Pulling the cord

Just a general introduction and question. 1st off just reclaiming my own mind at the age of 51. Better to start the journey now than never at all.
Now the question. In the Anthologie of Sorcery vs the separate books what are the reasons for the vastly different page count? Size of pages? Retool of material. Price difference between buying on website more expensive than on Amazon why? Hard vs soft cover? Looking to make the purchase.

Welcome @Thisisnotmyname1 Please tell us about yourself. This post doesn’t tell us anything about you or any experience you may have in magick and does not meet our requirement.

Where are you from?

Do you have any experience in magick?

If so, what do you practice and how long have you practiced it?

If not, what areas of magick are you interested in learning?

More information is required for a proper introduction as it helps us to provide appropriate advice and direction.

1 Like

Alright we will make this part 2. Coming from the Western New York area it is very hard to find someone who doesn’t want to talk about how effective they are. If you want to be buried up to your ass and high priestesses and high priests then this would be the place to start… Which is why I just stay in the peripheral vision of everyone just watching if there’s something to learn. If there is actually one thing I can brag about it is the uncountable amount of failures that I have excelled at when trying anything. No this is not admission of defeat. This just means that somehow I know there is something just out of my reach that I’m just about to do or about to do or just about to learn. As far as the type of magic I would have to say I will use whatever works. After starting to meditate on regular basis I have been more drawn to what you would call Luciferian. There is no dire Strait, I don’t want to save the world from itself nor do feel like I’m on any kind of super secret spiritual mission. It seems suddenly I have just woken up with a huge hunger for personal freedom and yes a mild taste for power to affect my environment.
If I seemed hesitant to introduce myself off at 1st it was because I am trying to stay away from from what I guess you would consider the ever popular guru and the huge trap of self deception. This has included the start of rebuilding my body as well as my spirit and mind. The beauty of rebellion and and beings my mind mind cannot fully comprehend almost brings me to tears of joy. So hopefully this part of it has qualified as an introduction.

1 Like

Hey hey now…literally right up my alley. Welcome to the forum :wave:t5:

I haven’t come across any other practitioners here, but then again, I haven’t really put it out there that this is what I do, so I haven’t really had a reason to talk about it.

You still haven’t actually answered my questions regarding any magical experience you have.

Not sure on that one but the listing should show the page count and so on (if this is still on your mind).

That’s fair enough. :+1:

The reason we ask people for some kind of baseline of experience to date, and it doesn’t have to be too personal or anything, is that we have this phenom which strikes occasionally, whereby people join up saying they’re pretty new, then within a few months, or even sometimes days, they begin spinning a line as though they’d been practicing for 20+ years and had multiple initiations in various paths.

Why this happens I don;t know, I think a lot of people hold magick in the same mental category as “bit of a laugh, roleplaying time” or something.

Now, I’m not saying YOU are about to do this, but if we let some loopholes creep in, the bulshitters will spot them and begin styling themselves the same.

So, to cut the crap, what we’re asking is, what kind of thing got you into magick, roughly how long have you practiced, and do you have any initiations, anything like that?

I say again this isn’t to delve into personal details, but just so the bullshit artists can’t start evading doing an intro.

We’ve had this rule for 7 years, it’s worked really well, including ID-ing various scammy types, so that’s why we chase it up. :smiley:
Hope that makes snese! :+1:

4 Likes

I haven’t practiced anything for very long. Always wondered about universal constants that that no one in physics would do much to explain other than tell me they are universal constants. The fudge factors that people put into their equations to make them work. Other things like sometimes traveling somewhere and passing houses that I distinctly remember not being there before or traveling towards places that supposedly never were there in the first place. This is over the course of time. Then thinking to myself if my imagination is to blame for these things who cares?? If my imagination can make those things happen then imagine what I could do if I put my mind into it. However if it actually happened even better. In the not too distant past I picked up a book by Peter J Carrol at a garage sale. It struck a tone. So I started looking more and doing simple exercises. Once I started meditating more often I then ran into Mr.Koetting and Mr. Ford in print. Started reading. And the material started kicking me in the head. Knew I was going in the right direction for me. Then when I decided to download and print out my free copy of become a living God the fax mode died and the print head seized after printing the last page. Yes the printer was well used but I found it strange it was the last thing it would ever print. Possibly thinking of having it bronzed and put on an altar. When I get to the point where I build one that is. So about 6 and a 1/2 ,7 months of hands on. No help no cheerleading section no inductions or anything of the like.The only thing I really hope to accomplish is the furthering of my own plans and desires from summoning and possibly even being summoned. That’s a little bit of a hint that I’m interested to find out if it works both ways. Now that I am horribly bored with my own speech patterns I will now without hesitation hit the ever popular send button and see if this does the trick.

1 Like

Yup, and many thanks, your time is appeciated! :+1:

1 Like

Nice to semi meet you.

1 Like