Question on Sigils

Can you use sigils that have your own intent? What I mean by this is that I don’t feel comfortable using sigils that involve spirits and demons, I get REALLY, REALLY paranoid. So is just making a sigil yourself fine, instead of using a demon’s sigil? Also, I’m not a Christian, or a Satanist, does your religion have an impact in using your own sigils? To go in to more detail, will I be attracting demons/spirits when using my own sigils, as I do NOT want to work with spirits and such forth.

Thanks

Get a couple books on magick, not grimoires as they’ll be useless at this stage but beginners guides, they will answer all your questions as well as give you foundation to build and practice from. At this point even if I answered every question you have you’d have no solid footing to get started and would only lead to frustration and dissapontment on your end.

$15-20 will get you “Hands On Chaos Magic” which is a damn good book and will give you a soild base. It is designed to take a beginner and transform them into a fairly competent magician in 2 to 3 years.

I cant get books, i just want to know that is using sigils of your own creation lead to demons/spirits? I’m not confortable using demon’s sigils. Trust me, im more smarter than you think…u just might not see it

Your right I don’t.

Depends what the intent behind the sigil is, a sigil is far more than a squiggle on a piece of paper you beat off to or gaze into or burn in a fire or bury in the ground or hide in an area. When you understand what all it can do you can understand how to use it. I can create a sigil that attracts demons or repels them, I can make a sigil that filters out particular types of energy and allows other to pass through.

What are you using the sigil for, what is the intent behind it? Depending on he energy of the sigil you could attract all kinds of things.

[quote="-TWF-, post:5, topic:2276"]Your right I don’t.

Depends what the intent behind the sigil is, a sigil is far more than a squiggle on a piece of paper you beat off to or gaze into or burn in a fire or bury in the ground or hide in an area. When you understand what all it can do you can understand how to use it. I can create a sigil that attracts demons or repels them, I can make a sigil that filters out particular types of energy and allows other to pass through.

What are you using the sigil for, what is the intent behind it? Depending on he energy of the sigil you could attract all kinds of things.[/quote]

It is a love and a sigil to help me pass my exam…

That’s very vague, romantic love, lust/sex, get a girl to fall in love, screw you? How do you want to go it? Do you want her compelled or dominated, gently pushed or persuaded, do you want her to just notice you and you take care of the rest, do you want her insane with desire and ready to kill herself if she can’t have you?

gently pushed, a little bit of sex…thats all really…for my exam one, I want to get a C or above…

Separate the two, one sigil for each goal. Create a statement of intent and make sigil from it. If you have any knowledge of occult symbolism you can add that in to the sigil as well. Do you know how to charge a sigil or open one?

Since books aren’t an option read through this
http://www.chaosmatrix.org/

[quote="-TWF-, post:9, topic:2276"]Separate the two, one sigil for each goal. Create a statement of intent and make sigil from it. If you have any knowledge of occult symbolism you can add that in to the sigil as well. Do you know how to charge a sigil or open one?

Since books aren’t an option read through this
http://www.chaosmatrix.org/[/quote]

yes, you have to visualize what you want, when u start to see the lines come up and float and all that stuff, that’s when its open. so, will this sigil attract demons, even though I have created it? may I also ask how long have u been doing magick for?

You seem very caught up with the concept of demons plop442. With that kind of baggage you don’t need magic to attract them, they will find you. There is some truth to the notion that we attract what we think about most.

I would suggest working on banishings first.

BTW this is my 666th post. :slight_smile:

so, will this sigil attract demons, even though I have created it? may I also ask how long have u been doing magick for?

The sigil will attract the kind of energy your working with, there are demons that cause love just as there are angels and elementals and god and goddesses who all do the same. For the most part you should be fine but that’s no gaurantee as there are no guarantees. Be sure and concise with your intent, treat as if you were a lawyer making a contract be as clear as possible. The more vague you are the more room you leave for things to work out not as you intended.

As for myself I’ve been practicing divination close to 12 years and 4 years of steady practicing of magick not counting the dabbling here and there before that.

[quote="-TWF-, post:12, topic:2276"]

so, will this sigil attract demons, even though I have created it? may I also ask how long have u been doing magick for?

The sigil will attract the kind of energy your working with, there are demons that cause love just as their are angels and elementals and god and goddesses who all do the same. For the most part you should be fine but that’s no gaurantee as there are no guarantees. Be sure and concise with your intent, treat as if you were a lawyer making a contract be as clear as possible. The more vague you are the more room you leave for things to work out not as you intended.

As for myself I’ve been practicing divination close to 12 years and 4 years of steady practicing of magick not counting the dabbling here and there before that.[/quote]

ok, when u say be consice, do you mean I should write something like this “my will is that xxxxxx would fall in love with me, but I want no harm done to anyone”…or do I just write my will is to have sex with xxxxx…?

I would go with “It is my will/desire that Mary Jane becomes attracted to me and begins a sexually and emotionally fulfilling relationship.” If you just want to get laid I’d go with something like “It is my desire that Mary Jane becomes sexually attracted to me and fulfills my sexual desires.”

Now go do some reading and learn the rest yourself, that’s half the adventure.

[quote="-TWF-, post:14, topic:2276"]I would go with “It is my will/desire that Mary Jane becomes attracted to me and begins a sexually and emotionally fulfilling relationship.” If you just want to get laid I’d go with something like “It is my desire that Mary Jane becomes sexually attracted to me and fulfills my sexual desires.”

Now go do some reading and learn the rest yourself, that’s half the adventure.[/quote]

thanks, boss! you’ve been a great help, I just don’t know how u can do evocations and sigil magick… aren’t u scared of being possessed or being haunted by these demons and spirits? I know its a matter of being confident and fearless, but its demons that your encountering, I mean, aren’t demons EVIL? don’t they lie, don’t they possess? I see people who making threads on demons answering questions as if their angels, I find it so fucking ironic…

Then stay out of the occult. Spirits are all around you and interact with you all the time whether you like it or not.