Question about offerings

I know that this is a basic question but if I am to offer a spirit a drink, how long do I let it stay out for them to absorb essence of the drink?

1 Like

I generally leave it overnight on the altar and pour it outside in the morning

5 Likes

Right. Leave it over night then typically return the item to nature.

2 Likes

Thank you all very much! I shall do that! Think just a big glass is fine ?haha so basic but I wanna know what’s perfect :ok_hand:

If it’s on an altar to the deity i always have a drink and water offering on the altar. I change it when the water gets cloudy. That could be over night or a week. It depends on the environment i guess - and the deity because some entities have their glasses stay fine and others typically turn theirs completely nasty in 2 days. If the water glass doesn’t look clear, like you could drink from it, wash it. As far as the drinks, i offer shots and wine depending on the deity. I leave them for up to a week depending on how they look. The food I leave a couple days unless it is something like cake or cookies or things that go bad quick. Then it gets dumped the next day.

1 Like

Thank you very much ! That sounds really good!

Just the same amount of wine as you would offer a friend. And some water. Oh, and if its a blood ritual use a little of your own blood - NEVER sacrifice a poor animal for your intent.