Practicing non-Christian magick in a Christian environment

This is a continuation on my post yesterday on whether you’d perform magick in someone else’s home.

Can there be dangers in practicing magick in a Christian home? And I mean the type of place where the residents are hardcore believers and theirs religious iconography all over the place. I’d like for everyone to not assume I’m talking about dealing with demonic forces. I’m talking about any sort of magick, abrahamic, pagan, lhp, whatever.

Are there any risks involved? Can magick be weakened? Can it open up any dangers? Can someone get hurt?

Risks? Yes, there can be blowback from any forces currently in the house, particularly if the residents are “hardcore” believers and the home is saturated in the power of their god.

I have heard of poltergeist activity as well as objects being broken in such situations. Sometimes the residents are harassed or tormented as well. Sleep disturbances can result and pets can be hurt. Ghostly or shadowy figures may also be seen.

Think about the things horror movies usually portray about demonic activity. That is the kind of stuff that can potentially happen when energies clash (not spirits necessarily, but simply blind forces, if proper precautions are not taken).

2 Likes

You can design magick to bypass and circumvent pretty much any hindrance.

In an “hostile” environment, that being a place full of emotional, spiritual, and psionic ambient energy that is on the opposite spectrum of whatever you work with, you need to design every spell to both run silent by energy insulation as well as bolster it with a thicker composition of willpower and emotional energy.

Sure, the latter may become difficult due to the former, but it is quite possible if you possess basic abilities to manipulate energy.

Christians are usually magically inept, but then, most people are pretty primitive in the way they interact with magical forces, so getting this done is quite easy.

However, a lot of people underestimate the value of hardware, and hardware can become vital for a powerful presence in a room full of energy you reject, and this can pose a weakness, as hardline Christians are infamous to be intolerant towards magical items.

This all comes down to how creative the caster is, but it is fully possible to maintain a powerful magical presence in an hostile environment, provided that the magic cast is not violating the presence itself.

You may not want to desecrate Christian symbols in a Christian home because that might actually provoke a reaction from the entities present, and this is not a good idea in any case.

What any caster should want to do is bypass the meddling mortals, not the spiritual presences of the home, because you CAN hide your magical presence from the mortals, however, hiding your magical presence to a spirit which is heavily present in the surrounding area is extremely ill-advised.

I mean some christians practice magick, there’s literally a path of christian wicca now a days.

Christianity and magick are perfectly compatible, and there have been many different cases of Christian movements dabbling with magick.

However, I take it that the OP is talking about how to swim against a strong current of magical force running opposed to what you want to do.

Really fervent people emit quite powerful energy, and given time, this energy can cause inertia to other energies.

Casting spells in the presence of such strong current can be met with heavy inertia, as the spiritual presence of the hardliner manifest strong disdain towards any presence not of God, Jesus, Saints, or Angels, effectively suppressing it.

Hatred is a strong emotion, intolerance is a concept that can easily take the form of magical force.

1 Like

Do you live in a Christian home where this is a problem? To me the answer is obvious.

Actually no. My parents don’t concern religion. My personal environment is filled with iconography of either fantasy or occultism. Outside, our home is more spiritually neutral.

However, we are visiting our religious relatives. That’s why I ask.

1 Like

How religious are your relatives?
If they are not overly zealous, there should be no inertia when casting spells, and if they are, then just design an insulating seal around the bound spell (provided you make use of sigils and seals).

They know I do this and they don’t care. Course, practicing in their home is different than practicing in mine. It would be like then coming into my place and doing bible study in the kitchen.

Sounds to me like there should be no issues in terms of metaphysical conditions, I can do nothing else but wish you good luck then.

Actually considering how long we’re here I decided not to. Too big a hassle. I’m asking out of curiosity

1 Like

Truth be told I myself feel very comfortable in this environment. And I’m human. Any spirit I call on may actually feel insulted.

Hardcore Christians, especially Fundamental Christians, are AGAINST, Psychic, Hindus, Buddhists, Yoga, Kundalini, E.T., Star Wars, The Force, Shamans, Voodoo, Kabbalah, Runes, Astrology, Telepathy, Empathy, Eckankar, Reiki, Falon Gong, Tarot Cards, Divination of all sorts, and, essentially, all other forms of Spiritual Power, and Ability.
I speak from years of experience.
And, if any of the Christians are “Psychic, Empathic, Clairvoyant”, to any competent degree, ( What christians call the “Gifts of the Spirit” ), then they might sense you practicing magic in any form, and attack you for it, ( “for your own good” ), “In the name of the Lord”, etc.

I’m asking if me doing any practice would cause harm to my aunt and uncle.

https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=22134
This topic talks about not doing Aura cleaning near animals and children.
Doing magic and energy work can effect others around us.
Intention and directing energy is important.
Keeps from harming others around us
Magic does effect our environment.
Initiation Into Hermetics PDF free ebook talks about this as well.