Possible Entity (spirit/familiar/being/guide) Contact

Hello everyone. Here is the situation.

TL;DR: Bird-headed woman appeared in my visualization when I was in a state of fear and anxiety. She helped me to calm down and return to sleep.

I went to sleep before midnight, and I had a dope ass dream. I woke up around 0200, needing to use the bathroom. I hurried and went, then climbed back into bed, still very groggy and expecting to sleep quickly.
Within a few minutes, that feeling transformed into me being wide awake and full of anxiety, and on the brink of terror. I was fighting it hard, to not give in to fear. I was on my stomach with my eyes closed. I could feel my anxiety growing, feeling like something negative was in the room with me.
I recently purchased Franz Bardonā€™s ā€œInitiation Into Hermeticsā€, and read a bit of it, and I remembered the breathing exercises.
I started trying to control my breathing and get into a calmer state. I tried pore breathing, and visualizing breathing in white light, then exhaling the light and filling the room with it. It worked a bit, but not enough.
I switched tactics, trying to imagine playing Fortnite (lol), anything to occupy my mind and calm me down. Just then, the image in my mind switched from Fortnite to a woman with a bird head (her head was a birdā€™s head) standing in my closet.
The feathers were dark green, she was expressionless. Idk what the type of bird was, Iā€™ve never seen it before and havenā€™t been able to find it online. If anything, a cross between an eagle and an owl, but without the angry look eagles have. Very passive. Her body was thin, with small breasts. She wore a sleeveless off-white long vest, open with no shirt underneath. It exposed the inner part of her chest and stomach, but the vibe I got was in no way sexual at all. She stood very still and straight, but not tense. Arms by her side, legs together. Barefoot.
I got the feeling I should try to draw energy from her and fill the room with it, instead of the white light I had been visualizing. I did so, using the breathing technique (not pore breathing this time). Within a few minutes I was asleep again and back into a random dream.
{>>>>>>>>>My question: Can anyone explain what happened, have you had similar experiences, could this be a familiar, or a friendly spirit? Does it resonate with anything like that? Or does it seem like a purely psychological occurance?<<<<<<<<<<<<<<}

Some background on me:
Iā€™ve been studying magic for about a year. First Tarot, then wiccan, then chaos magic, then occult anthropology, then Crowley, then ā€œblackā€ magic, basically a very broad spectrum. Hermetics/chaos is where I am now. My first thought was Thoth, but heā€™s male and is portrayed with an Ibis head. I then thought of the depictions of Annunaki, but they donā€™t match up.

1 Like

You could always call to the entity ā€œI call upon the entity that appeared to me in -this form-ā€ then ask her.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply! I plan on doing exactly that tomorrow morning around the same time she appeared (Iā€™m working tonight so I canā€™t do it now). Iā€™ve done a tarot reading, asking ā€œwhy did she appearā€, the answer leaning more toward a guide-type entity and the start of something. I just want to know if others have more knowledge in this area before i try to call upon her.

One thing you will come to learn early on is that for every ā€˜named entityā€™ (entity thatā€™s name is known enough to be fairly common knowledge to exist), thereā€™s a theoretically infinite number of ā€˜nameless entitiesā€™ (ones that have names but arenā€™t known by anyone).

3 Likes

That does make sense. Iā€™ve thought about and theorized about ā€œlesserā€ beings, but never put it in the context of lesser KNOWN beings. That feels better to me.

Yeah, itā€™s not that they are lesser, they are just unknown by the majority. Heck, if they are local spirits, they might not even have a single person that knows their name.

Thatā€™s pretty crazy to think about, but again, it makes sense. I still have countless things to learn; hopefully this will be a nice first step into more advanced (relative to me) practice.

Please introduce yourself in the Intro thread found here:

It is one of the few rules of this forum, and I see you have not done so yet.