Predict your own death

IS there a way to know if you are going to die soon? I have alot of fear of death. How do I overcome this?

1 Like

Step 1: accept that you will die.
Step 2: learn how to become a lich.
Step 3: ???
Step 4: PROFIT!

3 Likes

Lich?

It was a joke within a joke, honestly though you just have to accept that someday you’ll die. It’s inevitable, no matter what you do or how powerful you become. Death is the great equalizer.

2 Likes

I agree. But i love my children and my friends and my life. I jsut dont want to die young. I was once told by a psalmist that I will live a long life.

It’s nearly impossible to predict your death given the many paths your life and death can go, precognition or any future visual is just probable situations as the future doesn’t exist until choices are made that lead to consequences and such.

1 Like

So death could be in my hands

Or rathe rmy own death could be determined by choices

Yes, but also in the hands of others if it turns into say a murder situation. Life is that unpredictable and filled with many paths.

1 Like

So how do i rid myself of this fear

I’m not sure I can help with that, the fear of dying young is a common human fear. You’d have to work through that professional I won’t claim to know how to do that.

2 Likes

Honestly in fight or flight you’re going to be kicking an screaming its biological nature but in terms everyday life what helped me was thinking of either the afterlife or eternal silence and sleep as something to look forward to. Focusing on the pros of death and telling the cons to go fuck themself.

2 Likes

Ramana Maharshi (an Hindu sage/saint), out of fear towards death, faked it by lying down clenching his fists etc. then eventually found out he was conscious, so his “I” was immortal, the Atman.
The objection “Of course: he wasn’t actually dead” may arise; I still have to go over it myself, but that was a sort of spiritual insight, an inspiration that put him on the road by focusing on said I/Atman and solved his fear of death. (Thats an example, a “possible way”)

1 Like

To know this is the highest privilege. Gives you fearlessness and strength. Also you have a enormous amount of money. More than you can spend in a lifetime.

1 Like

You can acquire spiritual immortality. Though your physical body will perish. It’s inevitable.

That fear of death you have is nothing more than a reminder to you to live everyday like it is your last. It’s strongest in those that have a serious purpose here. It will pass when you “wake up” and realize your potential and step into who you really are.

4 Likes

There are a few different things that can help overcome the fear of death. Mediating about death, such as gazing at a tombstone in a cemetery or visualizing your body rotting away before you can actually help with accepting death. Evoking and working with death deities can help as well. A more extreme method that can also be helpful is to perform a ritualistic “death” such as one I wrote here. While the purpose in the post was more geared for those who desired an ending of their own suffering to open the door for a better life instead of physical death, the purpose can be shifted to overcome the fear of dying.

If you feel like you want to try any of these but feel you are psyching yourself before starting, look up a concept called “death denial”. It is not a pretty road to go down and has been a classical theme in cinema you have probably seen. (For example, the origins of Darth Vader in Star Wars, as Anakin was a classic example of one who was in death denial).

3 Likes