Problems with Evocation

Hello everyone. Like many I am very new to magic in general. I have not built up a lot of confidence yet. I have leaned more so towards the path of the Vitki and Norse Sorcery in general due to my heritage. I believe I evoked Thor accidently while reading Asbjörn Torvol’s Grimoire. It left me dumbfounded and without me being prepared he left after a few moments. I have tried to Evoke him again as well as other entities properly and have had no success.
Any suggestions?

3 Likes

I think I’ve accidentally evoked or invoked King Paimon at my college once but I apologized and asked him to leave whenever he liked. Had sucess working with him in some meditations.

They have definitely heard you, keep your eyes open for signs.

3 Likes

Thank you for the comment. I am completely lost to say the least. I want to learn from these entities but my experience with Evocation is at zero.

3 Likes

When you were “reading” I think you got so into the trance state! It happens when reading alot! You can evoke just fine but that state is when you can “feel” things. Try creating it again. Evoke and get something to read! Reading might be your “trigger”!

2 Likes

Interesting that you say that because it is something I had considered. Thank ypu for the insight.

2 Likes

My reccomendation is to try shamanic travelling. I know that @Lady_Eva has a thing on it that she’d be willing to get to you. I find it easy to meditate and enter into a deep state of trance, by this point I am only aware of my own consciousness. Then I visualize that I am infront of a large world tree (it’s an Oak in my tradition, but Ash in yours) and then either climb it to go to the realm of the gods and you can speak with Thor there.

Alternatively, you can buy an idol of Thor and use that as an focal point with which to evoke him properly. There’s a good etsy shop called The Nordic Way that has a lot of Nordic idols.

Slava Bogum