Prophetic dream came true

So this morning I had a very forceful dream. It was that the tail light on my motorcycle was out. I forgot about it until I was about to ride it this evening. Then I was compelled to check it. It was out. Weird.

A phenomenon known in Hoodoo as dreaming true.

You saved yourself by dreaming yourself.

I recently attemptted to create an egregore designed to protect me. This may be part of it.

This has happened to me too. I have the specifics in my magick journal but it’s happened multiple times.

That’s one entry for your Proof Folder, jboy! :slight_smile:

I’m 100% immersed in the reality of magick, but even I like to take out a few special events that were remarkable from my own mental folder, and remind myself of the way they happened, because we’re bombarded 24/7 with mundane nonsense whose sole purpose is to strip us of belief in our own power, nobility, and innate dignity.

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:6, topic:8390”]That’s one entry for your Proof Folder, jboy! :slight_smile:

I’m 100% immersed in the reality of magick, but even I like to take out a few special events that were remarkable from my own mental folder, and remind myself of the way they happened, because we’re bombarded 24/7 with mundane nonsense whose sole purpose is to strip us of belief in our own power, nobility, and innate dignity.[/quote] Perfectly said, Lady Eva.

Lady Eva: Yes indeed. This type of thing builds my faith for sure. In my judgement, there is a high probability that this was NOT mere chance. For me, this is a far better “proof” than asking a spirit to find me a job in my field of expertise, sending out tons of resumes to places where I have contacts, and then getting the job. That type of thing is no proof at all for me. This was different. So today I actually spent a couple hours “fine-tuning” my egregore in the local park. I am a little gun shy to do this because in RavensAscent’s YouTube video she warns people not to attempt this unless they have 5 or 6 years of experience in working with entities. I think I will be fine.

I watched a YouTube video which said that you should set a time limit of 2 weeks for how long the Servitore (egregore) will work for you due to the fact that it can take on its own life and begin to work against you. But I have programmed it to never turn against me. Am I naive? Am I unsafe?

All that exists seems to seek more life, I could tell you some stories about “egregores” taking on a life of their own, but the most recent example I’ve just posted here - a fictional character I like a lot just randomly turning up, pulling up a chair, and making himself part of my spiritual gang.

That means a thought pattern held in my mind (and echoed in millions of others) has developed agency, and essentially begun the progression towards being a discreet life form. And I’m going to help him every step of the way! :slight_smile:

I don’t think most egregores will decide to randomly turn on you, if you program them right, but I do believe (and have posted before) that unless you’re going into the abortionist business of making life then killing it, becoming a one-man troll god of your own creations, you’re best off setting them completely free after they’ve not been worked with for say 3 months, and the price of that freedom is that they never work against you or your interests.

That way you’re a creator of favourable spirits who can populate the biosphere, and not an asshole slaver or jailer.

I feel quite strongly about this, and I know other people’s views differ, but that’s my take on it.

Things only seem to go wrong when people create powerful exgregores then neglect to either work with them, or to set them free to develop to their fullest, like keeping a neglected child locked in a room - sooner or later little It will turn into a bored, hungry, and angry adult.

If you plan to create then erase, model the egregore on machinery, and don’t permit it any sentience or agency, that way you’re not killing something that wants to live, and the egregore’s aspirations and your own will never be in conflict.

The egregore I am creating is a self-reliant, somewhat angry Native American warrior. 32 years old. He does not like “The Man” in all of its oppressive forms. His task is protect me from The Man. He is charged with foreseeing ways in which The Man (and other things) may hurt me in my goal of obtaining self-reliance and financial independence. I have programmed him to never turn against me. I have not yet set a time limit to his service. In my mind, I want him to be with me forever under the parameters that I describe above. Is that unwise?

Bind him to never harm you, your interests etc., and then add the condition that should you ever forget about him, or decide you no longer wish to use his services, he’s released under Belial’s care as a free being to do as he wills, with those conditions being the contract he must accept in order to gain his freedom.

Belial seems like his closest spiritual ally and releasing him into the care of a larger spirit means he has someone to look out for him, and the prospect of a long and fulfilling existence.