Quareia course

Hello all!

Thanks to guidance from here I officially started the Quareia course this morning. I’m pretty well versed in meditation so I shouldn’t need to spend too long on module 1

Just wondered how others further through were finding it. Any hints or tips?

1 Like

Oh, didn’t expect someone studying Quareia here!

It has been a great, comprehensive course, though I use it with the IIH which I think has been recommended here frequently as well. It’s a good foundation, though of course it can’t cover everything. I found it excellent to supplement the gaps in my knowledge, as I came from an eclectic magic background and totally skipped over things like astrology and healing.

I think consistency is really the key, because the course has a lot of concurrent exercises and you have to log almost everything if you’re aiming for mentoring. The FB group (both) has a lot of helpful people, so if you run into any issues, they’ll help!

4 Likes

Good for you! It’s good to see someone making a commitment to a school! You’ll get better training from a legitimate school than from any video course and grimoire. At the beginning stage; just watch and observe the behaviour of experienced others participating in the group; especially the leadership and ask yourself if their behaviour demonstrates the level of psycho-spiritual growth you aspire to. If not ,leave; it is either a legitimate school gone into stagnation and decay or was never legitimate to begin with. If they do demonstrate the expected standards of behaviour, then kudos to you! You’ve found yourself a valuable magical / spiritual tool.

2 Likes

Yup still at the apprentice stage and only a few modules in. Will need to get my act together and really go for this…

1 Like

I highly recommend this course :heart:
Free and complete.

2 Likes

Have you completed the course? What were your experiences?

I spent a few months on this five years ago but it’s definitely not for me. I’m always really curious to hear what other folks got out of it!

1 Like

I really likes the work on land spirits, ancestors and sleepers in the land. That’s good information that’s ignored by western occultism, that acts like the practitioner is an island entire unto himself. We are not: we are interconnected and magick fails when this is not accounted for. Quariea excels at working with and within those relationships.

Most of Quariea agrees independently with qigong/fung shui and shamanistic approaches, only using different language. It’s based in the language of JCI, but if you can read past that the interpretations are still pointing to the same underlying mechanisms and you can edit to suit. That though, means you have to have enough experience across the board to read between the lines. Otherwise you have to take the whole thing as read, and the JCI aspects can be off-putting for those with JCI trauma in tier history who have shadow work still to do on it.

Edit to add: I actually have no problem with Quareia from the perspective of my “allergy” to “worship” despite the JCI influences. It’s not a system that asks you to give your power away, as opposed to recognising the power in the forces and entities. In contrast I have a much bigger issue with religions like Demonolatry which I see as disempowering and limited, they tell you how to think/feel and Quariea, which is not a religion but a philosophy, does not.

7 Likes

I’m just going through module 2 from the level Apprentice and tbh i think i’m re learning everything i thought i already got.

McCarthy goes deeper than what most of magick books tell you, yet it remains understandable.

I showed the program to 3 of my friends who are bosses in high magick and they all validated the content.

2 Likes

I intend to go through that program, I just don’t feel ready to start yet.

There are 3 levels (Beginners, Initiated and Master)
Each level has 10 modules.
Each module has 8 lessons of 20 pages.

You can just take lessons one by one, even if you don’t do everything the author recommends you will still gain precious informations you don’t find in other books.

2 Likes

Thank you. I want to be sure that I will be able to dedicate myself completely.
There is really a lot of useful information.

1 Like

Are you doing practical magick while doing the quareia modules?
I was interested in this course but the community is very hostile and rude to people who do practical magick. They said those people are stupid, selfish and will suffer negative coincidences in the afterlife.
I really wanted to try it but seeing how judgemental and toxic their community is I don’t think I will.

Also, I want to build my own magickal tools based on the golden dawn tradition and not how quareia tells us to do it. Do you think the course is worth doing anyway even though I’m only interested in practical magick and will skip the tool making modules?

1 Like

Well you can try most of exercices for sure, using your own system, throught forms and UPG.

One of them ask to “dedicate yourself” to Quareia tho…
Ofc i can only advice you not to.

However, the majority of the work is actually useful to develop your own ritual system and how to properly visualize or connect to beings.