Power of Light

So, I am going to put this as “White Magick”, even if I consider the power of Light to be neutral, just as darkness is neutral.

A lot of talk about embracing the darkness and loving thine evil self (which is all fun and games), but I am sincerely curious, how many here makes use of Light in their magick.

As in, the ethereal element of Light, not just the light that comes from candles when you cast a spell.

The Light for me means many things, among them, hope, fire, struggle, resistance, righteousness, and virtue.
Nothing controversial, nothing unexpected.

I believe I am serving the Light, as in the element of Light, and that the goddess I work for, and with, represent a state of pure light.

I oppose Darkness, because darkness represent oblivion, sin, complacency, apathy, and death.
Just my definition, don’t shoot me.

For me, Light can be very baneful, striking down on the unjust, just as it can be very merciful towards those that needs refuge, so I consider Light to be neutral as an element.
I got a mean streak, I know, Light easily becomes a searing weapon fueled by the fires of zeal.

Some may ask what a good old wannabe templar does here on a board full of dark siders.

Well, first, I am not a part of the religions that usually enjoys this attitude, and I consider Wiccans to be pretty stale.

To me, the Light is like the Darkness is to a dark magician, a force in universe that can be tapped into possessing traits worth adapting and learning from.

So my question is, anyone here relates to what I am saying?

3 Likes

In my opinion, magick is power and power is neutral. I work with both light and darkness. And can understand what you mean, that’s my view of things when I’m on that side.
As I change places due to… life and circumstances, I see things differently, as my point of view changes.

Both are equally respected as two sides of the same coin, as long as we keep religious dogma out of the picture or we would be talking about magick vs religion, not white and black magick.

So I totally agree with you and respect your choice and to be honest, your courage to declare your chosen path in a board full of dark siders but also welcomes everyone.

That is absolutely true. I think it’s important you mentioned that because of the common image of white magicians caused mainly by specific religious paths ( Wicca for example ! ) about the ability of white magick to be baneful when it needs to be. Good point.

5 Likes

From at least my understanding and tapping into an inner realm or plane of power its forever a unity of both dark and light, much like the stunning power of an eclipse. There must be light to cast a shadow, and there must be darkness to have the light shine. Neither can exist without the other, and neither one can supersede the other. Both have power and knowledge to examine in ourselves and depends on what we want to accomplish with said power, and honestly focusing too far on one or the other doesn’t feel good to me, so I use what I can and see fit at each time.

3 Likes

I have noticed that there is quite less activity on these pages versus the black magik ones. And I’m aware of light magik having the potential to be baneful, out of curiosity though angel magik seems to not have that same ability. I’m sure there may be some occasions but I’ve never came across that. I presume (if angel magick truly can’t be baneful) that would be in part because in light magik the practitioner is drawing from a power source that might be of light and love but is still ultimately coming from them (or at least is arguably utilized and possibly transmuted by them) whereas in angel magik you are giving the control over to a being that is the embodiment of light and love, and as the “practitioner” you’d be just asking for the assistance of an angel. Which they can ultimately refuse to do. Any more insight to this would be greatly appreciated and any corrections are welcomed

Pick up a copy of Angels of Wrath by Gordon Winterfield. It’s full of angels to use for baneful works.

3 Likes

Much appreciated

1 Like

It looks more like a tool to me. You can construc something with, lets say, a hammer. Or you can smack something untill it doesn’t exist anymore. That, a tool.

1 Like

@ReyCuervo Everything and everyone is a tool in the end.
What matters is how you use it and to what end.