Pretty sound pact I wrote earlier. Good for working with azazel

Yes.

[quote=“Student of Goetia, post:20, topic:1042”]Although I understand the concept, in practice I’m still not sure what the meaning of ‘ascension’ is and what it has to do with the demons executing the tasks for which I have summoned them.
what I want is black magic. i.e. power. Is that ascension?[/quote]

Ascension is the process of pushing towards godhood. Seeking power, wisdom, or both - this is the push towards ascension. Entities seek to aide you in your ascent, by giving said power, or wisdom, or both.

Making a pact is more than just executing tasks, it is to accelerate your progress, to gain further power. Sometimes the impediments to your progress are actually things you hold dear, and you may prefer to work around them rather than remove them. This is why you clearly word your pact. If you want an entity to help you become a powerful black magician, they might decide the best way for you to do that is to go to prison so you have to fight for your survival. Does that make sense?

1 Like

They are welcome to aide me insofar as the objectives I have presented to them-- I only ask that they are my allies in achieving specific objectives – i.e. the objectives of the rituals. Nothing beyond the scope of specific tasks.
If they help me accomplish this, they have already been of tremendous help.

To followon Redcircle’s response to “Ascension” -another way might be, doing magickal works (as Student of Goetia put it “executing the tasks for which I have summoned them” as specfics, and more overall “Power”) over time develops your ability to do them easier.
Such that a Working (whether involving an Entity or not) that is tricky and takes much time to sink/synch into, becomes setup and go. And later, just a centering of the mind, direction of energy.

(and as EA mentions in Works Of Darkness, and I believe in the BALG ebk: eventually not just a thought, but at times even before you recognize you have a goal, the magic-forces have gone into motion)

^^^^^

That can happen as a result of doing Works- developing those “pathways”.
Ascension is directly-specifically developing those “pathways”

(as well as recontextualizing who and how “you” are… which also makes things click overall).

[[   For ex "Ipsissimus" has alot of info (EA himself mentions he doesn't think it has as many how-to techniques, yet I'd say that is the most useful.  It is context so that when you have a question, how would I _?  it is now obvious.  one "Gets It").   Thus Ascension is not related to any specific knowledge, but rather just things make more sense, and 'obvious"  ]]

=======
An interp I’ve been wondering about, though this last I’m not sure, is if a Pact can be seen in the same as the wordings of the “request” (for info or for action-change) given to the Entity in Evocation, and related to the Sending-Image/feeling released when [Opening a Sigil]…

Relate to TiberiusJames recent post about working about a representative rite, and going over it and over it- on paper- refines it, once it gels/clicks that alone can make things start to come to pass....
Likewise- once one has reviewed and confirmed a Pact, it may start to change things (especially if the Pact relates to "internal-psychological-personality-motivation" changes).

This could start things: even before presenting it to the Daemon-Entity (either Ancient, or from Elsewhere entirely)

{as well as refining such an agreement could turn the corner from “make-believe” to a sense that one is Contacting and entering into (agreement) with something Else} Like the sense of an Incantation being Heard/Listened to, even before perceiving “them”, beyond just “vibrating” or speaking alone. < -working a Pact can be like this (?) >

[quote=“necromaster, post:1, topic:1042”]I, (insert name), hereby give myself over to Azazel, grand demon of darkness for thirteen days of possession. Should anything happen that I cannot handle whether it be emotionally, psychologically, or spiritually, I hold the right to terminate the possession.

The pact with the demon Azazel is as follows. He will grant me all the wisdom and power as he is able within thirteen days of possession in which he is permitted to be within my body and temple. After this time he will be exorcised into kosher or sea-salt and then buried.

I give myself over completely to Azazel for all his wisdom and power during these thirteen days. For my complete devotion, my commands are as followed. You, Azazel, grand demon of darkness will bring unto me familiars to clear my path so that I may ascend, as much power as I can handle which will remain with me for eternity, as much wealth as you are able and opportunity to gain more after the duration of this pact, and wisdom that can only be had through the black flame. During this possession you will scar me with your infernal power and open my third eye immensely so that I may behold your form and your legions with not only my third eye but my physical eyes as well. All of these things should be brought to me without any further evocations so that I may focus on ascent during the time in which you possess me. I ask that during this time you do not harm me or my family nor do anything which I would not desire such as rape, murder, or anything which would cause me to go to prison.

I understand that not all of these requirements will be obtained during such a short amount of time, however I will devote myself to you Azazel, in hopes and dedication that you will bring me one step closer to my desires.

I thank you sincerely for your aid in all these things Azazel.

Magician

Entity

_________________[/quote]

Did you ever do the 13-day possession pact? If so how did it go?

necromaster’s no longer a member on here, I’m not sure if anyone else can answer though. :slight_smile: