Private Forum for Product Owners

I had a thought.

It would be nice to have a forum that is only available for product owners.

For example, if one had the invocation program, they could be a part of that forum - etc.

That might keep things private amongst those that had the material. Just an idea.

if you want to keep things private, use the pm function or the irc channel?

Well, that was the original idea for this forum, but I don’t know whether that’s still the plan.

The PM function would keep things only between two people. And I didn’t realize there’s an IRC channel. In fact, I didn’t realize that anyone used that medium any longer. LOL

What is the IRC channel?

Anyway, what I was thinking of was that this would be a private group just of those that owned the product. That way we all know the foundation of everyone on the form. Or at least we know what the foundation is as relates to this course.

that is the idea of this forum. to be a private forum for those of us who own BALG products. In another thread someone suggested a trial period for new members or private threads for more advanced subject material. Its unfortunate that guys like Soonass can wreak havoc on any thread he comments on devolving the discussion on a regular basis. I think if we keep voicing our concerns Timothy will make some changes in the forum. I remember when I originally joined May of last year, the forum was supposed to be closed after a certain length of time, and add no new members.

[quote=“Mage, post:4, topic:1451”]The PM function would keep things only between two people. And I didn’t realize there’s an IRC channel. In fact, I didn’t realize that anyone used that medium any longer. LOL

What is the IRC channel?

Anyway, what I was thinking of was that this would be a private group just of those that owned the product. That way we all know the foundation of everyone on the form. Or at least we know what the foundation is as relates to this course.[/quote]

[url=http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/general-discussion/balg-irc-chatroom-on-synirc/15/]http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/general-discussion/balg-irc-chatroom-on-synirc/15/[/url]

here s the original post about it

[quote=“Mage, post:4, topic:1451”]The PM function would keep things only between two people. And I didn’t realize there’s an IRC channel. In fact, I didn’t realize that anyone used that medium any longer. LOL

What is the IRC channel?

Anyway, what I was thinking of was that this would be a private group just of those that owned the product. That way we all know the foundation of everyone on the form. Or at least we know what the foundation is as relates to this course.[/quote]

I understand what your asking for and the only way to do that would be to make a completely new forum, give your product registration and wait to be approved by a moderator/admin.

The only problem with that is that you really aren’t going to gain anything from a private forum. The fact that admission is based off of buying a product doesn’t mean your going to get a better community, if nothing else you’ll get a bunch of people who feel entitled since they dropped some cash on a product. You’ll still have no idea of someone’s background except that they had money to spend. People like Sunas or Fluffykatz buy BALG products and others who haven’t the slightest clue what magick is about will be allowed to participate.

If you want to converse exclusively with people who know their shit, send them a pm and exchange email, phone numbers, Skype etc.

Also a making this forum private would not be in the best interest for BALG as a business. A business is always trying to expand, there are always new people joining and reading reviews of the products and basing their decisions off of what they see. Preventing that would mean that BALG would be dependent solely on existing customers to continue buying their products. Some people may buy a few things decide this isn’t for them and move on to something else, this would mean a steady decline in sales which goes against any business model (at least ones that plan to survive).

If you want to make a thread discussing each section of the course then do so. It will work just like the threads for the OAA material, those who have it will no what’s being talked about and those who don’t won’t.

I you just want to feel exclusive just build yourself a clubhouse, mine is awesome.

Excellent points TWF. It actually makes me rethink how I’ve set up some of my own forums.

I was also thinking about that idiot Sunas that spews so much crap throughout all of these posts. But I suppose if he buys the programs, he would have a right to the forums as well.

I wish Tim would use a heavier hand in moderating people like him. But I suppose the day that “heavier hand” came down my way, I would object. LOL

And overall, these forums rock and the camaraderie is incredible.

“you just want to feel exclusive just build yourself a clubhouse, mine is awesome.”
-TWF-

Uhmmmm…well if the rest of us come over to your clubhouse…we are NOT wearing those crazy caps like your avatar!

Can we wear assless chaps?

