Proper behavior towards new spirits

I’ve been wondering how one should treat a demon that they have just met. From my understanding you have to be demanding yet respectful. What do you guys think?

3 Likes

IMO, treat it like i f you rang a powerful businessman you respect for his wisdom, to ask if he can go into partnership with you on a project where you know he might benefit as well: don’t grovel, or put yourself down, but don’t try to play powergames either, or be cheeky or aggressive.

Be professional - there’s enough weirdness inherent to magick (and spirits are summoned by enough hysterical and unstable people) that a businesslike manner will be appreciated by most spirits when you first approach them.

Some spirits will earn your love and respect, and even reverence, others will remain on a more professional basis. Maintaining this manner has helped me, and I think they appreciate people who make that effort to put on a solid and professional demeanour, no matter what passions or weirdness lie underneath it all. :slight_smile:

Oh and don’t take anything personally, ever, that’s good advice in life and doubly so on magick, when you’re dealing with completely incomprehensible ancient consciousnesses. :sunglasses:

9 Likes

You determine the relationship you want to hold with the demon. This will depend on your motivations. Are they spiritual motivations? magickal? materialistic? I just posted something in another thread on Lola’s threads regarding the 3 Paths of Spiritual Interaction… so I think you should question your own motives… are your interests shallow or deep? How is your approach? what type of person are you?

3 Likes

Okay so treat how you would another person? Equally and with respect

3 Likes