Question about Autogenic Training

Hey All,

I want to try the autogenic training as a prelude to my practice , but I am unsure if the phrases are repeated mentally or out loud. Does it matter?

Edit: Never mind. I reread the book and answered my own question. LOL

1 Like

[quote=“DarkestKnight, post:1, topic:2776”]Hey All,

I want to try the autogenic training as a prelude to my practice , but I am unsure if the phrases are repeated mentally or out loud. Does it matter?

Edit: Never mind. I reread the book and answered my own question. LOL[/quote]

Prelude to what practice?

My magick practice. I’m looking for things to help deepen my T/G Sync.

1 Like

I’m interested in how this develops.

again, i’m seeing this for the first time.

keep in mind t/g sync is really just intense concentration. autogenic training trains you to relax at a deeper level which makes it easier to get into a trance, but it’s the concentration induction that will get you there.

i kind of look at autogenic training as soaking the veggie in water to make it softer, so when you cut it you cut deeper and faster. autogenic training is the water you soak the veggie in but the gazing technique is the knife you use to cut it.

[quote=“DarkestKnight, post:1, topic:2776”]Hey All,

I want to try the autogenic training as a prelude to my practice , but I am unsure if the phrases are repeated mentally or out loud. Does it matter?[/quote]

to be honest, i’ve done both. but here’s the thing: i got way better results when i would say the phrase in my head on inhales, and then repeat it on exhales. that way the commands form a repeating loop that doesn’t stop, and as your breathing slows down, you sink deeper into trance.

now, for the t/g sync exercise i used and still use from time to time, it’s based on photofocus. this is how i did it: [url=http://bit.ly/TywSRY]http://bit.ly/TywSRY[/url] after doing that about a dozen times i got to the point where i can get into t/g sync in about 5 minutes. the key is to WAIT for the t/g sync to come in and not to rush it. if you rush it or try to force it and get impatient, it takes longer and you lose it. if you take it easy and simply notice that it’s happening it comes to you a lot quicker.

finally, in order to keep from developing a cross-eyed condition and balance out my eye fixation, i also use a photofocus technique of looking THROUGH the sigil to a point BEHIND it as well as the 0.5mm pencil. i alternate them now. most of the time i look at a point about a foot BEHIND the sigil to see beyond it. that makes it diverge. when i can’t seem to lock that point in bc of distraction or whatever, i go to the pencil and that locks me in. you use whatever works and don’t be too proud to rely on props, they keep you honest. i use the pencil to get t/g sync the same way a guitarist or drummer would use a metronome to keep their time solid. props are good

Either I am retarded or I have stumbled onto something. I believe by experience) that you can achieve the T/G state with intence consentration as well as a completely empty mind. Both ways have been usefull to me. constructive critasism welcome in pm form. don’t want to steal Darkest Knight’s thunder

you’re right ovwolves, you can get t/g sync both ways. hypnotic trance is really just intense concentration under relaxation. but most people have monkey mind and their attention wanders, so t/g sync is hard to pin down.

that’s why i suggested hypnotic or autogenic training to get relaxation, and then photofocus with pencils as props to lock in the focus.

at and pencil photofocus are cheats but they are very helpful for locking t/g sync in in hours or days rather than fighting with it for weeks. nobody has time to fight with the basics. let’s find cheats that get those problems out of the way so we can get into the real tech asap.