Preparatory immersion! please help!

Besides googling the spirit you plan on evoking, what are some other things that you do for preparatory immersion? How many days do you do preparatory immersion? must you think about the entity 24/7 during the days of preparatory immersion? can you scry in a black mirror and look at the entity during preparatory immersion, or no? what are some do’s and donts?
please feel free to give as much information as possible!

1 Like

Hey Marie! I’ll add my little tidbits when it comes to immersion. I won’t Bs you I’ve only really gotten deep into immersion with entities I plan on working with for a long period of time.
In my case it was/ is with Lilith. I looked the history of references and their stories(Biblical, Jewish, Arabic,Mesopotamian etc.) various pictures various sigils. Various hyms invocations/conjurations from a multitude of sources. I use a hym or invocation prior to any working I do so long as the energies I plan on working with isn’t counterproductive to my goal.
To this day I still have the Babylonian idol picture on my wall and on my laptop as a wallpaper (one day I’ll eventually pic up the statue). Scents associated, oils, and I work under the lunar hours of the day if I am working with her. It came to the point where if I was studying something about her I would study in a lunar hour while burning Jasmine and said a hym prior to it. I personally don’t think you have to get that deep into it, I just felt “driven” to do it and it made sense to me at the time.
I personally think it’s up to the magician to determine how close you want to get to the entity when it comes to immersion. I don’t do it with entities that I want to get a specific thing from in that instance and have no desire for a long term correspondence. I hope what I added helped.

[quote=“keez, post:2, topic:4021”]Hey Marie! I’ll add my little tidbits when it comes to immersion. I won’t Bs you I’ve only really gotten deep into immersion with entities I plan on working with for a long period of time.
In my case it was/ is with Lilith. I looked the history of references and their stories(Biblical, Jewish, Arabic,Mesopotamian etc.) various pictures various sigils. Various hyms invocations/conjurations from a multitude of sources. I use a hym or invocation prior to any working I do so long as the energies I plan on working with isn’t counterproductive to my goal.
To this day I still have the Babylonian idol picture on my wall and on my laptop as a wallpaper (one day I’ll eventually pic up the statue). Scents associated, oils, and I work under the lunar hours of the day if I am working with her. It came to the point where if I was studying something about her I would study in a lunar hour while burning Jasmine and said a hym prior to it. I personally don’t think you have to get that deep into it, I just felt “driven” to do it and it made sense to me at the time.
I personally think it’s up to the magician to determine how close you want to get to the entity when it comes to immersion. I don’t do it with entities that I want to get a specific thing from in that instance and have no desire for a long term correspondence. I hope what I added helped.[/quote]

Thank you so much! that makes a lot of sense!

maybe planetary associations??
for example kingdom of flames grimoire describes lukorst as an angel with gold light.this can be linked with the sun and his gold light that atracts prosperity,money and luck and is beneficial in general

[quote=“dron, post:4, topic:4021”]maybe planetary associations??
for example kingdom of flames grimoire describes lukorst as an angel with gold light.this can be linked with the sun and his gold light that atracts prosperity,money and luck and is beneficial in general[/quote]

But how would you go about the preperatory immersion? must you call his name all day every day for how many days? would you have to visualize him? is it okay to scry for him in a black mirror for preparatory immersion?

Prep story immersion is getting into the act of the ritual the day befor burn a candle on top of the sigil of the entity. Then get into the process befor evocation. Take a shower then put on the clothes you’ll wear for the evocation. All day chanting the name? That’s a lot of time. Just do it. Your gonna spend a year befor your first evocation.

1 Like

if you want to bring the entity closer to you,you can open his sigil everyday.

Bear with me, I am on my phone.

Preparatory immersion is half for the magicians benefit, so I don’t think your questions can be answered with hard and fast rules. Are you feeling a better connection with the spirit? Then you are doing something right. Communicating through a black mirror is great, so is burning the appropriate incense and opening the sigil. You want to build up a relationship, kind of like sky ping with someone before you hang out in person.

There is a thread around here listing good resources for spirit correspondence, find one of the book store listed and experiment to see what gets you the best results.

All preparatory immersion means is getting to know the Spirit and Energy you will be working with.

You connect your mind, emotions, energy and consciousness as a whole with the Spirit. You will feel the Spirits energy and understand its purpose. The Spirit will also become conscious of you, thereby creating a link.

Here’s the steps…

1. Research Online
  • Spirits History, Etymology, Attributes
  • Peoples Experiences with the Spirit(on this forum and google)
  • Spirits Enns, Chants, Sigils
  • Songs, Poetry, Paintings of Spirit
  1. Open Sigil
  • Draw with black marker on white paper the Spirits Sigil
  • Gaze(not stare but loosely look) at Sigil till the lines disappear and reappear, finally till it flashes or seems to rise off the paper
  • Chant its Name or Song while Sigil Gazing
  • Make an introduction when you feel the Spirits energy, state your purpose for connecting with the spirit
  1. Evoke
3 Likes

Thank you everyone for your answers! this really helps alot!!!