Questioning reality

Sigil magick , chaos magick and sorcery where u just put things together to manifest events don’t require spirituality…I personally tend away from it , because it’s fringe enough this stuff works, from a mechanical sense there generally isn’t believed to be a soul, spirit per say…

I tend to question the spiritual aspect of magick. What does the spirit matter if u can’t or don’t influence real world events, which u can confirm the existence of in relation to the working? Some find alot of power in spirit and can do such things, but it’s not requisite. It’s like reading a self help book before going to the how to…More power to those it works for, but i dont see a point.

Aptitude need not be tethered to meditations, pathworkings, worship and or/ interaction with spirits…its a technology of the mind.

Honestly, Im in a similar position. It’s not losing my faith in the infernal, but wavering faith in it. Isolation, being indoors, not communicating with anyone face to face…even if u took a violent sociopath and put them in solitude, they would get mentally scrambled…This is depressing.

Honestly, I’m convinced this is all a mimicry of the idea of something mechanical. As such magick, sorcery really is constructing a piece of technology that allows u to change the channel to a degree. The demons who I adore, it be difficult to take at the value of being a spirit, unless a spirit is a program fed through a processing unit, the same processing unit that run the algorithms for reality, and feeds them into the device that projects this virtual simulation.

If i were in your shoes, I’d leave spirit out of it, and focus on spells for mundane stuff and events. Maybe u want to acquire some fast cash, or see an enemy die in a car crash…maybe its to see 7 pigeons flying in a specific formation in the sky…or to cause a streetlight to blow out…

If it’s not a result I can see , smell, feel, taste, hear, or detect with the dozens of other senses that are more subtle, what is the point? 2 paths to godhood…1- spiritual and internal 2 - material and external

No matter which u choose, there is no right or wrong, just what is effective for u…I started out in the spiritual camp, and was horrible at making events materialize, but the spiritual high was good. Now in the material camp, event happen with alarming accuracy in mundane life when i make a spell for it, but there is no spiritual bliss, no neat outer body experiences…but more POWER…POWER IS EVERYTHING…

Anyway, the spiritual leads to material in the end, and the material to the spiritual, although the how is beyond me…

@JamoR72 i think he’s wanting to work on his spirituality and confusing it with magick being the evaluator. He was using magick progress to determine his spirituality progress which is wrong thinking. That’s what i see from the post. So i gave input on working on self through heart not limited to only magick.
As for magick progression. it just take effort, time perserverance, practice and self growth etc…

1 Like

All very good and valid points. I’m now feeling like I’m just wasting my time with any of this until I figure out which path I should be on. The problem is I have no clue how to figure that out. I’ve been trying forever. All I know is, right now I don’t feel like I’m “in sync” with reality and need to fix that.

try learning some kind of martial arts. It’s very spiritual. I recommend tai chi or aikido. If u need guidiance. Astrology. Preferable chinese astrology as it can tell you you potential and what areas in life you should focus on as well as what skills you need to learn base on your characteristic natal chart.