Question on incantation

Hello all,

I am planning to do my first evocation and I wanted to ask something which is important to me, because I don’t want anything to go wrong or anything to be done wrong. I intend to use E.A.'s incantation for summoning any spirit and while I have tried to memorize it, it is quite long and I was wondering if I hand write it down on a piece of paper if that will take away from the possible outcome of the evocation? Will my concentration on the text take away from my charging of the sigil?

Thanks in advance.

You may find it’s different for you, but I would venture that it wouldn’t. Because they’re not even words in your everyday language that your mind tries on some level to process, if you relax into the right state then you should be able to read them almost without paying attention to them, like someone else is reading them and you’re aware of it but not attached, if that makes sense. I’ve used that for some of EA’s chants, and some Latin incantations with no problem at all.

Also, whether read or memorized, don’t worry yourself if you realize that you’ve begun mangling and distorting the phrases, this seems to happen regularly to plenty of people once they really get ‘into’ it, but you’ll definitely be able to sense that it’s still effective, so just go with it. Normal, everyday consciousness is your enemy here.

Thank you for the reply. I see what you mean and I will take this to heart. I usually have little problem getting into the “zone” when doing spell work, but as I said, this is my first evocation and I just want it to go without a hitch. Something in my mind still says to me “if you don’t do it exactly right the spirit won’t come to you.” Whether or not that’s true, who knows, but I just wanted to throw this out there. I also sometimes have trouble maintaining the trance state to where I will just lose it and never truly enter back into that state.

Well anyway, thank you again.