Question: distinction between lucid dreaming and soul travel/obe

I’ve had a breakthrough with consciously falling asleep, entering the hypnogogic/phantasmogoric state, then into a vibration state followed by a conscious exit, although lack of visual awareness immediately following was removed by affirming the intent ‘clarity now’ using bulman’s technique. I was not aware of nor did I see my body upon exit. I believe that my body was sleeping at the time of the exit, or I was in full pratyahara, which I doubt since I was in my bed trying to sleep.

I did notice a greater than usual amount of awareness compared to my normal lucid dreams and the location of the dream was initially in the location I was sleeping. I had more conscious recall and volition and was able to recall intent and make choices and perform some tests to verify with others afterward (with no solid info this time, which leads me to think this was a dream).

I re-entered the vibratory state and woke up directly having not lost consciousness, with much more than usual specific recall and memory of the ‘dream’.

I’m wondering what those of you have experienced that you’d be willing to share, those who have experience with both lucid dreaming and soul travel/ap/oe and how the experience differs for you.

Thanks.

I did OBE once in my life and i can say for sure that has nothing to do with lucid dreaming.I went to sleep as usual, and suddenly i was standing at the edge of my bed,looking at my body.
The feeling of freedom and bliss was overwhelming.The first thought i did was’‘I don’t want to return in this cold body again’’.
I jumped outside from my window and i rose up in the sky observing the town from high above,seeing almost at the end of the horizon.After a while,i returned to my body and woke up.The next day i was depressed and sad and it lasted the whole day.Everything was cold,and meaningless and i knew i was back to prison again.

[quote=“dron, post:2, topic:5664”]The feeling of freedom and bliss was overwhelming.The first thought i did was’‘I don’t want to return in this cold body again’’.

The next day i was depressed and sad and it lasted the whole day.Everything was cold,and meaningless and i knew i was back to prison again.[/quote]

THIS x 100000000000000000

this is the reason why AP is so depressing unless you can AP like a boss

I had almost the same experience . I was sleeping and looking at my body in the position i was sleeping and also I heard a buzz commnig closer and closer.The second experience . I was sleeping but also been perfectly aware knowing exactly the position i am sleeping. Trying to wake up but something or someone opposing resistance and also pushing me down . It was very scarry!

If you felt like your entire body was unable to move–like an incredible heaviness you couldn’t break past, it was most likely sleep paralysis.

Now, if you felt hands on you, or saw an outline of a figure or something like that, then it may have been an entity, but many people mistake being unable to move for some type of hostile encounter with an entity, when in reality it is only sleep paralysis.

When you enter the sleep state, the body induces a state of paralysis so that while dreaming, the individual does not act out their dreams. It is a self-defense mechanism designed to keep us from hurting ourselves.

However, sometimes the individual becomes conscious while still in this state. It could take a little bit for the body to catch up with the mind and disengage the paralysis state. This is not harmful, and if you ever wake up like that again, you should take it as a good sign, as your mind is waking up in the state ideal for achieving astral projection. So, instead of fighting it by trying to move around, why not just attempt an exit into the astral?

Thanks for the feedback guys, I will keep on with my experiments.