Question Regarding Self Defense

Hi, I have a question regarding psychic self defense and spiritual boundaries. I’ve browsed through the forum to view shielding/warding practices and have googled ways to cleanse and set up better boundaries. I was wondering if I could speak to an experienced, trustworthy practitioner privately.

Generally speaking, it’s usually better to stick with wards and shielding in terms of defense. This can be practiced by visualization most readily, drawing the energies around you and forming them into a protective covering over your body. Of course salt lines can always be helpful, and having a few wards in place in your home or vehicle is also helpful as well. Of course, a good ritual to use can be the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram, or the headless rite if you do more chaos magick instead, to cleanse the general area of all forces in general. For rune based magecraft, i’d recommend Thurisaz, or Thorn as the rune to evoke a strong protection, that throws the curses of an enemy back at them as well if you are worried about that. Algiz also helps too, although is more of a shielding warding rune instead, but protects against all forms of attack even those unseen or not thought of.

I’d also highly recommend the banishment given in chapter 4 of EA’s kingdoms of flame book, as it has served well for me in many environments too.

Of course sometimes there are situations which can’t really be resolved with purely defensive works. In these I usually first would suggest reconnaissance through divination to discover who may be working against you, and to help in deciding the next steps to take. It’s helpful to know which spirits your enemy is aligned with, as they may not necessarily assist you in an attack against one of their own allies. Depending on your level of skill, evoking a spirit against them can be a good next step, I’d definitely recommend Keltar from the Third kingdom of the night (also from kingdoms of flame), especially if you also share a fire aspect affiliation, because he really does enjoy fire. Of course for myself, I usually prefer more chaosy sympathetic methods such as destroying an effigy of the person, or if you have personal items, using them can be pretty effective against a specific person too. Then there is also vampirism which i enjoy, where you suck the life out of them to empower yourself, ridding yourself of an enemy and also gaining their strength.

I know if it’s someone you still want to get on good terms with in the future for some reason though, Marbas is recommended as a good demon to work with for that, although tbh I havn’t actually worked with him yet, but i’ve heard good things.

The most important thing to do though, is to focus first on shielding and centering yourself, as a strong foundation will help you to weather a stronger force if they can’t be destroyed outright.

2 Likes

Thank you for your detailed reply. Greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Usually, I just trust that I stay protected always with regard to spiritual/psychic defense and boundaries. I had a slight “issue” that I remember after some “curse work” or “darker” magick but that’s pretty much been the only issue I’ve had regarding spiritual/psychic defense and boundaries. It’s good that you’ve looked into protection and cleansing, these are both really important and some weight should placed on re-emphasizing their role regularly. For example, many nights I go over some basic protection and cleansing of my self spiritually, physically, and I include the space that I’m in.

I’m interested in this “deeply personal matter.” Because really, if you’re trying to hurt someone you should expect a little to have to reaffirm your (self) protectedness because the nature of this work and how it interacts with your mind. Regardless, I suggest you set some time aside and meditate.

I would meditate first on healing (from what’s happened) breifly and then on some general light protection. Then, and this is really the focal point I suggest, meditate on who caused you to feel unprotected (to at least some extent) and why. Why they did it some, but mostly why it worked. No One should be able to make you feel this way and the sooner you know how it happened the sooner you should be able to keep it from happening again. And then, close with some more protection meditation/Lesser Banishing Ritual/Angelic stuff/really whatever you like best. And then some more “healing” which means step away from the incident and notice how it impacted you and know that you never have to feel that again.

And because I’m me, I might do something vengeful but that’s not really part of this. The only time I get interested in hurting others is with regard to future concerns. So like, if you threaten me I’m gonna do my best to destroy your world because I value mine; or I’ll say it again, I value the lives of some people more than others so if you threaten them same deal.

3 Likes

I appreciate the reply. I’m interested in protecting myself from the massive amounts of harm I’ve endured over the past year due to complex reasons. Essentially, someone launched a smear campaign against me/my reputation in the magical field after I encountered a harmful group of people which I declined to partake in. They used complex magic attacks combined with general forms of harrassment/abuse to destroy my relationships and dehumanize me on almost a daily basis. Irrespective of my reputation - because I know myself - my main concern is the steps these people have taken to harm my friends. The attack went from solely to me, to almost everyone around me whom I’m connected to and could possibly receive help from. The situation has gotten out of hand entirely.

1 Like

Yes, using spirits is so great and I haven’t even included it in my own response :disappointed_relieved:.

I’ll suggest some too, Lucifer (who is pretty against betrayal and the like), Loki for general but not usually ultimate destruction. And Marbaras or Glasya-Labolas or others that are similar for more severe afflictions. For protection, Lucifer again, and any others @OmniNuem feels personally close to.

2 Likes