Potent sigil creation

I was thinking about how to make a more potent sigil. What came to mind was drawing some blood perhaps more than just a few finger pricks if possible, then mixing that blood with some ink. Once you have your mixture of blood and ink you simply proceed to draw the sigil. I feel like this combination would make for some very strong sigil magick. The drawing itself could also act not only a portal, but also as an offering. What do you guys think?

2 Likes

I did something similar way back in the day. Basically I used one of those Quill/Ink Dipping pens that I bought from an Art Supply store. Fountain Pen. Then I would use a Lancet that I got for free by visiting one of those blood/plasma donation centers, as they test your blood before you can donate. But I saved the spring loaded lancet. It kind of stinged from doing it multiple times… but I was fine and it saved me from having to cut myself.

So I end up with a small dish of blood and I am able to write out an entire Letter of Intent/Sigils. On the side in my chalice for ritual I have Ritual Drink that I knock back after I have dealt the blood. I just splurged and bought a new Bottle of Ritual Drink: =) One could also mix Semen with it if it suits ones fancy and makes it feel more potent. FYI, you do not even need the Ink, as the Blood is Great Ink on a creamy sheet of Fine Parchment. The Ritual drink contributes and adds a Drunken Master sense of Power…its more to add joy and comfort to my ritual than anything as Celebratory Drink =) I’m no angry tequila drunk.

https://www.zeetequila.com/products/Gran-Centenario-Leyenda-Extra-Anejo-750ml.html

Gran Centenario Leyenda is among the first Tequilas to ever be awarded the classification “Extra Añejo.” Combining only 100% blue agave with an average aging process of 4 years in French Limousin oak barrels, Leyenda has remained the best-kept secret in the highlands of Jalisco. the Seleccíon Suave process marries the spirit with Tequila reserves that are aged up to fifteen years for richness and complexity, unveiling a light and sweet woodiness, accentuated by aromatic flavors of oak, maple, roasted almond and cloves. Gran Centenario Leyenda’s dark amber color glimmers with highlights of bright copper. With a long warm cinnamon hinted finish, it is perfectly suited for an after dinner snifter or the most refined cocktail.

4 Likes

I think you are about to make some really powerful sigils. Blood can be a great addition to ink or paint used for making a sigil, situation depending. You can also add an extra kick by using plants and incenses (powdered) with appropriate correspondences, i.e. add some powdered chamomile to ink used in making a money sigil. Making/charging the sigil during the appropriate planetary hours can be great, too. I avoid color correspondences with my sigils, though. It makes it harder for me to forget them and that does not really work for the system I use.

I also amp up spirit sigils in this manner by adding the powdered form of the spirit’s incense into the paint I use to make them. My spirit sigils tend to be permanent, so this added attention works well for all involved. I am performing some experiments of my own right now with my own chaos sigil process, so let me know how this turns out for you.

4 Likes

Yes, I once read a recipe with carbonized apricot kernels, two drops of blood from left hand etc.
Two possibilities (which may be combined) are also to construct a “real 3D” sigil or draw four alphabet tables: two above and two below. The top-right one begins with the A also at the top right; bottom left with A at bottom left. The bottom right table is oriented upside down, and so on.
Unite the letters of an entity name according to every possible combination, in each table. Then unite only the equal letters across every table.

1 Like

I think a dip pen would be lovely for this application. I recommend a copperplate nib (speedball makes a good one) and i recommend you clean it IMMEDIATELY after use to avoid corrosion. I also recommend you drip the ink into a smaller dish before adding the blood to the smaller dish because blood clots in your ink would suck

3 Likes

This wouldn’t increase the potency of the sigil itself at all.

It would however strengthen the bond between you and the sigil, making it easier to charge and maybe allowing you to dump more energy into it at once.

A sigil is just a symbol for something else. It represents something, like how a clay doll represents a person in some voodoo style practices. When you draw a sigil, you are essentially enforcing the idea that “the sigil is this goal or entity”. The reason a lot of sigils fail when you are trying to enact a change is that the sigil doesn’t represent what you want to manifest, it represents the manifestation of what you want. You can’t just make a sigil for “I want a lot of money”, you gotta make it say “I have a lot of money”. What it’s written with and on doesn’t matter except to you and only you, and as far as results go, blood or no in the ink, it will work the same results, you will just have a difference in how efficient and effective you are at channeling energies through it.

2 Likes

Yes and no, IMO. If it increases his connection via immersion then in a mechanical sense I would say he is making the sigil far more powerful. Also consider that he wants to add blood as an offering; blood has great power. Making a sigil with your own blood in it acting as both an offering and the spirit’s signature is serving a dual purpose, so again, I would have to say in terms of his specific purpose that this sigil would be more powerful by proxy alone, and definitely does create a stronger bond. But, without that blood connection it really is a matter of immersion, like you said.

1 Like

Blood contains life force so it would increase the potency of chaos style sigils and could act as an offering to spirit sigils. A cool experiment would be drawing runic staves or Vevés with the blood and see what came of it. I wonder if it would amplify the effects of the runes or maybe facilitate faster contact with the vevés.

2 Likes

Blood in your runes? Oh yeah, big time. I was always under the impression that it was part of the process; adding blood to carved wooden runes is a classic part of their creation, or adding blood to your consecration for stone ones. Also, make the wood runes from live trees, not detritus. Dead wood makes dead runes, and your blood links them to you, amongst other effects.

1 Like