Post Ritual Recharge

After performing a ritual I often feel quite drained, even if the ritual lasted less than 5 minutes.

Is there anything you do to recharge afterwards?

I usually have a coffee when I need a little boost, however after doing a ritual I never feel like having one. The exhaustion is a different type.
I have had a short sleep after doing a ritual to recharge.

I am also curious as to why exactly myself and other magicians (I know Koetting has said he feels spent after a ritual) feel exhausted after a ritual?

Is it solely that it takes energy to manifest a spirit during an evocation and some of that energy comes from us?

Or do you think that we feel drained because energy is taken from us from the spirit to help with manifesting the outcome of the ritual?

1 Like

Well generally speaking doing any magic for a lot of people is like sprinting, its a bit clunky to start but then you get into the groove and after you’re done you realize you’re out of breath.

Where that energy goes depends on the ritual. Sometimes the spirit takes it, sometimes you take it, sometimes it goes out and does the work, etc.

For recharging the “vital spirit”, you can do a few things- vampirically feed from the sun or moon, or the earth (humans are a bit dirty and its unhealthy to try and draw a ritual’s worth of energy from one). You could also take a ritual bath, or meditate on your current vital force and refine it internally.

[quote=“DeathWish, post:1, topic:7028”]After performing a ritual I often feel quite drained, even if the ritual lasted less than 5 minutes.

Is there anything you do to recharge afterwards?[/quote]

Eat, usually something with cheese, or butter - for some reason the dairy fat seems to help me.

The really funny thing was when I did a ketogenic diet for just over 3 months at the start of last year, and I discovered that any kind of heavier work, like evocation, would make me so ravenously hungry craving sugar - in ketosis, I gather that your body creates its own glucose and usually has the equivalent of about a teaspoonful circulating throughout your entire bloodtsream, and it maintains this level constantly which is why you don’t get crashes after eating, have steady energy, no cravings, etc.

It was cool (and I know I was maintaining it, I measured ketones nearly every time I pee’d) but evocation could crash me out of that, maybe somehow burning up that bit too much of my carefully-made glucose or something, and the effect would last all day - I’d crave fruit, even cakes and alcohol, crappy stuff, anything to lift my blood sugar.

I’d love to do a full blood panel, measurement of CO2, and CT scan before, during, and after an evocation, there seems to be a definite physical impact of this that “it’s all in your mind” just doesn’t explain.

Oh, and nothing else caused that effect for the period I was in ketosis - not exercise, sex, prolonged periods of being awake (20+ hours) or even one time I got some shocking bad news that made me jump, probably released a bunch of adrenaline etc., I was a bit shaken by that but nothing like the raving hunger afterwards.

I have had a short sleep after doing a ritual to recharge.

I do that sometimes too.

I am also curious as to why exactly myself and other magicians (I know Koetting has said he feels spent after a ritual) feel exhausted after a ritual?

Is it solely that it takes energy to manifest a spirit during an evocation and some of that energy comes from us?

Or do you think that we feel drained because energy is taken from us from the spirit to help with manifesting the outcome of the ritual?

I have NO idea, honestly… something evidently happens to (among other things) blood glucose, at least with my n=1 3-month experiment.

It was the main reason I ended keto, and went back to a higher carb level, I absolutely loved it, but a single piece of work would wreck my entire day with the constant cravings…

So, something happens, and that it continued past what you’d think would be the point when the body could restablise, sometimes up to 16 hours, was also weird - it was like an ongoing depletion, obviously a healthy person’s body can make enough sugars to function even after a short period of exertion, but it seemed like that became a day-long challenge after evoking some spirits.

It may be that for that brief period in the evocation, you’re becoming a co-creator of reality because you’re brining two realms or levels or whatever that don’t usually co-exist, together, through an act of will - there’s a lot talked about this being (in that instant) attaining the state of “god of your own reality” and maybe that’s just one hell of a strain on the human manifestation running it?

But I’m just guessing, could be out by miles. :slight_smile:

It usually gets easier with practice, in terms of general tiredness, but that sugar thing didn’t budge an inch over 3 months, so evidently that’s not something you can acclimatise to.

This is an old topic, but i feel this so hard. I have been doing rituals almost daily. Even visualization and prayer is a lot, i can’t quite describe it, but it makes me weak.

i usually have a smoke and maybe something to drink like a soda if i happen to
have it close by or sometimes if i have been awake for days i fall asleep for a little bit