Question on Santa Muerte altars

Hello everyone, I just had a question regarding Santa muerte. So I have in my study a small altar dedicated to St. Expedite, but my spouse is now going to start working with Santa Muerte, which I’m totally fine with. Anyway, Our place isn’t too big so we would probably have to put both altars in the same room. I would never put both of them on the same altar of course, but I know some spirits can be jealous, or picky about their neighbors so to speak.

Would it be fine for both of the Saints to be in the same bedroom with their respective altars? Should they be in adjacent corners, Or can the altars be near each other as long as they are separate. I don’t want to be disrespectful towards any Saints or spirits, and I am not familiar with the temperament or relationship of these spirits toward each other. Any insight or opinion is welcome, thank you!

1 Like

Hmm… I don’t know about those two together. I’m don’t know St. Expidite.

I have a few people that I know that have Santa Muerte Altars though…and they have other spirits in the room…so I know she is fine with neighbors based on that.

I would suggest doing divination to find the right set up…maybe use a pendulum… or you can place them together and see what the energy feels like. Let them know you mean no respect but you are trying to do your best and ask them to let you know how they feel about being together.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, I think I will definitely try to send if this is a good idea. I feel that everything will be fine if they are simply neighbors, but I will use divination to doublecheck.

1 Like

No problem! Good luck!

1 Like

You can have one altar for Santa Muerte and several other in the same room without any problem, the only issue is to put other Saint and Spirits on the same altar.

1 Like

Thank you, I suspected this, but it’s good to hear

The 3 people that I know, in Mexico, who work with Santa Muerte say - very emphatically NO. In there altar rooms, She is the only one there. One of them has several of different colors, supposedly for different things, but the rest are the traditonal black robed one. They are all Curanderas and seem to unanimously relate Santa Muerte to the Aztec goddess of death. They say she is jealous, muy muy serio and only used for very serious difficult matters, not routine mundane stuff like love spells.

1 Like