I wish Tim would use a heavier hand in moderating people like him. But I suppose the day that "heavier hand" came down my way, I would object. LOL

I understand that and up until just a few weeks ago I would have agreed 100%. I can’t speak for Timothy and really don’t have too as he is more than capable, but I think he would prefer if we act like we’re supposed to, magicians. We should be more than capable of conducting ourselves like adults, if there is a poster we don’t like ignore him. If it looks and smells like shit its likely not fresh baked cookies and you should have the common sense not to go reaching for it. Personally I don’t want a bunch of heavy handed mods in here stroking their e-dicks over some perceived position of power. If someone post total shit call them on it and leave it at that or simply ignore it and feel secure in knowing your not falling for their stupidity.

Private forum for product owners is a great idea

there are too many posts from people who have lengthy opinions but are obviously not working with the material

I hope the idea is approved

Really? Coming from you? All I see you post is question after question, when they’re answered you “yeah but” or “what if” your way into more questions or delete your comments when someone shows you don’t know what your talking about. Since your so diligently working with the materials how about some updates on your progress or some results you’ve achieved using he materials?

Also what material are you referring to? E.A.'s? Since your a Student of Goetia I would assume your aware there are other works on magick besides E.A.'s and the Goetia. Just because someone shares something that your not familiar with doesn’t mean it’s not valid.

Uhmmmm....well if the rest of us come over to your clubhouse....we are NOT wearing those crazy caps like your avatar!

THE HATS ARE MANDATORY! FUCKING DEAL WITH IT!

Can we wear assless chaps?

Only if Ryan is a nickname for a girl with an ass so sexy it can cure the blind.

[quote=“-TWF-, post:11, topic:1451”]

Uhmmmm…well if the rest of us come over to your clubhouse…we are NOT wearing those crazy caps like your avatar!

THE HATS ARE MANDATORY! FUCKING DEAL WITH IT![/quote]
If we can’t play dress-up then what’s the point, right?

At last someone who appreciates pageantry!

Does a hermaphrodite with an ass so sexy it can cure AIDS and Herpes count? If so I’m in.

Considering I’ve got a bad case of both why not? I’m still standing firm on the hat rule.

OK…I’ll wear the hat. It’ll take the world by storm…Egyptian head wear and assless chaps.

Might as well throw in a banana hammock and eye patch for good measure.

I’m laughing my ass off here TWF. Good to go there are others with a great sense of humor here.

I can see the pros and cons in both ways of having the forum private. And I have just started ignoring the idiots. They would exist as product owners as well and we’d still probably have the same issues.

Yeah,

On the “serious” note however, I think it may cause more confusion with yet…ANOTHER…forum…and so on and on on and on…

I will say this: if the forum is left as is…it’s obvious that “outsiders” or people that truly have an interest in Magick (yes…with a K:)) can see that we’re not just doing this for shits & giggles man.

Why hide all the goodness?

[quote=“Mage, post:1, topic:1451”]I had a thought.

It would be nice to have a forum that is only available for product owners.

For example, if one had the invocation program, they could be a part of that forum - etc.

That might keep things private amongst those that had the material. Just an idea.[/quote]

I thought about that. It was the original intention for this forum. But I don’t think it’s wise to isolate and separate everyone.

For example, let’s say a really good and smart magician gets one program, but doesn’t get another. Does that mean he can’t access certain boards to share his expertise, just because he didn’t get the product?

Seems stupid to restrict someone who could provide help from participating.

Also, I like the idea of letting newcomers see the more advanced magicians discus what they are learning in programs, because it gives them courage and confidence to step up and try new things.

Plus, running two forums - or having locked boards - becomes too complicated, and makes the registration and moderation a labor intensive mess.

I understand.

But to my knowledge, in the 1+ years that the forum has been active, we’ve had at most 3 users who are ideologically opposed to our stances, or just plain stupid.

That’s hardly a problem, nor is it against the rules.

And yes, Sunas is retarded and takes it up the ass from demons, but I think it’s an exaggeration to say he’s “wreaking havoc”.

He’s settled into being just a normal member, after taking a vicious beating from all of us. Now he’s just a contrarian. Ignore him.

Beyond all of this, I’ve managed to secure the forum to such an extent that we’ve not had a single shred of spam for several months.

I’m proud of that. We definitely have the most productive magick forum in the world - as far as I know!