Question regarding visualization

Hello, I’m coming here to ask you very specific question, which lately haunts me- visualization. My perception is not really visual- I cannot recall mental images at will, I’ve never seen anything under my eyelids, my visualization is just mere glimpses in the “back of my head”- and they aren’t vivid at all, they are almost colourless and they disappear within moment. In all magical techniques there must be something to visualize, and I feel like I’m handicapped- I follow GD’s path, I have prepared my eleental weapons and rainbow wand long time ago, but didn’t consecrate them because I’m afraid that with my handicap it will be one big failure, and I won’t be able to properly consecrate talismans, not even sayin about evocation. Do any of you have similar condition? In my case just simply visualizing things doesnt help- I’m doing pentagram and hexagram rituals+ middle pillar on daily basis for a year and half and nothing has changed. Am I just fucked from the beginning? Is scrying in the mirror possible without being able to visualize something under my eyelids and having very poor skills in visualization overall? I’d really want to scry, and it’s really important for me, but I’m unsure whether those two skills are interconnected, and if I’m just unable to do this kind of things. I’m really counting on your help here, since I’m undergoing mild mental breakdown because of my condition for some time now.

Regards

Not everyone is good at visualization, but that doesn’t mean you can’t practice magick. My visualization is spotty, sometimes strong, other times weak. It does seem to get better with practice, though, and not “pushing” it to happen. Sometimes all you really need to do is just know that whatever you’re supposed to be visualizing is there. Same with energy. If you can’t feel it, just know that it’s there. Hopefully someone will chime in with some good exercises to develop visualization skills.

1 Like

Numerous times in your post you mention “under your eyelids”…and I think that is what is tripping you up. While it is possible to “project images” on your eyelids and certainly see lights etc flashing there…that is really not what most people mean when they say visualize.

Those “glimpses” in the back of your head are more aligned with visualizing. It’s a very rare person who actually doesn’t have the ability to visualize - someone with some brain damage. Normally the problem is simply they are “looking” in the wrong place…namely in front of their eyes when the images form in your brain, not in front of your eyes.

Can you describe the colour of your front door, what kind of handle it has to me? Have you ever even recalled one dream in your life? If you can do that it shows you have the ability to visualize plenty.

Focus on those “glimpses in the back of your head” even when they aren’t vivid. Those are the images you want to develop, not some blackness of your eyelids.

Visualization is mostly memory, so instead of trying to “create” some image from nowhere initially - focus instead on looking at something for a minute, then closing your eyes and in that brief second you close your eyes, see if you can still see the image…even vaguely just for a second as a shadow. It won’t be on your eyelids. In this case it is liable to be in the general “position” wherever the item happened to be that you were looking at (but really in your head). Then gradually extend how long you are able to remember that image.

2 Likes

Don’t worry,you’ll get there!Spend more time daydreaming.

That’s my advice.Also,read more.Reading more is artistic literature(and more specifically,more prose and drama)is absolutely helpful.

When you’re ready,start scrying.

Don’t forget to post an introduction here:

[url=http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/new-magician-help/introduce-yourself-to-members-of-the-forum/]http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/new-magician-help/introduce-yourself-to-members-of-the-forum/[/url]

It’s a very important rule.

I’m not the kind of person who like classical music at all. But as an exercise for visualization I often listen Beethoven, expecially the symphony n° 6.
Beethoven composed it to lead the listener in a visual world.
I just sit down relaxed while listenig without judging what came to my mind. After a while a find myself in a medieval world riding a horse through corn fields,castles,creeks and waterfalls. It’'s useful and regenerating.
Berlioz : Symphonie Fantastique is very cool too for this kind of purpose.
I’m not a classical music expert or whatever. I have always thought that 90% of classical music lovers are just snooty retarded. And I did not change my mind.

1 Like

Rawiri gave you a great advice! When I started I had serious troubles with visiualization and I hadn’t been able to improve for years. Since a day an expert magician just told me “the images aren’t in front of you, they are in the back of your head”. I tried to put this into practice and it was a “Wow” moment!
Just remember to “look” in the back of your head and you’ll start to visualize!

