Question on using Idols/Statues for Evocation

I’m soon purchasing a few statues to practice evocation with, from the Greco-Roman and Egyptian pantheon.

However, I’m wondering whether they will still act as ‘gateways’ like charged sigils even after the ritual is completed? I know the answer is probably ‘it depends’ or ‘sometimes’, but in such a case how would I fully close them? I know it could be beneficial if working with the particular god for some time, but there’s going to be multiple and it’s largely for practice. I’m creating a temple space and I wouldn’t want it becoming too cluttered!

Thank you

2 Likes

you will probably get communication from all of them in the measure that it is needed
they wont be all yelling at once
but if you need advice they will help

2 Likes

They usually step back so you work with a particular deity and come through only if they have something importand to say. As @Teodoro_Fortunato said, it’s not like they will be yelling all at once above your head. You can always set boundaries or use a banishing ritual, tho I don’t banish the ones I worked with.

2 Likes

Yes they work because you set the intend, make the connection. I come from a Christian believe and I still have artifacts here. But Lucifer or Lilith don’t mind. And the energies work because you call them and end a certain ritual. ‘You may leave in peace’.

Same situation is when you keep Angelic and Demonic Sigils. They come when charged, called and leave when the ritual is ended. Even now certain energies i don’t dismiss because they are really close to me.

4 Likes

Nice, I was assuming there’d be a constant lingering energy which could be distracting or something. Happy to hear they can function as gateways without doing so.

Thank you

1 Like