā€™m more universalist unitarian, with an emphasis on no incorrect path, and Iā€™m inclined by a craving for power over myself and factors that affect me. You can worship fucking Mickey Mouse and I would believe you were right. And I currently donā€™t really have a real deity or pantheon, just a few deities that I pray to and do magick with so that I can be protected until I find some powerful, good deities with an emphasis on freedom. So be assured that the only deities I invoke will be those I use to protect myself and not the one I finally got away from. (Also, due to these facts, I donā€™t think anything could discourage me, although I could be wrong in a few circumstances.)

[quote=ā€œMilla, post:7, topic:9189ā€]You know that all the gods of deist religions are ā€˜jealous godsā€™, as they usually say themselves. As such they never want anyone to mention any other gods when the person working first prays to the god and swears his allegiance to himā€¦
Youā€™ll find that the god,s laws will become an impediment for you to properly work with the demons.[/quote]

You have no idea how many times Iā€™ve heard the term ā€˜jealous godā€™. Donā€™t expect me to use any Abrahamic gods or deist gods in general to contact demons, or evoke spirits in general.

Yeah. Thank you for this explanation (although most of it should have been common sense).

Trust me, I plan to do so. I donā€™t see any spirits as any more than equal, and demons are the same. Unlike society, the spiritual world definitely seems more anarchistic, and that makes me so happy! :smiley:

Thanks for your input, itā€™s always greatly appreciated, and I really mean that.

Velotak, your message was structured in the same way Iā€™ve decided to structure mine lol. For that fact, and also the fact that I canā€™t exactly reply to your replies nor do I need to correct assumptions about me, It would be rather redundant to put ā€˜thank youā€™ twelve times, and then four more. So instead, I will simply say

THANK YOU SO FUCKING MUCH GOD DAMMIT Iā€™VE NEEDED THOSE WORDS FOR SO LONG

Okay, that said, I have visited Moloch Sorcery, and definitely plan to check out the ownerā€™s studies! It looks soooo badass, I canā€™t wait to delve into it.

Thank you, youā€™re one of the few who hasnā€™t shown a drop of prejudice towards me. I almost look up to you due to that fact.

Also, Millaā€¦

Rest assured I know of the athame. I had one, once, but once I acquired this sword I saw no further reason to use it. I do, however, plan to get a new one. Thank you again.

[quote=ā€œvladzz, post:10, topic:9189ā€]Velotak, your message was structured in the same way Iā€™ve decided to structure mine lol. For that fact, and also the fact that I canā€™t exactly reply to your replies nor do I need to correct assumptions about me, It would be rather redundant to put ā€˜thank youā€™ twelve times, and then four more. So instead, I will simply say

THANK YOU SO FUCKING MUCH GOD DAMMIT Iā€™VE NEEDED THOSE WORDS FOR SO LONG

Okay, that said, I have visited Moloch Sorcery, and definitely plan to check out the ownerā€™s studies! It looks soooo badass, I canā€™t wait to delve into it.

Thank you, youā€™re one of the few who hasnā€™t shown a drop of prejudice towards me. I almost look up to you due to that fact.[/quote]
Yep, Velotak, is cool like that. :wink:

Try evocation skclad with the demonā€™s sigil painted on your chest with your own blood. Very potent.

1 Like