1 Like

most excellent advice!

one more thing to have in mind (from my UPG) is that “normal vision” (frontal, from the eyes, or behind eyelids) is TEMPORAL, while inner visions are ETERNAL.

bare this in mind always, and you’ll find far greater freedom.

when starting out with all this, i was expecting to have “visions” of prophets in the same way that i see the world with my eyes.

but, inner visions are ETERNAL, which means that they are free to show themselves without causal metamorphosis from that which is known already.

is this understandable?

to experience clearer vision, one must draw himself back into oneself, to sit as close as possible to the middle seat of Everything, watching from the back. in that process, the visions which are held back can “move” in front and become your experiental matrix.

so, by defining that the inner visions are Eternal, you might “catch” glimpses of unexpected reality.

one main fabolous discovery i made is that there really are moments when inner visions are more photographicaly realistic than real world!!
as much as i tried, i never succeeded to produce such realism inside my mind on purpose. i would “imagine really hard” and i take that as a success.

but still, there are moments when imaginative visions become real. and that’s when i think o shit o shit o shit this is all real…

i remember first time i encountered a living stone fish swiming around me when i was trying to contact Vassago.

real. stone. fish. that was behaving like a real fleshy fish. but it was made from stone. real stone.

and greatest event for me was once, during a possesion with our most beloved Dark Lord, in which he was forcing me to STOP THINKING so hard and for so long that i really did stop thinking and then, for the first time ever, my VISION EXPANDED so much that i saw a live star field exploding with life and speed of motion. it was exactly like i would fantasize it to be, but 1000 times better.

that happened only once to me to that degree.

:frowning:

so there i made a distinction between imaginary visions and real visions.

imaginary visions would be like magickal imagination where you let the imagination flow and open new worlds of understanding to you. and i was happy with that.

but, REAL visions are just that - REAL. it is not magickal imaginations anymore. it is something that makes you say… what the fuck… is this really possible? have i just glimpsed OUTSIDE human perception for real???

does anyone understand what i’m saying here? can someone also confirm that there is at least 2 modes of visions (magickal imagination and real - like looking through the real window of dimensions) ?

Another thing is if you can mentally “see” the ste of a TV show you know well, I always use Frasier as an example because that set’s stunning (IMO anyway) but things like Big Bang Theory, Friends, Dexter, in other words every sitcom and almost every serial have a central set - and we know it when we see it, (obviously) which means it;s stored in our memories.

if I say “Big Bang Theory sofa” you can probably just about see it - enough to see it’s big, leather, and maybe even that crochet throw.

Stuff like that is visualisation as much as a fancy astral temple or a spirit realm!

TV and the mongrel creations of a half-realised muggle paradise are as adaptable for occult work as anything from some ancient Tibetan parchment, or forgotten grimoire… :wink:

Another thing is if you can mentally “see” the ste of a TV show you know well, I always use Frasier as an example because that set’s stunning (IMO anyway) but things like Big Bang Theory, Friends, Dexter, in other words every sitcom and almost every serial have a central set - and we know it when we see it, (obviously) which means it;s stored in our memories.

if I say “Big Bang Theory sofa” you can probably just about see it - enough to see it’s big, leather, and maybe even that crochet throw.

Stuff like that is visualisation as much as a fancy astral temple or a spirit realm!

TV and the mongrel creations of a half-realised muggle paradise are as adaptable for occult work as anything from some ancient Tibetan parchment, or forgotten grimoire… ;)[/quote]

I’m gonna soul travel and sit in Sheldon’s spot.

No “Soft Kitty” for YOU! :stuck_out_tongue:

But seriously, anyone who can see what that is, is visualising! :slight_smile:

Okay, thanks for all your advices, I’ll give each of them a try.
But how about scrying and visualization, are those two interconnected in some way? Because everyone here seems to have no trouble in at least getting to this famous white fog, and I just cannot see anything…

Again, I think you’re pressing too hard. You need to enter your scrying sessions in a state of non expectation. When you enter in a state of expectation, you’re actually shutting yourself down because you’re so focused on your expectation. Relax, quiet your mind, and be willing to accept whatever you get, even if it’s nothing. Maybe try some rhythmic, hypnotic music to focus on.

If you close your eyes and visualize, which I find much easier, while having your face pointed at the candle’s flame, will it still have as much of an impact? Sure, the flame is the gateway, but it’s your will, your inner desire that is equally important in magick. Why can’t I light some candles on my altar and close my eyes to visualize my desire? Serious question.

How about masturbation?I think it’s a form of visualization and an easy way to recall or even create memories.Thinking of that hot girl-dude while masturbating isn’t visualization?
Plus the fact that the nervus system is responding to your thoughts and you feel horny.Almost like magic.

You probably can, but have you never stared at something so long that everything goes kind of yellow and blue (it may be different colours for you) and ceases to look normal, anyway?

If not, try it - I did it all the time as a kid, you can make horizontal lines start to seesaw! But otherwise, yes, why not - just aim your intent.

THANK YOU, I mean come on folks, I’ve been hinting that you should “daydream” and apparently y’all don’t rev the engine ever and therefore can’t possibly IMAGINE anyone you want to get it on with!

What the hell exactly do you imagine when you pet the poodle? Nothing? Sounds? JAZZ?! :stuck_out_tongue: